HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hey guys/gals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28901)

oildrop 11-17-2003 11:59 AM

Hey guys/gals

Hey Caps fans! Just a curious Oiler fan here trying to find out if there are any rumours going around Washington involving the Oilers. Apparently some scouts from Washington have watched the last 4 or 5 Oilers games. In an article by a paper in Ottawa it said that the Oilers might have interest in Olaf Kolzig. Would the Capitals eat any of Kolzig's salary if he were to be dealt or is Kolzig an untouchable? But there must be some interest between our Oilers and your Capitals if your team has scouted the last few games of the Oilers. Thanks for any responses.

txpd 11-17-2003 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
Hey Caps fans! Just a curious Oiler fan here trying to find out if there are any rumours going around Washington involving the Oilers. Apparently some scouts from Washington have watched the last 4 or 5 Oilers games. In an article by a paper in Ottawa it said that the Oilers might have interest in Olaf Kolzig. Would the Capitals eat any of Kolzig's salary if he were to be dealt or is Kolzig an untouchable? But there must be some interest between our Oilers and your Capitals if your team has scouted the last few games of the Oilers. Thanks for any responses.

I am sure there have been Caps scouts looking at the Oilers. The Caps have done business with Kevin Lowe before. Its just a guess, but I think that its more likely that Lowe has been talking to McPhee about Nylander and the Caps have been looking to see what they want in return. I think that with Oates signing today, that is probably dead.
A $6.5m goalie in Edmonton is a ridiculous thought, though.

DaleHunter 11-19-2003 09:26 AM

Strange that you would think the Oil want a goalie. Ty Conklin is a brickwall for you guys right now and Salo isn't exactly a scrub. Plus the Oil have never been known as a team to take on another team's salary dump.

I agree with txpd that it was probably about Nylander and since the Oates signing, it's dead. Probably involved Comrie, or even more likely, Jason Smith from your end.

txpd 11-19-2003 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Strange that you would think the Oil want a goalie. Ty Conklin is a brickwall for you guys right now and Salo isn't exactly a scrub. Plus the Oil have never been known as a team to take on another team's salary dump.

I agree with txpd that it was probably about Nylander and since the Oates signing, it's dead. Probably involved Comrie, or even more likely, Jason Smith from your end.

I forgot that reasoner broke his ankle. thats two centers they are short with reasoner and comrie out. so maybe the nylander thing isnt dead afterall.

BrooklynCapsFan 11-19-2003 12:07 PM

I'd give up a ton for Comrie and just tank the season.

Semin-Comrie-Ovechkin :rolly: :rolly: :rolly: