HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sags vs Remparts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=280733)

montreal 08-14-2006 07:33 PM

Sags vs Remparts

Anyone going to the game wed's night? It's at 7:30 I believe. No clue if Mikus or Lacasse see any action since they might just go with mostly guys on the bubble of a roster spot. If anyone does make it to the game, it would be great to hear any info on either prospect.

Talent Analyst 08-14-2006 07:56 PM

Where the games ?? will be televised ?

montreal 08-14-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talent Analyst (Post 6284962)
Where the games ?? will be televised ?

Centre Georges-Vézina. tv for a preseason game, I'd guess doubtful.

habsprospects 08-14-2006 09:23 PM

the game is wednesday not tomorrow

True_Canadiens 08-14-2006 11:47 PM

Where can I find a LHJMQ Message Board?

CH Wizard 08-16-2006 10:08 AM

If Mikus is going to play, I want to know he'll do.

habsrock44 08-16-2006 11:23 PM

Hey guys, I'm up here in Alma (not far from where the Sags play) and I got to see the game. The Sags lost 2-1 but dominated the 1st, first half of the second, and 3rd periods. They broke down and took a lot of stupid penalties about halfway through the second and the Remparts scored both their goals then.

Concerning Mikus, man does this kid have some hands. Easily IMO the best player on the ice every shift. He's a really fast and smooth skater, and the program had him listed as 6'0" and 190 lbs. He was constantly making beatiful moves with the puck and shaking all of the defensive coverage. Overall I believe he was even +- for the night, he was on for the Sags goal but was in the box for one against. The 2 downsides to the evening was that he had at least 2 empty nets and couldn't put it in. The first was at the beginging of the game on a beautiul cross ice pass and missed the net wide left. The other one I remember was at the end of the game on a big rebound that came right to him and either he hit the post or the goalie's back pad cause the goalie had no chance but the puck never went in. I was at center ice so I couldn't quite see what happened. The other downside was I would have liked him to shoot some more. He has a great shot it seems, but it looked like he was always looking for the pass.

Now one thing that we have to keep in mind is that this is the first game of the preseason so hopefully he can only get better. I have a funny feeling I'll be in Alma a bunch of times so hoefully I'll be able to give some more caps of his games. I won't be there on the 25th against the Oceanic but I might be there on the 31st.

Habsfan18 08-16-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsrock44 (Post 6303187)
Hey guys, I'm up here in Alma (not far from where the Sags play) and I got to see the game. The Sags lost 2-1 but dominated the 1st, first half of the second, and 3rd periods. They broke down and took a lot of stupid penalties about halfway through the second and the Remparts scored both their goals then.

Concerning Mikus, man does this kid have some hands. Easily IMO the best player on the ice every shift. He's a really fast and smooth skater, and the program had him listed as 6'0" and 190 lbs. He was constantly making beatiful moves with the puck and shaking all of the defensive coverage. Overall I believe he was even +- for the night, he was on for the Sags goal but was in the box for one against. The 2 downsides to the evening was that he had at least 2 empty nets and couldn't put it in. The first was at the beginging of the game on a beautiul cross ice pass and missed the net wide left. The other one I remember was at the end of the game on a big rebound that came right to him and either he hit the post or the goalie's back pad cause the goalie had no chance but the puck never went in. I was at center ice so I couldn't quite see what happened. The other downside was I would have liked him to shoot some more. He has a great shot it seems, but it looked like he was always looking for the pass.

Now one thing that we have to keep in mind is that this is the first game of the preseason so hopefully he can only get better. I have a funny feeling I'll be in Alma a bunch of times so hoefully I'll be able to give some more caps of his games. I won't be there on the 25th against the Oceanic but I might be there on the 31st.

thanks for the report!

habsprospects 08-16-2006 11:43 PM

:huh: on Q' web site it says 3-1

Talent Analyst 08-16-2006 11:51 PM

Nice report man

Team_Spirit 08-16-2006 11:53 PM

Interesting , thanks for the report. Gotta have to go see some of Mikus this year.

Habitants 08-16-2006 11:56 PM

hey man good work on the write up! hopefully ill see you soon and we can shoot the ***** over a poker game;)

mikus osunds pretty good!
hopefully i will get a chance to see some of the prospects when they come to toronto!:handclap:

montreal 08-17-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsrock44 (Post 6303187)

Thanks for the report. From what I know if Mikus (which isn't much since I only saw him once) I've been told he's more of a passer then shooter, so I suspect he will rack up the assists this year. I noticed he's got great speed, hope to see a little more of himself since he's still sort of a mystery to me.

Did he line up at center or did they put him on the wing? I beleive he plays both anyways. The only thing I heard is that the Sags plan on him being on the 1st line.

Duff88 08-17-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 6303711)
Thanks for the report. From what I know if Mikus (which isn't much since I only saw him once) I've been told he's more of a passer then shooter, so I suspect he will rack up the assists this year. I noticed he's got great speed, hope to see a little more of himself since he's still sort of a mystery to me.

Did he line up at center or did they put him on the wing? I beleive he plays both anyways. The only thing I heard is that the Sags plan on him being on the 1st line.

No idea how good a source it is, but LHJMQ.qc.ca lists him as a center in the boxscore/recap.

habsrock44 08-17-2006 06:38 AM

Yeah sorry bout the score I forgot about the empty neter. He played the majority of the game as a RW not a center.

Whitesnake 08-17-2006 08:36 AM

Great report! I guess that, and not only based on that game, but on his career so far is that he has all the tools but a tougher time to finish. But there's still tons of time for time, we're kinda stacked at the forwards position so he has the time to develop..... But he do needs to bring his confidence level up as far as scoring is concerned.

As far as hands and speed is concerned, well he's just confirming what he's been demonstrating all week in the development camp.

So good job Mikus and good job habsrock44!!!! :yo: