HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Arenas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28186)

gopreds98 11-14-2003 11:34 AM

Arenas

There's a thread on the general NHL board asking about your favorite and least favorite NHL arenas. That got me wondering, which arenas (if any) have Nashville fans visited? It took me a few minutes to come up with my list, and I was a little surprised at how many arenas I've been to and seen a game.

Here's my list:

Nashville, St. Louis, Columbus, Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Washington, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York (Rangers), Toronto, Ottawa, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Anaheim.

Joe T Choker 11-14-2003 11:39 AM

I believe the only other Hockey venue I've been to was the old Chicago Stadium...but it wasn't for a Hockey game...man what an atmosphere...Jordan in his prime...it truly was the loudest arena in the league

gopreds98 11-14-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I believe the only other Hockey venue I've been to was the old Chicago Stadium...but it wasn't for a Hockey game...man what an atmosphere...Jordan in his prime...it truly was the loudest arena in the league

I went to Chicago Stadium when I was a kid.....man, that place was amazing. The United Center just can't compare.

PredsMan 11-14-2003 06:18 PM

I've been to Pittsburgh, St.Louis, Atlanta, Chicago, and Columbus

PredsFan77* 11-14-2003 07:00 PM

Atlanta, Carolina, Los Angeles, NY Rangers, Toronto, Colorado, Washington, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, and Boston.

Preds 11-14-2003 07:20 PM

Montreal (25), Ottawa (6), Columbus (1), Nashville (1)

pred33fan 11-15-2003 04:15 AM

Ottawa, Dallas, Columbus, and Atlanta

SmokeyClause 11-15-2003 05:07 AM

Dallas, Florida, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Columbus, Nashville, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New York (both), Los Angeles and Colorado.

Radulov for Czar* 11-15-2003 01:56 PM

heh.. I've been to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Nashville (but many many minor league and junior arenas)

gopreds98 11-15-2003 08:33 PM

I knew we had real hockey fans on this board.

barrytrotzsneck 11-15-2003 08:54 PM

am i the only one that can brag they've been to historic Maple Leaf Gardens?

gopreds98 11-15-2003 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
am i the only one that can brag they've been to historic Maple Leaf Gardens?

Sadly, I never got to make it to a game at the Gardens. About the best thing I can say for the Air Canada Center is that they have a brewpub built into the main concourse.

Basher 11-15-2003 09:15 PM

I've been to hockey's heaven. You may or may not have heard of it, Centennial Sportsplex. Not only have I been there, I've played there. Definitely my lifes greatest accomplishment thus far.

Nash
St. Louis
Soon to be Atlanta

triggrman 11-16-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
I've been to hockey's heaven. You may or may not have heard of it, Centennial Sportsplex. Not only have I been there, I've played there. Definitely my lifes greatest accomplishment thus far.

Nash
St. Louis
Soon to be Atlanta

You've not played hockey until you've played at the old municpal auditorium, small slushey rink or even worse the old ice centenial, coils warped so bad they were coming out of the floor. You know what I hate about the sportsplex though, is the bleacher wall, where they've concreted in the dashers on the side with the bleachers keeping the boards from giving at all, so when you're hit on that wall, it's like being checked into concrete.

PredsFan77* 11-16-2003 09:54 AM

No, the worst part about municpal auditorium are the 6:00 AM game right after an event that required the ice to be removed or covered..You'd get out on the ice and the fog would be so bad, that you couldn't see from one end of the ice to the other...

Basher 11-16-2003 10:00 AM

ahh...the rolling fog, i got plenty of that at alpine ice in louisville...and for someone who had just started playin', fog isn't the greatest motivation to skate faster.

sparkle twin 11-17-2003 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
heh.. I've been to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Nashville (but many many minor league and junior arenas)

Close to mine. I have been to Nashville, obviously, and Pittsburgh numerous times. But many, many minor league arenas...thanks to the Knights and some good ole road trips.

Radulov for Czar* 11-18-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303
Close to mine. I have been to Nashville, obviously, and Pittsburgh numerous times. But many, many minor league arenas...thanks to the Knights and some good ole road trips.

Agreed. My dad was the equipment manager the last 2 years of the Knights, and I worked for the Nighthakws their one season here. Did some work as the Shoney Bear for them as well during games. Funny story, the Nighthawks mascot quit because I was upstaging him. :joker: