HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs/Flyers pre game fight 1987 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=281613)

Hackett 08-17-2006 12:19 PM

Habs/Flyers pre game fight 1987

It seems as though Corson and Lemieux went into the flyers end and scored a goal during warm up. 2 flyer guys come storming out to get a peice of them.

And I believe Nilan was the first habs to come out of the room to survey the scene, :biglaugh: go figure!

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StOAkVgAXQ4

Habsfan18 08-17-2006 12:23 PM

:biglaugh: that's awesome.

Whoever that was, I think it was Lemieux, he was getting his *** kicked though. lol

boundless 08-17-2006 12:23 PM

good find!

Netro 08-17-2006 12:26 PM

I went to that game...but showed up after the brawl.

I think the Habs got eliminated that night.

Hackett 08-17-2006 12:34 PM

If I'm not mistaken, that's the series where chelios took out propp who was one of the flyers best players.... and the same series where hextall ran out like a madman with an axe for a hockey stick going after chelios.

There was alot of other pre game stuff that happened in that series. I wish I was old enough to remember it all.

Just an absolutely intense series. But I believe the habs and flyers have never met since in the post season (correct me if I'm wrong) or else this rivalry could have really exploded!

Pat 08-17-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 6306255)
If I'm not mistaken, that's the series where chelios took out propp who was one of the flyers best players.... and the same series where hextall ran out like a madman with an axe for a hockey stick going after chelios.

There was alot of other pre game stuff that happened in that series. I wish I was old enough to remember it all.

Just an absolutely intense series. But I believe the habs and flyers have never met since in the post season (correct me if I'm wrong) or else this rivalry could have really exploded!

I remember the Chelios hit on Propp like it happened yesterday. I just can't remember if it was in that series? :dunno:

Hackett 08-17-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat (Post 6306306)
I remember the Chelios hit on Propp like it happened yesterday. I just can't remember if it was in that series? :dunno:

maybe not, I was just too young at that time to remember properly. If you really think about it, we had alot of ****starters on that roster.

Netro 08-17-2006 12:45 PM

The Chelios hit on Propp was in the 1989 Play-offs. That same year, Hextall ran Chelly in the corner as time was running out for the Flyers in both game 6 and the series. The Habs elimanted Philly that night.

One of favorite scenes from that game is Bobby Smith skating of the ice (doors behind a net) and holding up his index finger to salute the crowd with "we're #1"

That was a great series.

Hackett 08-17-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro (Post 6306361)
The Chelios hit on Propp was in the 1989 Play-offs. That same year, Hextall ran Chelly in the corner as time was running out for the Flyers in both game 6 and the series. The Habs elimanted Philly that night.

One of favorite scenes from that game is Bobby Smith skating of the ice (doors behind a net) and holding up his index finger to salute the crowd with "we're #1"

That was a great series.

thanks for clearing that up!

Clumsyhab 08-17-2006 01:13 PM

I just love the way Corson celebrates after scoring an empty net goal lol.

walsy37 08-17-2006 01:23 PM

did anybody see the link to the habs-nordiques fight that is right after the flyers-habs? I think it was 1984 - never seen anything quite like that!

as side thing - anyone notice that there are no advertisements on the board? When did that practice start?

BLNY 08-17-2006 01:30 PM

Montreal was doing that as a pregame thing all playoffs if I remember. Philly got pissed and tried to put a stop to it. Territorial pi$$ing contest. Montreal was doing it as a superstion thing, and Philly said, "not in our net you don't". That video cuts out before it gets really bad.

ti-vite 08-17-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro (Post 6306361)

That was a great series.

I rememberr that game like it was yesterday. Smith walking off like that was gold. Hextall was insane, I though he was going to kill Chelios lol.

Ford Prefect 08-17-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walsy37 (Post 6306711)
did anybody see the link to the habs-nordiques fight that is right after the flyers-habs? I think it was 1984 - never seen anything quite like that!

as side thing - anyone notice that there are no advertisements on the board? When did that practice start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdQrQtqQqAA&NR

Little blurry, but it looks like we got slapped around.

CRAZY_FAN 08-17-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Prefect (Post 6307195)

C'est le vendredi saint. Boy I miss this rivalry !

HabuseMoi 08-17-2006 03:28 PM

We should get more **** starter on our roster.

AHF 08-17-2006 03:56 PM

Some of the Chelios/Hextall stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-ZgMz3FIU

Kjell Samuelsson I think it is...the tall guy that jumps in...what a dirty son of a...

Carbo N8 08-17-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walsy37 (Post 6306711)

That was the brawl where Jean Hamel lost his eye sight in one eye when Louis Sleigher suckered him. Mario Tremblay tried to break them apart when the brawl was just settling down, Hamel looked away & Sleigher let him have it. That ended Hamel's career & the brawl started up again.

Pretty nasty stuff, but, those Habs teams could handle that type of rough stuff.

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS 08-17-2006 04:10 PM

I too was at that game......The Forum still had standing room and we all got there long before the game started. As someone stated, Habs Lemieux was always staying out a little longer than the rest of the players, and putting the puck into the oppostions net after they left the ice. If I remember correctly, the Flyers turned their net around, so Lemieux couldn't shoot the puck into it, then Lemieux skated down the ice, and tucked the puck into the open side, then I beleive it was Tocchet and a shirtless Brown came out of the runway (ramp?) and all Hell broke loose. Lemieux got his @%# kicked by Tocchet, and Brown & Corson had a beauty, with Corson having nothing to grab onto.......................Good Times....

Yes, we got eliminated.

Carbo N8 08-17-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABIMUS-MAXIMUS (Post 6308211)
I too was at that game......The Forum still had standing room and we all got there long before the game started. As someone stated, Habs Lemieux was always staying out a little longer than the rest of the players, and putting the puck into the oppostions net after they left the ice. If I remember correctly, the Flyers turned their net around, so Lemieux couldn't shoot the puck into it, then Lemieux skated down the ice, and tucked the puck into the open side, then I beleive it was Tocchet and a shirtless Brown came out of the runway (ramp?) and all Hell broke loose. Lemieux got his @%# kicked by Tocchet, and Brown & Corson had a beauty, with Corson having nothing to grab onto.......................Good Times....

Yes, we got eliminated.

Wasn't it Ed Hospodar who went after Lemeiux?

The n00b King * 08-17-2006 05:27 PM

towards the end of the video you see a Flyers player to the left of the screen, he's a gargantuan! who's that guy???

CRAZY_FAN 08-18-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The n00b King (Post 6308882)
towards the end of the video you see a Flyers player to the left of the screen, he's a gargantuan! who's that guy???

Kjell Samuelsson

KaptainKourage* 08-18-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Prefect (Post 6307195)

why the guy who announce penalty is speaking english ? :dunno: