HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Camm Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28874)

Old Hickory 11-17-2003 10:13 AM

Camm Recalled

link

punchy1 11-17-2003 10:39 AM

Well, it was either him or Kelley so I am glad that he is coming. Thank you for the link KingsJohn.

LuckyLUC20 11-17-2003 10:53 AM

So, according to the LA Times... Eric Belanger will become the #1 center while Army and Stumpy are out. Esa Pirnes moves up to the 2nd line. Brad Chartrand will take Belanger's role as 3rd line center and Jon Sim will center the 4th line.

Why wouldn't Cammy center the 4th line?

These are the lines:

Robitaille - Belanger - Palffy
Klatt - Pirnes - Frolov
Lappy - Chartrand - Avery
Cammalleri - Sim - Brown

With Nashville on Wednesday, do you think Brennan will play?

David A. Rainer 11-17-2003 10:58 AM

Our lines are looking worse and worse. Out top 3 centers are out - ouch! Belanger our top center? Ugh. Well Belanger, here's your opportunity to prove yourself... again.

Old Hickory 11-17-2003 11:18 AM

It's time to make a trade. Allison and Deadmarsh aren't getting any better and our centers are starting to drop like flies.

punchy1 11-17-2003 12:03 PM

I mean, I may not be a fan of Frolov playing with Chartrand as his pivot but, they have been effective so why in the world would we change them to use Pirnes? I am starting to question things a bit lately.

zeppelin97 11-17-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
I mean, I may not be a fan of Frolov playing with Chartrand as his pivot but, they have been effective so why in the world would we change them to use Pirnes? I am starting to question things a bit lately.

I think frolov has great chemistry with belanger. Particularly last year, belanger assisted on 5 or 6 frolov goals.

punchy1 11-17-2003 12:38 PM

I think it would be alright if that was who he ended up playing with. It doesn't look to be though.

LuckyLUC20 11-17-2003 12:40 PM

The Daily News has the lines different from the LA Times... why am I not surprised?

Frolov - Belanger - Palffy
Robitaille - Pirnes - Klatt
Lappy - Cammalleri - Avery
Brennan??? - Sim - Brown
Quote:

Murray's tentative plan is to move Eric Belanger to the top line, between wingers Alexander Frolov and Ziggy Palffy. Esa Pirnes would center a line with Luc Robitaille and Trent Klatt, and Cammalleri would team with Sean Avery and Ian Lapperiere.

punchy1 11-17-2003 01:17 PM

Thank you Lucky for taking the time to post this. I do appreciate it. Well, it goes to show you how the print media is rarely right about most things even in America.

I suppose we will see come game time. Of course, it sort of goes without saying that a, I am opposed to both of these combinations and that again, I have to question why Mr Murray's ability to place talent.

Mr Murray insists on never allowing his talent to establish themselves with each other. Luc and Ziggy have proven that they are learning how to play with each other so split them up please. Frolov and Klatt are really starting to play well together so split them up to.

Of course, it is a testiment to the talent of Ziggy/Frolov Luc and the rest that they can play with other talented players but I guess I would say why split up the lines or combinations that *are* working together. I really don't understand. I certainly don't think it is time to shake things up as is the case when most changes are made. I suppose that we will never again see a line like the *triple crown line* or the *legion of doom* . Pitty.

Skebo 11-17-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
The Daily News has the lines different from the LA Times... why am I not surprised?

Frolov - Belanger - Palffy
Robitaille - Pirnes - Klatt
Lappy - Cammalleri - Avery
Brennan??? - Sim - Brown

They are both guessing.

Murray never does a major reorder on the lines when there is a player lost to injury. He doesn't want to screw the chemistry of all the lines if one guy goes down. He usually just plugs in the new call-up to fill the hole and leaves the other three lines the same. With Armstrong going down I can see him moving Belanger to fill Armstrong's spot on the #1 line and dropping Cammalleri in Belanger's spot with Avery and Laperriere.

jfont 11-17-2003 01:43 PM

oates

could be useful for the kings right now...

but he just signed with edmonton...

guzmania 11-17-2003 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
could be useful for the kings right now...

but he just signed with edmonton...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Wow! Lowe loses a center for a month and goes out and signs Oates, don't usually consider the Oilers more capable of pulling off this signing than we are.
:dunno:

Kearney 11-17-2003 06:39 PM

Frolov has chemistry with everyone.
Ziggy has chemistry with everyone.
Belanger has chemistry with everyone.

imo, there is too much hand-wringing about line combinations.

we could, however, discuss defensive pairings. (I think it's time to split up Modry & Visnovsky.)

punchy1 11-17-2003 09:12 PM

In my opinion there is too much hand wringing over the concerns of our defensive pairings as they are doing quite well. ;)

Tadite 11-18-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzmaniac
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Wow! Lowe loses a center for a month and goes out and signs Oates, don't usually consider the Oilers more capable of pulling off this signing than we are.
:dunno:

No really. They had Smyth playing as their first line center and they needed a faceoff guy. Why would Oates want to play for the Kings? He wanted to be a top-6 player and we would not have had room for him on the top-2 lines in another two weeks.

Oates would not sign to play with the Kings on our 4th line......

guzmania 11-18-2003 02:05 PM

I see, Oates, Stumpel, Belanger, Armstrong as centers is just an unworkable situation. Wait maybe I don't see. Looks to me at this point that even if we were to get Allison back in say Febuary or March (or ever) we still could have used a center of Oates' quality as a top six. Especially since he wouldn't have cost us assets that the team has accummulated. I guess we'll just tough it out.

By the way, who says that Armstrong will be back in 2 weeks, he just hasn't been put on injured reserve retroed to last Saturday. Another finger break on the weekend has the team saying that player will be out out 6 weeks.

Maybe we should concentrate on handringing about goaltending?
:eek:

punchy1 11-18-2003 02:24 PM

I think that Oates is one of the best set up men in the game and am happy to see him back in the league. Of course, i hated him being on the Anahiem ducks and hate it just as much to see him on the Oilers I think he is a great player who would have looked perfect in a Kings uni.

With the Straka rumours out there I think that it would be safe to hazard the guess that DT thinks that we might need another player who is capable at center.

guzmania 11-18-2003 03:48 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...Name=nhl-kings

Six to eight weeks for the broken finger. Just placed on injured reserve.
Kuznetzov to Manchester for conditioning.