HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Belarussian line of Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostitsyn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=288437)

RE-HABS 09-11-2006 03:17 PM

Belarussian line of Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostitsyn

Timmins and Canadiens Brass think this could be a line on the Habs next season! This according to the Gazette.

Link: http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...2761b1&k=74759

INTERESTING QUOTES:

They believe Montreal fans could be seeing a Belarussian line of Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostitsyn by next season.

Timmins said Sergei Kostitsyn's development is ahead of that of his brother, who split last season between Hamilton and the Canadiens.

Good article. Grabovsky thinks he is NHL ready now!

Le depisteur 09-11-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 6466069)
Timmins and Canadiens Brass think this could be a line on the Habs next season! This according to the Gazette.

INTERESTING QUOTES:

They believe Montreal fans could be seeing a Belarussian line of Kostitsyn-Grabovski-Kostitsyn by next season.

Timmins said Sergei Kostitsyn's development is ahead of that of his brother, who split last season between Hamilton and the Canadiens.

:yo:

Moester 09-11-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

INTERESTING QUOTES:

I don't really see that for another year or two. We just don't have the room, and even though Sergei is moving along well, from what I hear from a friend of mine in London, he's still got pretty big holes in his game.

Phil Parent 09-11-2006 03:23 PM

I'm all for it, they complete each other well.

You know, say Emelin crosses the ocean and Markov doesn't cross the ocean the other way, we could have a Russian Five!

And Russian Fives are cool as proven by the Red Wings of yesteryear.

habfan4 09-11-2006 03:28 PM

I like the fact that S. Kostitsyn and Grabovski are confident enough to want to take the next step in their development, I just think it's overly optimistic to suggest that there may be a Belarussian line on the Habs by next season.

montreal 09-11-2006 03:28 PM

I expect Grabo to see some NHL action this year, same with Chipchura. Injuries always hit, so guys will get called up. I have no clue who gets the final roster spot but aside from that I expect a couple guys to see anywhere from 2 or more games. Grabovski, Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Chipchura, Ferland, Cote. Hopefully injuries aren't a problem this year but you can usually count on Koivu missing some games plus others. Samsonov, Johnson, Begin all have had injury problems.

I would be all for seeing Siarhei Kostitsyn in Hamilton.

RE-HABS 09-11-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 6466134)
I'm all for it, they complete each other well.

You know, say Emelin crosses the ocean and Markov doesn't cross the ocean the other way, we could have a Russian Five!

And Russian Fives are cool as proven by the Red Wings of yesteryear.

Markov
Kovalev
Perezhogin
Samsonov

Kostitsyn x 2
Grabovski
Emelin

8 possible Russians (former Russians, now Belarusians)

Dan K 09-11-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

INTERESTING QUOTES:

Great! Glad to hear our prospects will get a long look. And I do think it's possible we'll see a Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Kostitsyn line as soon as this coming season... But if we see it this season, it will likely be for Hamilton.

Also, I don't know if it was already common knowledge (it wasn't for me), but that article confirms that the Habs' first on-ice session this coming Friday will be in Pierrefonds. I assume by the virtue of it being there that it will be open to the public. I'm definitely hoping to go.

Shabutie 09-11-2006 03:34 PM

I don't think Seirgei is ready for the NHL, he might not even do that great in the AHL. As far as Grabs and Andrei though, I think they definitely could earn a spot.

*Btw the article doesn't say that Timmins thinks it could be a line with the habs this season, Grabs and Kost Jr say that. It's good that they've got confidence in their abilities, but Kost isn't ready.

johnnyboo 09-11-2006 03:35 PM

the "KGB" line

K= kostitsyn's
G= Grabovsky
B= bellarussian

Talent Analyst 09-11-2006 03:40 PM

Hmmm in two year it can be realistic ...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanek-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Murray

In two year :

Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Samsonov(Perezhogin)-Plekanek-Kovalev
S.Kost-Grabovsky-A.Kost
Begin-Chipchura-Murray

If Ryder , Ribeiro , Johnson , Samsonov or Perezhogin out , lines can be that .

RE-HABS 09-11-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciggyboy (Post 6466248)
the "KGB" line

K= kostitsyn's
G= Grabovsky
B= bellarussian

That would be a great name, marketing would be a money maker too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talent Analyst (Post 6466289)
Hmmm in two year it can be realistic ...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanek-Johnson
Begin-Bonk-Murray

In two year :

Higgins-Koivu-Latendresse
Samsonov(Perezhogin)-Plekanek-Kovalev
S.Kost-Grabovsky-A.Kost
Begin-Chipchura-Murray

If Ryder , Ribeiro , Johnson , Samsonov or Perezhogin out , lines can be that .

I see Plekanec gone even Samsonov before Ribs or Ryder.

znk 09-11-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moester (Post 6466130)
I don't really see that for another year or two. We just don't have the room, and even though Sergei is moving along well, from what I hear from a friend of mine in London, he's still got pretty big holes in his game.

Next season...not this season....

znk 09-11-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 6466406)
That would be a great name, marketing would be a money maker too!

No way...Habs philosophy is speed. I dont think they will keep these 2 slow guys by getting rid of some of our fastest. I certanly hope not.

Kirk Muller* 09-11-2006 04:28 PM

Did we find out if Siagrhgrei could play in the AHL this year in the end?

sXe 09-11-2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller (Post 6466664)
Did we find out if Siagrhgrei could play in the AHL this year in the end?

According to the Journal de Montreal, they say yes he could.

SuperUnknown 09-11-2006 05:02 PM

It's too early to even tell if A.Kostitsyn will ever play in the NHL... Sometimes Timmins should just shut up imo (like when he said A.Kostitsyn was ready to jump directly to the NHL... that's what we all saw). Timmins need to learn to stop being overly enthousiastic about his picks.

While I think the Kostitsyn brothers and Grabovski could definately end up in the NHL, it's still far from a sure thing.

Shabutie 09-11-2006 05:04 PM

Anyone else find it funny that Siergei knows more about the NA rulings than our head scout? Maybe that's why so few of our european talent make it to the AHL before the age?

Knuckles30 09-11-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6466922)
Anyone else find it funny that Siergei knows more about the NA rulings than our head scout? Maybe that's why so few of our european talent make it to the AHL before the age?

I doubt that Timmins doesn't know the rule. Sounds to me like he got caught off guard with a question that was out of left field for him, so instead of committing one way or the other and getting in trouble for it later, he just avoided the question.

sXe 09-11-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy (Post 6466907)
It's too early to even tell if A.Kostitsyn will ever play in the NHL... Sometimes Timmins should just shut up imo (like when he said A.Kostitsyn was ready to jump directly to the NHL... that's what we all saw). Timmins need to learn to stop being overly enthousiastic about his picks.

While I think the Kostitsyn brothers and Grabovski could definately end up in the NHL, it's still far from a sure thing.

Ever? You really think so?

goalchenyuk 09-11-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 6466406)

I don't see either Ryder and Ribs . And you can bet that Gainey is looking for another center for the first line . If Saku is still playing , he will centering the second line .

Kirk Muller* 09-11-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckles30 (Post 6466967)
I doubt that Timmins doesn't know the rule. Sounds to me like he got caught off guard with a question that was out of left field for him, so instead of committing one way or the other and getting in trouble for it later, he just avoided the question.

Yeah, and I think as an organization, they prefer Siargehiir to continue in the OHL.

Mike8 09-11-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller (Post 6467483)
Yeah, and I think as an organization, they prefer Siargehiir to continue in the OHL.

Are you enjoying butchering his first name at every opportunity?

znk 09-11-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6466922)

He was just avoiding the question and make it look like they handent discussed it yet. He didnt want to answer "no...we are sending him back"

JMMR 09-11-2006 07:06 PM

That would be a sick line for sure... but NO way you see the three of them in a regular season game with the Canadiens this season!