HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Game Thread (NYR-CHI) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28615)

Fire Sather 11-16-2003 09:52 AM

Official Game Thread (NYR-CHI)

got whooped yesterday, have to come out strong.. im not looking back.

Prediction:

NYR-4 Kovalev (3), Leetch

CHI-1 Radulov

#37-#93-#27* 11-16-2003 10:01 AM

I'm still lamenting last night's loss. :mad:

5-1 Blackhawks
Ruutu with his first career hattrick.
Lundmark scores the only goal yet somehow still only gets 8 minutes of ice time.

klingsor 11-16-2003 10:05 AM

Rags 5 - Hawks 2

Just setting us up for more disappointment next game.

LA Blue 11-16-2003 10:54 AM

in goal tonight

Quote:

Originally Posted by shapa999
Mironov a hattrick vs his old team :)

But more likely it will be a 2-2 tie.

Does Dunham get the nod again for this one? A little help, please.

Matt

#37-#93-#27* 11-16-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Blue

Matt

Probably not. Not usually good back to back plus he got lit up 5-0 yesterday.

Lundyfan 11-16-2003 11:22 AM

I don't make predictions. Very bad Karma. I'm just looking for the Rangers to come out and play hard for a full 60 minutes. That would be nice to see for a change.

DLaCouture39 11-16-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundyfan
I don't make predictions. Very bad Karma. I'm just looking for the Rangers to come out and play hard for a full 60 minutes. That would be nice to see for a change.

I predict 6-2 Rangers
Rangers: Nedved, Kovalev, Lundmark, Ortmeyer, Leetch, Simon
Hawks: Bell and Calder

Fletch 11-16-2003 11:53 AM

another game>

Oh what torture. I liked Shapa's scoring - a Mironov hattrick, but the Rangers can only tie the game 2-2 (asking how that's possible? Well, hockey IS different here).

Melrose_Jr. 11-16-2003 12:05 PM

Much like the Edmonton game, this is a chance for the Rangers to capitalize on inexperienced goaltending now that "T-bo" is out. Let's hope they pepper Leighton, something they didn't do to Conklin. Of course, if the defense mails another one in, it's probably not going to matter.

Fletch 11-16-2003 12:32 PM

But more likely..

threw me off Pasha. Had you said, 'but nonetheless the Rangers still only manage a 2-2 tie'...then I would've gotten it.

I agree Melrose..although I believe Conklin pitched a shutout in his next outing/

King Nothing* 11-16-2003 01:45 PM

Another game for the Rangers to make a sub-.500 team look like a Stanley Cup contender. Excellent. What will they lose by in this one? Let's see, 5-0?

I am already looking forward getting my clubs shined up for April. Hope the Broadway Blueballs are shining up there irons also because they will be playing in April again this year.

They should put the Cubs out their and let them woop the boys. THAT would definitely be funny.

King Nothing* 11-16-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Blue

Matt

I think Dunham is in. That is why the pulled him during the devils games.

King Nothing* 11-16-2003 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundyfan

They'll play hard but lose it 5-0. Oh well, I wish playing hard got ya points. See ya in April out at Pebble Beach guys.

NJ_Devil_Boy 11-16-2003 02:23 PM

Who got benched or scratched? Yahoo! only has 17 players dressed for NYR.

h**p://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2003111604

Son of Steinbrenner 11-16-2003 02:27 PM

good job of lundmark getting striped of the puck on a 4 on 3. yeah he is awesome!!!!

RushingRocket 11-16-2003 02:28 PM

It's so good to see Berard out there playing hockey...shame we didn't keep him, we were the one's that gave him another chance...

Fire Sather 11-16-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
good job of lundmark getting striped of the puck on a 4 on 3. yeah he is awesome!!!!

oh give it a rest, you must be glen sathers son

#37-#93-#27* 11-16-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Where are you when he does good which is a lot more common then bad. Where were you when Messier makes a turnover which is virtually every game? double standard I see.

Son of Steinbrenner 11-16-2003 02:34 PM

ortmeiyer centers to lundmark and he sco opps he misses it and look at that it goes all the way down the ice. AWESOME

Son of Steinbrenner 11-16-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Where are you when he does good which is a lot more common then bad. Where were you when Messier makes a turnover which is virtually every game? double standard I see.

hmm a first ballot hall of famer vs a guy that has proven nothing. i gotta go with the first ballot hall of famer. you know the guy that leads the team in goals

dedalus 11-16-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

hmm a first ballot hall of famer vs a guy that has proven nothing. i gotta go with the first ballot hall of famer. you know the guy that leads the team in goals

Glen, shouldn't you be actually coaching the game rather than arguing on-line?

Never mind, your performance couldn't possibly be worse than it has been to date.

#37-#93-#27* 11-16-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Messier is not playing like a first ballot Hall of Famer and it's kind of hard to score goals when you play less then 10 minutes any given game all while the guy who does lead routinely gets more then 15 and every opportunity to score.

RushingRocket 11-16-2003 02:39 PM

a Rangers player makes a small mistake and OH! LOOK! critical fans are there to jump all over him...

oh, wait...thats not news...

C'mon guys, whether it be JarJar against the young guys or half the other fans against the vets, like it or not, these are our players...I understand accountability, but lets just put away the microscope for a minute and step behind these guys and just hope for the best...I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but we're all fans of the same team...

#37-#93-#27* 11-16-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushingRocket
a Rangers player makes a small mistake and OH! LOOK! critical fans are there to jump all over him...

oh, wait...thats not news...

C'mon guys, whether it be JarJar against the young guys or half the other fans against the vets, like it or not, these are our players...I understand accountability, but lets just put away the microscope for a minute and step behind these guys and just hope for the best...I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but we're all fans of the same team...

I am not critisizing Messier. I'm only saying he's two faced about it.

rangers 11-16-2003 02:43 PM

It had too be Berard, hadn`t it? Here we go again...