HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Question about "Limited Veiw" tickets??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=288662)

92hatchattack 09-12-2006 09:49 AM

Question about "Limited Veiw" tickets???(new question! 2nd page)
 
Hey guys, i just got hooked up with some tickets from a friend for opening night that he just bought for me.

Only thing is the tickets say "limited veiw" on them. Now i really wanted to go so i will take anything, but how limited will the veiw be??? The tickets are in a little mini section, section 401 row a, seats 1-2 .... Anyone know how bad these seats are??? lol
thanks

---Joe

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 10:04 AM

That section is obstructed by a concrete structure over the top of it and to the right, but since you have ROW A seats 1 and 2 i think youll be pretty good. This picture here is from the middle of the section and usually the 400's hang over a bit so IMO i dont think youll be that limited, especially in the first row. But even if you are its not a crazy amount.

92hatchattack 09-12-2006 10:14 AM

sweet, im down with that!!! ill just hang my *** over the railing if i cant see something.... looks like a good beer chugging spot!!!!

3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS!!!!

92hatchattack 09-12-2006 10:16 AM

by the way, where did u get that picture from??? do they have all the sections??? id like to take a took

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 10:18 AM

http://www.thegarden.com/msg_seating.html

Click on "the arena", then change the event to Hockey.

They used to have this same seating chart on the Rangers website but they did away with it this season for some reason...

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-12-2006 10:19 AM

I didn't know that MSG had "limited view" seats. I remember sitting in the "obstructive view" seats at the old Boston Garden. That was brutal.

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 10:23 AM

Yeah the only time in MSG ive seen that "limited view" was on a concert ticket.

Melrose_Jr. 09-12-2006 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 6471400)
I remember sitting in the "obstructive view" seats at the old Boston Garden. That was brutal.

I once sat in seat at the Boston Garden that had a structural post 2 rows in front of it. :shakehead

I'd be surprised if the first row is obstructed at all 92hatch.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 09-12-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 6471468)
I once sat in seat at the Boston Garden that had a structural post 2 rows in front of it. :shakehead

Exactly. It was unbelievable the seats they would sell.

92hatchattack 09-12-2006 10:32 AM

hell, im happy to have the tickets... and i now owe someone a beer... LOL

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 6471519)
hell, im happy to have the tickets... and i now owe someone a beer... LOL

Yeah i would take those or any seats for opening night in a heartbeat if i could go. Ive been to the last 4 opening nights and was planning to go again this year but i have a wedding rehearsal dinner to go to... :madfire:

AND my cousin getting married is a DEVILS Fan. :banghead:

92hatchattack 09-12-2006 10:37 AM

is opening night really as great as i keep hearing it is???

NYR469 09-12-2006 10:51 AM

in row a you will have absolutely no obstruction to your view...

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 6471560)
is opening night really as great as i keep hearing it is???

If youre a big Rangers fan then any opening night is great...

This year is extra special because its been quite a while since the Rangers have opened the SEASON at home. Fans will be juiced for this one. Last years was extra special with the lockout ending and all too that was fantastic even though they lost in OT thanks to weekes.

Ranger35 09-12-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 6471179)
Hey guys, i just got hooked up with some tickets from a friend for opening night that he just bought for me.

Only thing is the tickets say "limited veiw" on them. Now i really wanted to go so i will take anything, but how limited will the veiw be??? The tickets are in a little mini section, section 401 row a, seats 1-2 .... Anyone know how bad these seats are??? lol
thanks

---Joe

It really depends which limited view seat you get, I once had the misfortune of getting limited view seats for a Rangers vs Senators game, I could see from one end of the ice all the waw to the other blueline.

I'm not ever going for limited view tickets again, ever.

Ranger35 09-12-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 6471764)
If youre a big Rangers fan then any opening night is great...

This year is extra special because its been quite a while since the Rangers have opened the SEASON at home. Fans will be juiced for this one. Last years was extra special with the lockout ending and all too that was fantastic even though they lost in OT thanks to weekes.

Well said, the one most memorable to me that I did attend was the 5-4 OT win over the Sabres with Leetch scoring the GW, 2001.

HockeyBasedNYC 09-12-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger35 (Post 6472074)
Well said, the one most memorable to me that I did attend was the 5-4 OT win over the Sabres with Leetch scoring the GW, 2001.

YES... i still have the hat.

Ranger35 09-12-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 6472147)
YES... i still have the hat.

Me too, I attended that game with a friend from Israel, he was skeptic about hockey, but couldn't stop cheering once he was there. :)

FLYLine24 09-12-2006 02:20 PM

I sat in the limited view seats once last year..it sucked, a big bar was in my way (the safety bar so nobody falls over from the 400s)

faneuil 09-12-2006 02:50 PM

Just because I don't want to start a new thread and be annoying...

I noticed on the MSG website about cameras, but I wanted to know how strictly is it enforced? I'm going to be doing the tourist thing all day, and then going to a game that night. Of course, I wanted to take pics of the city throughout the day.

I'm not staying in the city, but 1.5 hours away, and planning on taking the train. Am I going to have to scrap the camera that day all together?

Thanks all.

abev 09-12-2006 02:54 PM

I have never seen anyone NOT allowed to bring in a camera. It shouldnt be a problem.

broadwayblue 09-12-2006 02:58 PM

what kind of camera is it. i've never had a problem bringing in my digital elph. now a nikon slr with 500mm telephoto lens is a different story. ;)

faneuil 09-12-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 6473650)
what kind of camera is it. i've never had a problem bringing in my digital elph. now a nikon slr with 500mm telephoto lens is a different story. ;)

It's a Canon Rebel XT (digital), with a 18-55mm lens.

Skroob* 09-12-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faneuil (Post 6473716)
It's a Canon Rebel XT (digital), with a 18-55mm lens.



yeah, they should let you in with a toy like that.

;)

*D2x owner*

RothmanHockey 09-12-2006 06:37 PM

The obstruction you might have is people walking in the aisles during play, that could be the problem there...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.