HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NYI / COL trade proposal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28758)

andora 11-16-2003 09:12 PM

NYI / COL trade proposal...
 
to colorado:

roman hamrlik
shaun bates

to nyi:

derek morris
2nd rd pick



thoughts ?

thome_26 11-16-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
to colorado:

roman hamrlik
shaun bates

to nyi:

derek morris
2nd rd pick



thoughts ?


How about:
why would either do this? I mean the amount of difference between these two isn't enough to pull this IMO.

andora 11-16-2003 09:17 PM

would you rather.. skoula/svatos/2nd for hamrlik?

McDonald19 11-16-2003 09:26 PM

Colorado will keep Morris if they are smart.

Darth Milbury 11-16-2003 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
to colorado:

roman hamrlik
shaun bates

to nyi:

derek morris
2nd rd pick



thoughts ?

Done. Fire up the fax.

RoyIsALegend* 11-16-2003 10:01 PM

What a terrible trade for Colorado.

andora 11-16-2003 10:06 PM

apparently i overvalue hamrlik.. as Darth actually agrees..

Darth Milbury 11-16-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
apparently i overvalue hamrlik.. as Darth actually agrees..


I would personally give Hamrlik the nod over Morris right now. But, Morris is younger, less expensive, and nearly as good. I've got to believe that Morris' market value is higher than Hamrlik's right now.

A 2nd rounder for Bates is fair, perhaps even generous. So, both aspects of the deal favor the Isles.

Now, if we want to ignore age and $, then it is closer to fair.

Darth Milbury 11-16-2003 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
would you rather.. skoula/svatos/2nd for hamrlik?


:mad:

Enoch 11-17-2003 05:32 AM

Morris isn't that much cheaper. He is taking hom 3.5 mil this year.

GKJ 11-17-2003 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Colorado will keep Morris if they are smart.

Morris is the best player in the deal, and the youngest, Lacroix wouldn't be thinking if he did this deal.

thome_26 11-17-2003 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Morris is the best player in the deal, and the youngest, Lacroix wouldn't be thinking if he did this deal.

No, Morris isn't the best player in this deal. He may have the most value, because of age considerations, but he certainly isn't the best player in the deal. Hamrlik is easily better then Morris offensively, and although erratic sometimes defensievely, is as good or better then Morris for the most part - who is also mistake prone, and at inopportune times. Morris is also a small guy as far as NHL defensemen go - but I must say that he doesn't play like it and he holds himself up as well as many big guys.

disles1 11-17-2003 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
to colorado:

roman hamrlik
shaun bates

to nyi:

derek morris
2nd rd pick



thoughts ?

How about Hamrlik and Bates for Tanguay?? You guys have enough forwards and now you get Skoula out of your top 4 on d.

PuckU 11-17-2003 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disles1
How about Hamrlik and Bates for Tanguay?? You guys have enough forwards and now you get Skoula out of your top 4 on d.


Parrish and Hamrlik

for

Tanguay and Morris


Works for both teams, Islanders shed some salary. Pretty fair, but I don't know if Colorado would trade Tanguay while alot of their forwards are hurt.

hoserthehorrible 11-17-2003 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckU
Parrish and Hamrlik

for

Tanguay and Morris


Works for both teams, Islanders shed some salary. Pretty fair, but I don't know if Colorado would trade Tanguay while alot of their forwards are hurt.

What reason would Colorado have to make this deal? Parrish doesn't fill a void and neither does Hamerlik. The Avs already have a plethora of scoring forwards and offensive defensemen. They don't need either. What they do need is a little defensive depth and a playoff proven goaltender. This deal doesn't address either of those needs.

Also, Tanguay leads the league in scoring right now, is young, and very inexpensive. Morris is their future #1 defenseman and is putting up plenty of points from the blueline.

No chance Colorado does this deal. None.

Pure Slaughter Value 11-17-2003 07:44 AM

Parrish and Hamrlik

for

Tanguay and Morris


Hamrlik > Morris
Tanguay > Parrish

Value is somewhat fair, but the trade doesn't seem to really benefit either team.

PuckU 11-17-2003 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Parrish and Hamrlik

for

Tanguay and Morris


Hamrlik > Morris
Tanguay > Parrish

Value is somewhat fair, but the trade doesn't seem to really benefit either team.


How so? The islanders get Morris who is younger and not as expired, but who is on the brink in becoming a great defenseman. They also get younger on defense. Hamerlik, Johnson and Aucion are all great, I think really highly of them, but they are all aging and if they can lock Morris up for the future, they have a great young pair of defenseman in Niinnama and Morris.

The islanders need to shed some salary. The also need a young winger. Tanguay is playing exceptional this year and would fit rather nicely with the Peca line.

The bottom line is the islanders are going to shed some salary. Why not do a 2 for 2 trade and get younger without getting draft picks. Itís a great trade if you ask me. Morris and Tanguay are amazing youth.

Pure Slaughter Value 11-17-2003 08:52 AM

Hamerlik, Johnson and Aucion are all great, I think really highly of them, but they are all aging and if they can lock Morris up for the future, they have a great young pair of defenseman in Niinnama and Morris.

30 is not aging for a defenseman!!!! A lot of writers/coaches/posters will say that defenseman are at their peak from 30-35.

Trottier 11-17-2003 09:01 AM

I agree with earlier sentiment:

Why?

For either team. Morris is settling into Colorado and likely will be there for many years.

Hamrlik is a solid dman, and even if NYI liked the player exchange, YOU HAVE TO THINK $$$ FIRST!!! When one does, this doesn't work.
On a lesser important note: why would colorado want Bates, a clone of McAmmond, who they just jettisoned months ago?

PuckU 11-17-2003 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
I agree with earlier sentiment:

Why?

For either team. Morris is settling into Colorado and likely will be there for many years.

Hamrlik is a solid dman, and even if NYI liked the player exchange, YOU HAVE TO THINK $$$ FIRST!!! When one does, this doesn't work.
On a lesser important note: why would colorado want Bates, a clone of McAmmond, who they just jettisoned months ago?


This Tanguay and Morris deal make perfect sense. If you don't get young, inexpensive guys like this, we will end up with another Trevor Linden trade. Mark my word Trottier. I have been the biggest "Mike Must Go" advocate and if you know him, like I do, we will get another ancient veteran for Parrish who scored like 40 goals, one time, like 5 years ago. You watch. You know what that duchebag has done.

Pure Slaughter Value 11-17-2003 09:09 AM

I have been the biggest "Mike Must Go" advocate and if you know him, like I do, we will get another ancient veteran for Parrish who scored like 40 goals, one time, like 5 years ago. You watch. You know what that duchebag has done.

Maybe we'll finally get Igor Korolev, who Milbury has had a hard-on for a decade!!!! :p

Think he almost traded Brewer or Connolly for him.

PuckU 11-17-2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
I have been the biggest "Mike Must Go" advocate and if you know him, like I do, we will get another ancient veteran for Parrish who scored like 40 goals, one time, like 5 years ago. You watch. You know what that duchebag has done.

Maybe we'll finally get Igor Korolev, who Milbury has had a hard-on for a decade!!!! :p

Think he almost traded Brewer or Connolly for him.



Or maybe a three-way deal, Steve Thomas, Travis Green, for Mark Parrish.

Trottier 11-17-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckU
This Tanguay and Morris deal make perfect sense. If you don't get young, inexpensive guys like this, we will end up with another Trevor Linden trade. Mark my word Trottier. I have been the biggest "Mike Must Go" advocate and if you know him, like I do, we will get another ancient veteran for Parrish who scored like 40 goals, one time, like 5 years ago. You watch. You know what that duchebag has done.

Again, my question is "why"?

Why would the Avs make this deal? What is the benefit to them?

Tanguay is realizing the level of stardom a few of us imagined he would (while others referred to him as a "leech" :shakehead ). Morris is a superb young talent, a third of arguably the best trio in the league.

Hamrlik is quality; Parrish is servicable, but this deal offers zilch for Colorado.

As for $: Tanguay, especially, and Morris will likely be in for huge salary bumps near-term.

I would make the deal in a nanosecond, from NYI's point of view. They can't ($). And you could hold a gun to Lacroix's head and Colorado still wouldn't do it.

PuckU 11-17-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Again, my question is "why"?

Why would the Avs make this deal? What is the benefit to them?

Tanguay is realizing the level of stardom a few of us imagined he would (while others referred to him as a "leech" :shakehead ). Morris is a superb young talent, a third of arguably the best trio in the league.

Hamrlik is quality; Parrish is servicable, but this deal offers zilch for Colorado.

As for $: Tanguay, especially, and Morris will likely be in for huge salary bumps near-term.

I would make the deal in a nanosecond, from NYI's point of view. They can't ($). And you could hold a gun to Lacroix's head and Colorado still wouldn't do it.


They are a win now type of team and they might sacrafice youth for confident veterans. Maybe add something to spice it up. You never know.

RoyIsALegend* 11-17-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckU
Parrish and Hamrlik

for

Tanguay and Morris

What a brutal deal.

Honestly, do you people think when you make these deals up?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.