HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   who do you think are the most underated players in the nhl (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=282517)

knowledge management 08-20-2006 08:52 PM

who do you think are the most underated players in the nhl

i would like to know who are the most underated player in your opinion in the nhl

here my 2 lines of underrated players

1st line
g: denis
d: hamhuis
d: P. Boucher
f: Rolston
f: A.Macdonald
f: Hemsky

2nd line

g: Auld
d: T preissing
d: B pothier
f: M. erat
f: S horcoff
f: K. calder

the_crippler12 08-20-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowledge management (Post 6329325)
i would like to know who are the most underated player in your opinion in the nhl

1st line

2nd line

hemsky?

RC51 08-20-2006 09:06 PM

If I just use the posters and thier responses to trade talk
then, Bonk, Ribs and in fact every Hab player is not worth a bag of pucks. The Habs must have the worst team in the history of organized sport. For any other team to take ANY Hab it would take an insane GM and should be fired on the spot.

does anyone else get this feeling?

knowledge management 08-20-2006 09:14 PM

i think hemsky has the potential to hit 90 points this year and i am sure not many people think the same... so that is why ...

+ i would add that the player i think is the most underrated is Dan Hamhuis

he is so good overall

waffledave 08-20-2006 09:16 PM

The most underrated Hab (by Habs fans) is Ryder. Around the league they know how good he is and will be.

KaptainKourage* 08-20-2006 09:18 PM

Jason Ward is one of them =P
David Aebischer... Alex Tanguay maybe. Lombardi, Smid, Penner, Kapanen (one with Atlanta)...

madvie 08-20-2006 09:29 PM

Andrej Mezsaros..you barely hear a thing about him.

frederixx 08-20-2006 09:29 PM

rolston

Talent Analyst 08-20-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frederixx (Post 6329510)
rolston

Agree

F. Duchemin 08-20-2006 10:12 PM

stillman and prospal are good contributor on their team. I think they get the salary but not enough reconition.

goalchenyuk 08-20-2006 10:21 PM

Ribeiro ? :dunce:

out of our players , i would say that Big Jo Thorton is the most underated player by the Habs fans

Slick Nick 08-20-2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6329453)
The most underrated Hab (by Habs fans) is Ryder. Around the league they know how good he is and will be.

But they don't know how horrible he is in anything else than scoring goals. :sarcasm:

habsfan44 08-20-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 6329397)
then, Bonk, Ribs and in fact every Hab player is not worth a bag of pucks. The Habs must have the worst team in the history of organized sport. For any other team to take ANY Hab it would take an insane GM and should be fired on the spot.

yep , and ryder should be at the top of that list .

hockey_god9 08-20-2006 10:42 PM

stillman and prospal are good contributor on their team. I think they get the salary but not enough reconition.

I agree stillman is underated. He only recieved a bit of praise in last years playoffs.

Another guy who I find is underated and that I wish to add to the list is Robyn Reghr, since phaneuf came he has sort have become his shadow .I still feel that he deserve the reconition he used to get.

TheHoser 08-20-2006 10:49 PM

Boucher is definatly the most underrated.

CourtnallRocks 08-21-2006 12:03 AM

g legace (amazing season, only gets offer from stl?)
d teppo numminen (still underated after 22 million years)
d boucher
f matt cullen (first season where he had good linemates and minutes)
f vyborny
f cammaleri

DicAnns 08-21-2006 06:04 AM

a few others...

F: nagy, connolly, nylander
D: schneider, boucher, timonen, hannan

oberan1 08-21-2006 06:34 AM

Rod Brind'Amour

habsfan44 08-22-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

1st line

2nd line

on this board , aebischer , markov , souray , higgins , ryder , perezhogin .

habsfan44 08-22-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 6329397)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan K 08-22-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

1st line

2nd line

I don't think Hemsky is at all underrated, and McDonald isn't any more either. The other choices all seem good.

I'll agree with some other posters. Stillman, Prospal, Vyborny, and even Connolly are all pretty underrated.

I think guys that get a lot of slack for having been overpaid or slothfull or whatever like Doug Weight, Keith Tkachuk, and Alexi Yashin often get underrated these days. These are still top notch offensive players.

Hamhuis and Rolston are bang on choices. Nashville's defensemen are all pretty underrated in fact. Hamhuis, Timmonen, even Zidlicky doesn't get the credit he deserves as a top d-man.

Alex Kovalev gets underrated from time to time. If he could stay motivated and consistent for a whole year, he would post impressive numbers. He is one of the best - if not the best - pure talents in the game.

Sergei Zubov was underrated, but he's starting to get the credit he deserves. Truly a top-5 d-man in the league. Similarly, I think Joni Pitkanen isn't getting all the attention he warrants due to some untimely injuries.

Finally for the players I can think of ATM, Sergei Gonchar is very underrated right now. He had a poor season, but if he re-finds his touch, he's one of the premiere offensive blueliners in the game.

VAN-HAB 08-22-2006 10:46 AM

Ohlund

Walzy 08-22-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptainKourage (Post 6329459)
Kapanen (one with Atlanta)...

ugh...why ?
i'd say he's overrated..

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6329453)

i still won't trade Morrow for him :p:

CH Wizard 08-22-2006 10:59 AM

Preissing, Calder.

Nobak 08-22-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan44 (Post 6338902)
on this board , aebischer , markov , souray , higgins , ryder , perezhogin .

We underrate Higgins? And Markov?