HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Projected ranking of 2 magazines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=283996)

loveblood20 08-26-2006 05:24 PM

Projected ranking of 2 magazines

I just bought 2 magazines about hockey and both had very interesting projected ranking.

This one is from the hockey news magazine, in english with koivu ion the front

eastern conference western conference
1 Carolina Anaheim
2 Ottawa Nashville
3 NYR Calgary
4 N J San Jose
5 Buffalo Dallas
6 Philadelphie Detroit
7 Montreal Minnesota
8 Atlanta Columbus
----------------------------------------------------
9 Tampa Bay Pheonix
10 Toronto L.A.
11 FLoride Vancouver
12 Boston Edmonton
13 Pittsburg Colorado
14 NYI Chicago
15 Washington St-Louis

This one from Hockey the magasine with Crosby on the front

eastern conference western conference
1 N J Detroit
2 Carolina Dallas
3 Buffalo Anaheim
4 Ottawa San Jose
5 Montreal Nashville
6 NYR Avalanche
7 Atlanta Columbus
8 FLoride Calgary
----------------------------------------------------
9 Tampa Bay Edmonton
10 Philadelphie Vancouver
11 Toronto Minnesota
12 Boston Pheonix
13 NYI L.A.
14 Washington CHicago
15 Pittsburg St-Louis

SO, which is your favorite? and what do you think of each?

Freaky Habs Fan 08-26-2006 06:30 PM

The first one is like last year, or almost...I don't see Carolina as a great team this year. They will be fine, but not great...

The second one isn't that good...NJ 1st is questionable and Philadelphia out of the playoffs and Florida in isn't really realistic...

Next Best Thing* 08-26-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 6367080)
The first one is like last year, or almost...I don't see Carolina as a great team this year. They will be fine, but not great...

The second one isn't that good...NJ 1st is questionable and Philadelphia out of the playoffs and Florida in isn't really realistic...

I wouldn't say its out of the question for Philadephia to miss the playoffs, considering how their speed got exposed in the last stretch and in the playoffs. Then again they could have a good year as well if Gagne returns and Forsberg remains healthy. That team is hard to predict.

NJ might not win the conference but they will be up there with the best. Brodeur is still the best goalkeeper in the league and they keep Elias, the most coveted UFA this year, you saw the difference he made for them. Now if CJ can keep that team afloat, watch out for them.

Its nice to know they didn't buy in to the Boston and Toronto hype though :p:

Roxor 08-26-2006 06:45 PM

as far as montreal is concerned

i'de say we'll finish right at the middle

7th

i believe there are too many good teams to finish 5th, but we can't really miss the playoffs imho

Kafka 08-26-2006 07:01 PM

Eastern: I don't think Carolina will do that good... and I am sure I am not the only one thinking that. They will rely on two goaltenders that struggle most of the time during their 05-06 season... why would things be different? Best scenario would be that they both play well on the 40 games they will start (Ward and Grahame). Everything will be on Shane Willis shoulders. ;) Ottawa will win its division title (with Gerber and altough I expect Buffalo to be very good), so are the Rangers, but I think the Lightning will come back to were it was in 03-04 and win its division. That said, I don't understand how Phili can be placed in the playoffs: they won't be there (slow defense, Niitimaki not good enough, Gagne still unsigned). Carolina, NJ, Montreal, Atlanta and Florida will be fighting for the last 4 spots. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if any team make it to the playoffs... parity just increased a lot, and injuries will hurt some teams.

Western:
Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary, Nashville (if Vokoun recovers) and Minnessota are lock for the playoffs IMO, Vancouver might get a shot, so maybe will St-Louis... I am surprised to see that team at the end of both standings.... Tckachuk, Weight, Guerin, Backman, Jackman, Legace..... they have all the tools.... they will only need team spirit!.... I don't see LA, Chicago or Colorado there however.

Therefore, I think the second book is the best one.

SOLR 08-26-2006 10:11 PM

If one team is gonna tank in the east its gonna be Buffalo, bigtime. I don't see them in the playoff.

ryz 08-26-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 6367200)
Eastern: I don't think Carolina will do that good... and I am sure I am not the only one thinking that. They will rely on two goaltenders that struggle most of the time during their 05-06 season... why would things be different? Best scenario would be that they both play well on the 40 games they will start (Ward and Grahame). Everything will be on Shane Willis shoulders. ;) Ottawa will win its division title (with Gerber and altough I expect Buffalo to be very good), so are the Rangers, but I think the Lightning will come back to were it was in 03-04 and win its division. That said, I don't understand how Phili can be placed in the playoffs: they won't be there (slow defense, Niitimaki not good enough, Gagne still unsigned). Carolina, NJ, Montreal, Atlanta and Florida will be fighting for the last 4 spots. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if any team make it to the playoffs... parity just increased a lot, and injuries will hurt some teams.

Western:
Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary, Nashville (if Vokoun recovers) and Minnessota are lock for the playoffs IMO, Vancouver might get a shot, so maybe will St-Louis... I am surprised to see that team at the end of both standings.... Tckachuk, Weight, Guerin, Backman, Jackman, Legace..... they have all the tools.... they will only need team spirit!.... I don't see LA, Chicago or Colorado there however.

Therefore, I think the second book is the best one.

The 2nd book has Colorado winning the NW with Calgary barely making the playoffs at 8. I wonder if that was the concencus with multiple writers or a single writers picks.

Roxor 08-27-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 6367846)
If one team is gonna tank in the east its gonna be Buffalo, bigtime. I don't see them in the playoff.

why not?

they have a pretty good defense, an offense almost as good as last year and Miller can only get better