HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumour: Komisarek and Bonk to the Isles? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=281849)

Habsfan18 08-18-2006 12:43 AM

Rumour: Komisarek and Bonk to the Isles?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...29#post6312029

anyone think this is legit?

I don't want Komi gone :cry:
edit: yes i'm aware of the rumor talks, but this seems to say it's official.

Habsfan18 08-18-2006 12:52 AM

no replies yet? lol

pavlako11 08-18-2006 12:52 AM

Who are those Isles players?
:help:

Habsfan18 08-18-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavlako11 (Post 6312069)
Who are those Isles players?
:help:

Martinek is a decent 3rd pairing guy.

Colliton is a 3rd line prospect.

Bergenheim has good potential but is playing in Russia this year.

Please don't be true, I don't want Komi gone :cry:

Ducksforcup 08-18-2006 12:53 AM

I think it is a good trade for Montreal. Cote can essentially replace Komi and Dumont>Bonk (If they acquire Dumont afterwards). I do somewhat like Bonk, but the man is overpaid.

I have heard only good things about Bergenheim as well. :)

Clumsyhab 08-18-2006 12:53 AM

:banghead: if it happens. I dunno any of those Isles.

F. Duchemin 08-18-2006 12:53 AM

everybody is saying this wildcat48 is pretty accurate and legit.

well.. bergeinhem seem a good prospect too. but he is signed in russia they say.

I dont really want to see komisarek gone... but maybe management think he stalled in his developpement or can be replaced by cote.

well, IMO, the offensive side of komisarek never show up and this is a disapointment.

Tricolore#20 08-18-2006 12:59 AM

It is interesting, considering the source and the Dumont tidbit. Losing Komisarek would be a blow, considering that he still hasn't reached his full potential yet, but has shown glimpses of it. However, if this deal sets us up potentially for more moves, it could be something I could live with.

I'm going to bed now. First thing I'll do in the morning is look up TSN. If its not there, I'm not sure how far we can believe anything.

Aarex 08-18-2006 01:00 AM

if we trade komisarek for that without setting up future trades...i'm going to be one un happy habs fan

Clumsyhab 08-18-2006 01:00 AM

If this trade happens and Coté replaces Komi at D + we have cap room for Dumont, I don't think that would be that bad although I really like Komisarek.

BigTimer* 08-18-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6312100)
If this trade happens and Coté replaces Komi at D + we have cap room for Dumont, I don't think that would be that bad although I really like Komisarek.

Definately not a worthwhile tradeoff. If Komi isn't moved for some big trade... I'll be quite upset.

NewHabsEra* 08-18-2006 01:04 AM

Im not even worried.. Gainey will never trade Komisarek.

Tricolore#20 08-18-2006 01:04 AM

There is a 4 page thread on this on the Isles forum. It is hardly breaking news.

NewHabsEra* 08-18-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 (Post 6312091)
It is interesting, considering the source and the Dumont tidbit. Losing Komisarek would be a blow, considering that he still hasn't reached his full potential yet, but has shown glimpses of it. However, if this deal sets us up potentially for more moves, it could be something I could live with.

I'm going to bed now. First thing I'll do in the morning is look up TSN. If its not there, I'm not sure how far we can believe anything.

You can sleep peacefully.. You wont see anything on Tsn regarding Komi being moved.

Ross MacLochness 08-18-2006 01:07 AM

Rumour sounds pretty bunk to me.

Clumsyhab 08-18-2006 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slapshot, biatch (Post 6312112)
Definately not a worthwhile tradeoff. If Komi isn't moved for some big trade... I'll be quite upset.

Yes I know, as I said, I really like Komi too, but so far, I think that he has been a disappointment for a 7th overall pick. However, I would still be very surprised if this trade happens, because I remember when Gainey signed as our GM, he said that our best prospect was Komisarek.

frederixx 08-18-2006 01:08 AM

it makes sens, Sean Bergenheim is another not so big center... he's a good prospect tho and he's only 20 or 21...

from HF: Talent Analysis

Bergenheim is fast and quite a strong player altough he isn't very big. He has good puckhandling skill. He is of a speedster than playmaker.

as for Jeremy Colliton, here's what it says :
Selected by the NY Islanders in Round 2 (#58 overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

LAST SEASON:
Finished as Prince Albert's third leading scoring with 41 points, despite playing in only 41 games...Injured his knee at the 2005 World Junior Championships.

as for Martinek, he's an average 30y old D.

cjbhab* 08-18-2006 01:09 AM

Guys, WOW!

Stop and think a moment. If everything this guy says is true, just Imagine:

Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Dumont, Malkin, Ryder, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Begin .. The forward ranks are stacked.

All that equals WOW!

Habsfan18 08-18-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 6312135)
Guys, WOW!

Koivu, Kovalev, Samsonov, Dumont, Malkin, Ryder, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Begin .. The forward ranks are stacked.

All that equals WOW!

I guarantee that Malkin will not be traded to the Habs.

madbox 08-18-2006 01:15 AM

Not Komi! :cry:

Damnit I hate rumours... this one better fall flat.

Clumsyhab 08-18-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

Guys, WOW!

All that equals WOW!

With that line-up, I would be very dissapointed if we don't win the cup lol.

Habsfan2992 08-18-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Guys, WOW!

All that equals WOW!

ummm wasn't Ryder and
perez supposed to included in this fabricated rumour for Malkin? if so sorry to bust up your dream line up

BigTimer* 08-18-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6312131)
Yes I know, as I said, I really like Komi too, but so far, I think that he has been a disappointment for a 7th overall pick. However, I would still be very surprised if this trade happens, because I remember when Gainey signed as our GM, he said that our best prospect was Komisarek.

He only started playing hockey as a teen and the staff knew that they were getting a guy who wouldn't contribute much until 23 or so... about 5 years after the draft. Well he had a horrendous first half of the season because of personal issues and the way Julien handled him so much of his year was spoiled before he even had a chance. When Gainey took over as head coach, he put him with Markov and started consistently giving him 17+ minutes a game ... a far cry from the 5-15 he was getting early on in the season (and that's if he was even dressed or not benched for a whole game). Gainey certainly wasn't doing it to raise Komi's trade value because with a October-February stretch like he had, almost nothing he could of done would of convinced many GM's. And the return is a pittance. Cool, a pair of 3rd line prospects... like we don't have a have dozen of those already.

Opium360 08-18-2006 01:28 AM

NYI Gets:
Mike Komarisek
Radek Bonk

MTL Gets:
Radek Martinek
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Hurray! get rid of Bonk it's disappointing to lose a player like Komarisek but this trade sounds like it could really happen.

cjbhab* 08-18-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NhlGuy (Post 6312178)
ummm wasn't Ryder and
perez supposed to included in this fabricated rumour for Malkin? if so sorry to bust up your dream line up

Oh... ya .. I don't think Perez was, but ryder was?

meh, doesn't matter, still stacked. ..