HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Here we are (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28388)

Hab-a-maniac 11-15-2003 09:46 AM

Here we are

Now after last night's games, we sit tied with the Hawks a team full of rookies shoved into action, with the lowest Goals per game total of 1.88! That is absolutely paltry. And our team is full of veterans. Now, I don't advocate throwing all your rookies in there when they're not ready, but benching them in favour of putting Juneau on the 1st line is a move more idiotic than anything Vigneault or Therrien did. I don't think firing Julien is the answer, but maybe knocking some sense into his brain is. He still has not experimented with Ryder on Koivu's line. We were all saying how great it was going to be when Saku got back cause then he could get Ryder, Hossa or Zednik into scoring ways. Well, we haven't gotten a chance to see with two of those players.

If he's benching Hainsey that's another ultimate stupid move. Regardless or not if we have many of the same losers around come close to the end of the season (Perreault, Audette, hell we can't have Breezy here forever, Rivet, Sundstrom) then we still have to get in some experience for Higgins, Plekanec, Balej and Komisarek in my opinion. To a lesser extent, Zednik and Markov have been drastically underperforming. Juneau, Dackell and Kilger still s#ck but not enough to ditch them altogether. Typically, all the guys with top-notch seasons in 2001-02 (Rivet, Dackell, Juneau, Petrov, Dykhuis, Breezer had a god +/- too) fell off the radar the next year and now all those who had big seasons last year (Bulis, Zednik, Markov) have done the same.

More than half the team seems to be in a career slump! Like people say around this board, why can't we switch Hab games with Bulldog games this year? Gosh, they scored as many goals in one game as the Habs have scored in three! How is it that a team full of AHL'ers performed just as well in 1998-99 and 1999-2000 as we are right now? Internal leadership. I truly see it from Saku but nobody is responding. No one listens, they're all guilty for not reacting to his energy. He might as well get up and say "Hey, do I have to get cancer again to make you guys play to your abilities?!"

habsfansam 11-15-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Like people say around this board, why can't we switch Hab games with Bulldog games this year? Gosh, they scored as many goals in one game as the Habs have scored in three!

Cause we'd REALLY SUCK.

Hab-a-maniac 11-15-2003 09:51 AM

No, I mean instead of having Hab games televised all the time, we should just have RDS and Radio-Canada show Hamilton games. Just saying, "Ah, we'll keep you updated if the Canadiens actually score or win or something. In the mean time, watch an exciting team of guys who hopefully will kick this moribund franchise back into gear." I didn't mean it like put all the Bulldogs on the big team right now.