HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   To anyone starts rumour concerning... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=281305)

Marc-E- 08-16-2006 12:19 PM

To anyone starts rumour concerning...
 
the habs, you should stop right away 'cos you never know what's surround around the front office of Bob Gainey. You never heard a rumour mill around his decision. So, we all know Dumont wants to come here but, logically umprobable. Secondly, the rumour around Malkin is a waste of time 'cos it starts from P.J. Stock who has a source somewhere in the league (probably his toe nail:shakehead ) and I don't think B.G. will tell anything to that source. So please, too much rumour are made by association and not base on logic.:dm: :nopity: So expect the unexpected and I would be mad at all if we start the season with the current roster.:dunno:

KaptainKourage* 08-16-2006 12:21 PM

Dans une station balnéaireeeeee

Munchausen 08-16-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298121)
:dm: :nopity:

I'm curious about the signification of this emoticon combo.

Gros Bill 08-16-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6298143)
I'm curious about the signification of this emoticon combo.

:dm: :nopity: Party at McPhee's place!

ti-vite 08-16-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6298143)
I'm curious about the signification of this emoticon combo.


Dagenais' new job

Cyrrus147 08-16-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298121)
the habs, you should stop right away 'cos you never know what's surround around the front office of Bob Gainey. You never heard a rumour mill around his decision. So, we all know Dumont wants to come here but, logically umprobable. Secondly, the rumour around Malkin is a waste of time 'cos it starts from P.J. Stock who has a source somewhere in the league (probably his toe nail:shakehead ) and I don't think B.G. will tell anything to that source. So please, too much rumour are made by association and not base on logic.:dm: :nopity: So expect the unexpected and I would be mad at all if we start the season with the current roster.:dunno:

Bob Gainey will trade Radek and a 2nd round pick for Sidney Crosby?

znk 08-16-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298121)
the habs, you should stop right away 'cos you never know what's surround around the front office of Bob Gainey. You never heard a rumour mill around his decision. So, we all know Dumont wants to come here but, logically umprobable. Secondly, the rumour around Malkin is a waste of time 'cos it starts from P.J. Stock who has a source somewhere in the league (probably his toe nail:shakehead ) and I don't think B.G. will tell anything to that source. So please, too much rumour are made by association and not base on logic.:dm: :nopity: So expect the unexpected and I would be mad at all if we start the season with the current roster.:dunno:

That rumour was crazy from the start but your reasoning is not 100% accurate. You need to realize that if the Habs were talking such a significant deal the Habs would be involved, Pittsburgh would be involved and so would a couple of player agents. So no matter how tight lipped montreal is....there are always other parties involved that might not be as thight lipped. So that would not be a reason to discredit the rumour. In that case logic is a good enough reason to discredit it.

Marc-E- 08-16-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6298143)
I'm curious about the signification of this emoticon combo.


It's a metaphor. The signification of the monkey who dances on a melody that we heard to often; means like the habs fan has we are should stop dreaming and starting to be realist, but it's ok to dream on, but I'm fade-up to see all those kind of rumour who hasn't any sense:D

Gros Bill 08-16-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298203)
It's a metaphor. The signification of the monkey who dances on a melody that we heard to often; means like the habs fan has we are should stop dreaming and starting to be realist, but it's ok to dream on, but I'm fade-up to see all those kind of rumour who hasn't any sense:D

In that case, you should have had more dancing bananas.:)

HabuseMoi 08-16-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-vite (Post 6298162)
Dagenais' new job

Monkey-Violonist?

Bronn 08-16-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298203)
It's a metaphor. The signification of the monkey who dances on a melody that we heard to often; means like the habs fan has we are should stop dreaming and starting to be realist, but it's ok to dream on, but I'm fade-up to see all those kind of rumour who hasn't any sense:D

To be honest , i never thought that it was that philosophical :biglaugh:

It does make sense when you think about it though :teach:

the_crippler12 08-16-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptainKourage (Post 6298132)
Dans une station balnéaireeeeee

nice song :)

Blind Gardien 08-16-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6298143)
I'm curious about the signification of this emoticon combo.

What, do you think monkeys just dance spontaneously? :dunno:


mon·key (mŭng'kē)
v., -keyed, -key·ing, -keys.

v.intr. Informal.
To play, fiddle, trifle, or tamper with something

Marc-E- 08-16-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Symbolic (Post 6298242)
To be honest , i never thought that it was that philosophical :biglaugh:

It does make sense when you think about it though :teach:

Actually you're right;) . But, you probably remember all the deception on these board at the start of July when Gainey wasn't able to sign anybody. Everybody was yelling like monkeys in a Safari Park:"Wake-up Bob..." until he signed Samsonov and trade Zednik for a third pick and got Johnson for a fourth, all in the same day. :dunce:

IcE ColD 08-16-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 6298155)
:dm: :nopity: Party at McPhee's place!

Party at mcphee's place would be more like

:groucho: :wally: :guyliftingheavyrockstoimpressgirls:

tritone 08-16-2006 01:39 PM

Poutine is good , we should sign him for 4 years to a 2.5 mill. contract

Pat 08-16-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone (Post 6298820)
Poutine is good , we should sign him for 4 years to a 2.5 mill. contract

I heard Poutine was out of shape

GoGionta 08-16-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-E- (Post 6298121)
Secondly, the rumour around Malkin is a waste of time

this topics sounds a lot more like a waste of time than anything else

Marc-E- 08-16-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guizz (Post 6299694)
this topics sounds a lot more like a waste of time than anything else

:eek: So you think it's a waste of time to talk about this rumour (Malkin) or my post?:pillow:

AD 08-16-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 6298218)
In that case, you should have had more dancing bananas.

Did you say dancing banana

:banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:

Marc-E- 08-16-2006 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=AymanD;6299932]Did you say dancing banana

:banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:



:nopity: :dm: :banana:

Here it comes...Come on...Dance...Let's get dance!!!!

Pascal 08-16-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-vite (Post 6298162)
Dagenais' new job

:dunce:

Freaky Habs Fan 08-16-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_crippler12 (Post 6298262)
nice song :)

nice song, or worst song ever??

KaptainKourage* 08-16-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 6300389)
nice song, or worst song ever??

nice song. :)

StanAjax 08-16-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 6298201)
You need to realize that if the Habs were talking such a significant deal the Habs would be involved, Pittsburgh would be involved and so would a couple of player agents. So no matter how tight lipped montreal is....there are always other parties involved that might not be as thight lipped.

Well, you can go further and imagine that Bob Gainey asks any party involved in trade/UFA signing talks that they shut their mouth if they don't want him to just hang the phone.

I can very well imagine this to be true to some extent...

Because you have to admit that there are some GMs who have the tendency to make less predictable moves than others. Who was saying the Habs were hard to figure already ? ;)
There might be a reason for this, don't you think ?

And, in the Dumont case, the day I read on big media websites Gainey showed interest but did not offer a contract yet was the day I was sure Dumont would never come here.

In the Malkin case, well, you're right. You don't need to think too much about it to call for crap...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.