HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Hockey In Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28507)

Brisebois 11-15-2003 09:25 PM

Hockey In Ottawa

Hi guys, I'm a religious Jew finishing studying to become a Rabbi in a Yeshiva in Ottawa. The year just started and I put together what should be the first orthodox Jewish hockey team from a Yeshiva. Only two members of the team have prior hockey experience, and we are training the others. The guys range from 14 to 21 years of age (includes me. I'm 21).

The reason I'm writing this here is because we are trying to get into any league we can, and it seems to be too late already, with virtually all leagues (contact or non-contact) starting in September. We also have the Sabbath issue, that we can't play on Saturday.

So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me either find a league, or find the proper contact. It would be very much appreciated, and you would be part of the first ultra-orthodox Jewish ice hockey team (hmmm... might be opening a path somewhere).

If you want to contact me, either PM me, or send me an email cholentface2@yahoo.com Thank you very much.

nuksforlife 11-16-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisebois
Hi guys, I'm a religious Jew finishing studying to become a Rabbi in a Yeshiva in Ottawa. The year just started and I put together what should be the first orthodox Jewish hockey team from a Yeshiva. Only two members of the team have prior hockey experience, and we are training the others. The guys range from 14 to 21 years of age (includes me. I'm 21).

The reason I'm writing this here is because we are trying to get into any league we can, and it seems to be too late already, with virtually all leagues (contact or non-contact) starting in September. We also have the Sabbath issue, that we can't play on Saturday.

So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me either find a league, or find the proper contact. It would be very much appreciated, and you would be part of the first ultra-orthodox Jewish ice hockey team (hmmm... might be opening a path somewhere).

If you want to contact me, either PM me, or send me an email cholentface2@yahoo.com Thank you very much.

Living here in Ottawa at the moment and playing in a leauge I know for sure that it is probably a bit too late. My season is already half over but there are 2nd seasons that usually start in the spring so you should check around the rinks starting in February. As for the Sabbath issue I am sure not every leauge plays on Saturdays. Good luck, I am sure you will find something!!! I also think it is great that you are getting involved in the hockey community!!!