HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just an idea, do you want to coment ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=282044)

Nanne 08-18-2006 06:33 PM

Just an idea, do you want to coment ?

I would like to know if its posible that Kovalev can play center.

First, we need a big and fast center. At 6'2'' and 230 lbs, we can say that he's big... And he's fast.
Second, I can think that after 14 seasons, i should have playmaking skills.
Third, on the pp, all players manage to pass him the puck. The Rangers put him at defense to quaterback the pp. So i think he can play center too.

If we put Kovy at center, we can deal Ribeiro. That free up space for :

- Dumont (We have to deal for Bonk too for freeing enough salary).
or
- A rookie (Latendresse or Kosty)

Imagine

Higgins-Koivu-Dumont/Latendresse/Kosty (A little bit of competition always help)
Samsonov-Kovalez-Ryder (two scorer for Kovalev)
Perez-Bonk/Pleks-Johnson
Murray-Pleks/Chipchura-Begin

What do you think ?

phil 08-18-2006 06:38 PM

does he have any face-off skills?

francklem 08-18-2006 06:41 PM

He did play for some time at center in the past but he is better at wing but i would try him at center .

Kimota 08-18-2006 06:42 PM

Yea I thought about it too. Kovy likes to have the puck, loves to control it and he has a great vision, I think it would be a good option. Also being a top centerman on a team gives you extended responsabilities too, just in term of importance and what it means in the overall scheme of things. It could make Kovy takes a stronger leadership role. God know Kovalev has a lot of pride and that could push him even more into becoming a more well-rounded player.

KaptainKourage* 08-18-2006 06:44 PM

We discuss of this option many time before.. I think if Kovalev is better as C, any coach were he where before * In the NHL * would have see that and put him center... or maybe he just DONT want to be a centre, and we wont put him C if he dont want becuz u know when kovalev is mad he can go into BIG slump

Habsy 08-18-2006 06:49 PM

Kovalev as a center was a failure in the past. He is deficient defensively (not like Ribeiro isn't). Kovalev is a better winger than center.

Nanne 08-18-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil (Post 6317619)
does he have any face-off skills?

I really don't know for face-off skills. But we can speculate that he have. I think that to have face-off skills, you should have a lot of coordination eye-hand and it what i think that Kovalez have.

As for puck control, we can add that he could be certainly in top five in nhl for keeping the puck on his stick like glue. When a player try to rob the puck, he can trow him away with his arm... He's very strong. So, in this case, Samsonov or Ryder only have to be at the right place (I know that it's not this simple, but...)

The only concern for me is his defensives responsabilities. But i think that it could be try...

Galchenyuk x 27 08-18-2006 07:13 PM

Latendresse just comes in like that on the first line.. LOL!!!!

coolguy21415 08-19-2006 02:31 PM

In terms of faceoffs Kovalev was just below .500 last season (23-24), but you have to admit that all of those faceoffs were taken after another Hab was thrown out of the circle, and possibly also the other team's center as well.