HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ulf Dahlen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28895)

Praline 11-17-2003 11:39 AM

Ulf Dahlen

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Is Dahlen still a UFA, or has he officially retired? If he has officially retired, can anyone link me to an AP story (or any story) stating this? Thanks.

Ajacied 11-17-2003 11:42 AM

He hasn't officially retired yet. He is currently working out in his native Sweden and if we had to believe his words, he'd only return to the NHL if the Stars and the Stars only, offer him a contract.

Weird, as he fills a role lots of teams need.

HughJass* 11-17-2003 12:05 PM

I thought he did officially retire.

Av-merican 11-17-2003 12:08 PM

He retired after the season before last, only to be wooed yet again by the Stars. I think he'll just leave the door open, if he files the official retirement papers he can't come back for an entire year.

Chevy Cheveldae 11-17-2003 01:49 PM

Ulf lives here in my hometown Östersund

He has recently built a house down by the lake and he wants his kids to live in Sweden

He's been working out at home, and hasn't totally closed the door on hockey

a lot of speculation was that he was going to sign for Timrå in the SEL (2 hours drive away from here) because he was there and helped with some Stars players who were there this and trained this summer (Malhotra, Ott and others)

But it's been quite quiet on the Ulf front last couple of months - maybe he will sign for a team in time for the playoffs ? and leave the family home. :dunno:

Chevy Cheveldae 11-17-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praline
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was just thinking - couldn't there be a forum where these kind of posts can be made

I mean - where former players has ended up after their playing career or if u want to know where someone is playing this year

I know that we here in Europe can get u some info about players who are over here, and maybe u guys can dig up storys about players being lawyers or other stuff

what do u guys think

McDonald19 11-17-2003 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweden
I was just thinking - couldn't there be a forum where these kind of posts can be made

I mean - where former players has ended up after their playing career or if u want to know where someone is playing this year

I know that we here in Europe can get u some info about players who are over here, and maybe u guys can dig up storys about players being lawyers or other stuff

what do u guys think

Yeah it can be called "where are they now?" or "whatever happened to?"...im all for it.

PecaFan 11-17-2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweden

There is, it's called the main NHL talk board. Just because a guy is retired / in europe etc doesn't mean you can't still talk about him. We still talk about old greats there occasionally.