HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PJ Stock, a poor radio host (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=281504)

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:09 PM

PJ Stock, a poor radio host
 
The whole trade rumor debacle involving Malkin and the habs was in large part due to Stock having nothing else to talk about in the sports world. So....due to his poor brain power and lack of intellect he felt the need to stir up a topic that will get montrealers to call in his radio show.

I'm betting he was thinking to himself 'hmmmmm....malkin has been in the news lately. Oh I know, i'll make up a trade rumor involving malkin and the habs. That'll fill in the couple of hours of my show...'

I hope my fellow montrealers are not buying into his stupidity. This guy is just as bad as Eklund IMO. I've listened to him only once and never again did i tune into his show.

Kirk Muller* 08-16-2006 10:10 PM

I've never heard him, but maybe it's true that someone called him while he was in his bath.

Artyukhin* 08-16-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303069)
The whole trade rumor debacle involving Malkin and the habs was in large part due to Stock having nothing else to talk about in the sports world. So....due to his poor brain power and lack of intellect he felt the need to stir up a topic that will get montrealers to call in his radio show.

I'm betting he was thinking to himself 'hmmmmm....malkin has been in the news lately. Oh I know, i'll make up a trade rumor involving malkin and the habs. That'll fill in the couple of hours of my show...'

I hope my fellow montrealers are not buying into his stupidity. This guy is just as bad as Eklund IMO. I've listened to him only once and never again did i tune into his show.



you realise it wasnt pj stock who started it?it wasnt even ecklund who started it . it was someone who has a shread of credibility

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2621


it was started by a guy who works at tsn and 640 radio who called the pronger to the ducks trade ...he claims it came from nhl player who emailed him

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6303085)
you realise it wasnt pj stock who started it?it wasnt even ecklund who started it . it was someone who has a shread of credibility

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2621


it was started by a guy who works at tsn and 640 radio who called the pronger to the ducks trade ...

This rumor is a complete fabrication. I don't know how anybody could take this deal seriously. And for PJ to bring up this fabrication on his show makes it even more comical and frankly stupid at the same time.

Artyukhin* 08-16-2006 10:17 PM

Didn't P.J. Stock say this on Toronto radio?
- GraveyardMan







Kevin Gibson
Toronto Maple Leafs
Location: Whitby, ON
Joined: 09.15.2005


Posted: Today @ 2:56 PM ET




No he didn't report this in the Toronto area and I have never spoke to PJ Stock ever. I just got an e-mail from a player who said that's what he heard and he's not in Toronto.

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6303140)
Didn't P.J. Stock say this on Toronto radio?
- GraveyardMan







Kevin Gibson
Toronto Maple Leafs
Location: Whitby, ON
Joined: 09.15.2005


Posted: Today @ 2:56 PM ET




No he didn't report this in the Toronto area and I have never spoke to PJ Stock ever. I just got an e-mail from a player who said that's what he heard and he's not in Toronto
.

Yup that's credible. Malkin is a good as gone from pittsburgh. :sarcasm:

znk 08-16-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6303085)
you realise it wasnt pj stock who started it?it wasnt even ecklund who started it . it was someone who has a shread of credibility

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2621


it was started by a guy who works at tsn and 640 radio who called the pronger to the ducks trade ...he claims it came from a FORMER montreal player who emailed him

Actualy Stock said he got a call last night.


But I disagree with the original poster. I rarely agree with PJ but his show is still entertaining. It's hard to not talk about hockey in montreal and still have an audience. Your speculating and judging his character on that speculation. That is never good.

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 6303159)
Actualy Stock said he got a call last night.


But I disagree with the original poster. I rarely agree with PJ but his show is still entertaining. It's hard to not talk about hockey in montreal and still have an audience. Your speculating and judging his character on that speculation. That is never good.

Wow! I heard his show once and then tuned out for good. IMO, PJ is a blithering and stuttering idiot.

znk 08-16-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303158)
Yup that's credible. Malkin is a good as gone from pittsburgh. :sarcasm:

Can you answer serioulsy. Inform your self on who that guy is. This rumour has no validity in my book. But is it so hard to give reasons and explore all the possibilities ?

znk 08-16-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303175)
Wow! I heard his show once and then tuned out for good. IMO, PJ is a blithering and stuttering idiot.

I like his gests and the team has alot of fun...that,s good enough for me. I'd rather listen to this then what ever non sport options there are.

Cyrrus147 08-16-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303069)
The whole trade rumor debacle involving Malkin and the habs was in large part due to Stock having nothing else to talk about in the sports world. So....due to his poor brain power and lack of intellect he felt the need to stir up a topic that will get montrealers to call in his radio show.

I'm betting he was thinking to himself 'hmmmmm....malkin has been in the news lately. Oh I know, i'll make up a trade rumor involving malkin and the habs. That'll fill in the couple of hours of my show...'

I hope my fellow montrealers are not buying into his stupidity. This guy is just as bad as Eklund IMO. I've listened to him only once and never again did i tune into his show.

oh please we have enough threads on this stupid rumor

:deadhorse

Artyukhin* 08-16-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303123)
This rumor is a complete fabrication. I don't know how anybody could take this deal seriously. And for PJ to bring up this fabrication on his show makes it even more comical and frankly stupid at the same time.

you might be right but you might be wrong to .

i think you 'll find out that the pens are in for a big can of whoop ***

they can say he came over on his own etc with none of there Persuading BUT it sure looks that way .. :)

this maklin case isnt cut and dry . another team might have to deal with the russian (money men)

will soon see i guess ... crazier things have happened





http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=174392&hubname=


The NHL says there is nothing standing in the way of the Penguins signing the budding young star to an entry level contract once his notification period has expired.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
However, stepping on to the ice in Pittsburgh may not be that simple.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The threat of litigation is very real. Magnitogorsk, one of the Russian Leagues most rebellious clubs, recognizes Malkin is its leverage in an ongoing battle with the NHL to beef up a transfer agreement the Russians refuse to sign. No doubt Magnitogorsk management will seek a court an injunction to block a seamless jump and the NHL admits this may impede his debut, at least temporarily.

goalchenyuk 08-16-2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303069)
The whole trade rumor debacle involving Malkin and the habs was in large part due to Stock having nothing else to talk about in the sports world. So....due to his poor brain power and lack of intellect he felt the need to stir up a topic that will get montrealers to call in his radio show.

having nothing else to talk about and due to your poor brain power and lack of intellect , you felt the need to stir up a new thread about that subject ...:dunce:

znk 08-16-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 6303220)
having nothing else to talk about and due to your poor brain power and lack of intellect , you felt the need to stir up a new thread about that subject ...:dunce:

Hehe....yeah....that acutlay sounds alot like hf boards durring the summer.:)

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 6303220)
having nothing else to talk about and due to your poor brain power and lack of intellect , you felt the need to stir up a new thread about that subject ...:dunce:

I'm just informing people that PJ stock has no credibility whatsoever.
The guy does have eklund as a regular guest (according to what some have said on these boards). With Bell buying out CHUM media, I predict PJ won't be on the Team990 roster for much longer. If that is the case then...Good Riddance Stock.

Pat 08-16-2006 10:32 PM

I don't think this thread will survive long...so as some say

in before the close ;)

Habs13 08-16-2006 10:37 PM

PJ Stock is a poor eveything

Artyukhin* 08-16-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303253)
I'm just informing people that PJ stock has no credibility whatsoever.
The guy does have eklund as a regular guest (according to what some have said on these boards). With Bell buying out CHUM media, I predict PJ won't be on the Team990 roster for much longer. If that is the case then...Good Riddance Stock.


pj isnt a "professional " radio host nor does he profess to be .he trying a new job something that he geting used to since his eye injury forced him to retire .you have to continue to try to out bread on your table some how .you think he is so poor could you do a better job? if you think you can contact team990 im sure you can get a try out . lets hear you ramble on for 3 hours if you think it so easy


he admits he is learning on the job. so regardless of your opinion of his radio abilities or his creditibility when's the last time you talked directly face to face with saku koivu? when's the last time you talk face to face with samsanov? atleast pj stock can pick up his phone and PERSONALLY call his FRIENDS Saku and SAMSNOV


now how much more credibility pj stock has compared to anyone else i dunno but ill tell ya this much he has to have more than you

unless you are conected to some nhl players or working for some organization

The_Eck 08-16-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6303317)
pj isnt s a "professional " radio host nor does he profess to be .he trying a new job something that he geting used to since his eye injury forced him to retire .you have to continue to try to out bread on your table some how .


he admits he is learning on the job. so regardless of your opinion of his radio abilities or his creditibility when the last time you talked directly face to face with saku koivu? when's the last time you talk face to face with samsanov? atleast pj stock can pick up his phone and PERSONALLY call his FRIENDS Saku and SAMSNOV


now how much more credibility pj stock has compared to anyone else i dunno but ill tell ya this much he has to have more than you


unless you are conected to some nhl players or working for some
organization

Uh??? :biglaugh:
Uh?? :biglaugh:
FYI, i am not a radio host. But since PJ stock is, he should provide more insightful commentary than some ridiculous trade rumor.

Artyukhin* 08-16-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Eck (Post 6303348)
Uh??? :biglaugh:
Uh?? :biglaugh:
FYI, i am not a radio host. But since PJ stock is, he should provide more insightful commentary than some ridiculous trade rumor.



let me be more clear . pj stock played in the nhl and has been around the leauge . he has alot of PERSONAL friends that continue to play in the leauge today .

nothing to do with him being a radio host..


all i am sayin is you seem to wanna call pj stock down
but as i ask you before do you currently have acess to saku's phone number ? i dont think you do . could you call samsanov up and get him to go out for a beeer with you? i doubt you could ...pj stock can sit down and talk to his friends for as long as he wants .


you on the other hand would be lucky to get 25 seconds of saku's time for a autograph ..



atleast stock has contacts in the nhl . you are just a anynmous poster claiming pj stock has no credibility .im not sayin he does or he doesnt but he would have to have more than you .


all im saying ...

Guy Caballero 08-16-2006 11:09 PM

Every time I've heard him, he's been funny and good natured. What more do you want from a sports talk-show host? I can forgive him for a poor display of judgement.

znk 08-16-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6303426)
...
all i am sayin is you seem to wanna call pj stock down
...

We got a few of those kind on the board. Seems all they are waiting for is an opportunity to jump on a personalities back every chance they get.

montreal 08-16-2006 11:42 PM

There's already a thread on this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.