HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NYR/WAS proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29019)

st_roland 11-17-2003 08:09 PM

NYR/WAS proposal
 
Kasparaitis for Jagr+Cash?

Salary dump for both teams. Both players under-performing. What d'yall think?

PotiFan107 11-17-2003 08:39 PM

lol
 
sure kaspar is a good defender.. but we're talking about jagr here.. he has extreme talent.. washington would never do that.. if they didnt want Nedved and Lundmark.. dont look good here

#37-#93-#27* 11-17-2003 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotiFan107
sure kaspar is a good defender.. but we're talking about jagr here.. he has extreme talent.. washington would never do that.. if they didnt want Nedved and Lundmark.. dont look good here

Where have you been?

Evil Sather 11-17-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotiFan107
sure kaspar is a good defender.. but we're talking about jagr here.. he has extreme talent.. washington would never do that.. if they didnt want Nedved and Lundmark.. dont look good here

Are you drunk?

RoyIsALegend* 11-17-2003 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Sather
Are you drunk?

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Where have you been?

LMAO

ihatenewjersey 11-18-2003 03:04 AM

washington will take anything to save money on jagr, they don't care anymore

Divine Wind 11-18-2003 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
washington will take anything to save money on jagr, they don't care anymore

... and Washingston's blueline could sure use it.

btmarshall 11-18-2003 04:03 AM

Washington is looking to get rid of salary and term. Kasparaitis' contract runs through until Doomsday, as does Jagr's contract. So Kasparaitis doesn't help the Caps achieve what they're setting out to do with a Jagr trade. They'd like players they can discard over the summer.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-18-2003 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btmarshall
Washington is looking to get rid of salary and term. Kasparaitis' contract runs through until Doomsday, as does Jagr's contract. So Kasparaitis doesn't help the Caps achieve what they're setting out to do with a Jagr trade. They'd like players they can discard over the summer.

Sure the contract runs past the expiration of the CBA but they save about 37M dollars by exchanging Jagr with Kasparaitis' contract.

The Caps are in no position to be making demands in this case. If they can move Jagr's contract and save 37M in the process (all the while receiving a serviceable defenseman) they would jump at it.

The proposed trade could really be seen as this:

Jagr for Kasparaitis and $37M.

CapitalsCupFantasy 11-18-2003 06:18 AM

I'm hoping Kaspar is the main focus of any deal
 
How about Jagr, Lang and $15 mill

for

Kaspar and Nedved

strungout 11-18-2003 06:32 AM

How about Jagr, Lang and $15 mill

for

Kaspar and Nedved



I honestly dont see the Caps trading Lang unless the return is great...yeah the Caps are strapped for cash but 5 million a season for what Lang is doing so far is not that bad of payout.

Jagr is the one that needs and should to go...If Ted eats half the Salary thats still 5.5 million off the payroll.

Id expect Gonchar to go before Lang (if Jagr cant be dealt) since he will be an RFA next season and the likelyhood of the Caps not signing him to a big deal with Jagr's contract.

As for the Kasparaitis thing...I dont that happening. Maybe Poti and something else.

Im tired of reading about it to be honest....I just hope GMGM can pull a good deal.

txpd 11-18-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanwon
How about Jagr, Lang and $15 mill

for

Kaspar and Nedved

why in god's name would that capitals want to do that?

CapitalsCupFantasy 11-18-2003 07:28 AM

To shed salary
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
why in god's name would that capitals want to do that?


Jagr $11 mil

Lang $5 mill



Kaspar $4.2 mill

Nedved $4.75 mill


Not sure how long the Nedved contract runs. At least we replace Lang with Neved short term, pick up a #3 defenseman, and rid ourselves of Jagr. Lang's value couldn't be higher right now. Believe me I would rather we keep Jagr and Lang, but Jagr needs to go just so he is happy again. And Lang, well if Ted wants to stop losing $30 mill per season, now's the time to move him.

The only thing that would concern me is how had Kaspar's game been?

My buddies and I talked to Lubomir (Jagr's limo driver) after the game (@ Nick and Stefs) Friday against Tampa, and in his best broken english, he said Jagr was sad, but not because of Cassidy.

What do you have against it TXPD?

txpd 11-18-2003 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jincargo
How about Jagr, Lang and $15 mill

for

Kaspar and Nedved



I honestly dont see the Caps trading Lang unless the return is great...yeah the Caps are strapped for cash but 5 million a season for what Lang is doing so far is not that bad of payout.

Jagr is the one that needs and should to go...If Ted eats half the Salary thats still 5.5 million off the payroll.

Id expect Gonchar to go before Lang (if Jagr cant be dealt) since he will be an RFA next season and the likelyhood of the Caps not signing him to a big deal with Jagr's contract.

As for the Kasparaitis thing...I dont that happening. Maybe Poti and something else.

Im tired of reading about it to be honest....I just hope GMGM can pull a good deal.

Gonchar is a wait and see situation. He will be an RFA after the season. In the new CBA he would likely be UFA eligible, but the market will be different. He could have gotten $9m in last years market. In a salary cap market he might be lucky to get $5m. Its hard to say. Gonchar has become a franchise quality player, though. At 29 he could play another 10 years. Unless Leonsis has a gun to his head, I don't see him forcing a trade of Gonchar. Lang could be traded, because they will be able to absorb a big contract after their old players retire. But, will they offer anything of keeping. The key to all of this is the disposition of Jagr's contract. He will either be traded this season or will be bought out before the next season with the new cba. the current buyout rate is 2/3. That would be a $23m pay off. but if that represents the season loses and would be the last season of those kind of loses, I think its done in a heart beat. That is also the figure that the Caps will use to determine how far they will go in terms of picking up part of Jagr's contract and taking on contracts from the trading partner.

guilz 11-18-2003 07:52 AM

if the Caps move Jagr, Lindros will be involve
 
how about
Jagr+Halpern+Battaglia
for
Lindros+Kovalev

discostu 11-18-2003 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
Gonchar is a wait and see situation. He will be an RFA after the season. In the new CBA he would likely be UFA eligible, but the market will be different

The new CBA will only come into effect on Sept. 15, 2004. That means the free agency status will be determine solely from the current CBA. Gonchar will remain an RFA this summer, regardless of what happens with the new CBA.

#37-#93-#27* 11-18-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guilz
how about
Jagr+Halpern+Battaglia
for
Lindros+Kovalev

How about <b>no.</b>

Why would we trade two of our better players that are not a burden financially for three POS players.

btmarshall 11-18-2003 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Sure the contract runs past the expiration of the CBA but they save about 37M dollars by exchanging Jagr with Kasparaitis' contract.

The Caps are in no position to be making demands in this case. If they can move Jagr's contract and save 37M in the process (all the while receiving a serviceable defenseman) they would jump at it.

The proposed trade could really be seen as this:

Jagr for Kasparaitis and $37M.


Wait, Jagr and his entire salary, in exchange for Kasparaitis? The Caps don't pick up any of the Jagr contract?

That the Caps would do in a second. I thought this was still predicated on the Caps eating part of the contract. If all $55 million become the Rangers' responsibility, then certainly, that deal is fine for the Caps.

However, Sather is not offering that deal. Sather wants the Caps to pick up contract. I suspect the Caps will take Kasparaitis or eat salary, but not both.

Incidentally, I do not think the Caps will be able to trade Jagr at all, for all five remaining years, which is why I'd expect to see Lang, Kolzig, Bondra and Gonchar traded instead. Not good for fans, but worse for Leonsis, who will have to reap what he has sown.

txpd 11-18-2003 11:36 AM

well...that's a first. someone referring to Lindros as not being a financial burden. He is getting $9m when he hits his game played bonus. that's not a burden? Lindros at $9m makes Jagr's contract look like good value.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-18-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
well...that's a first. someone referring to Lindros as not being a financial burden. He is getting $9m when he hits his game played bonus. that's not a burden? Lindros at $9m makes Jagr's contract look like good value.

Lindros' contract is over at the end of the season. And last I looked being on the hook for $9 million (actually less since players have already been paid this season) is a heck of a lot less than being responsible for nearly $55 million. Plus the fact that Lindros is playing for his next contract, while Jagr is simply playing out the string.

Evil Sather 11-18-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
well...that's a first. someone referring to Lindros as not being a financial burden. He is getting $9m when he hits his game played bonus. that's not a burden? Lindros at $9m makes Jagr's contract look like good value.

No, 9 million for the New York Rangers is not a burden. His point was, why trade 2 guys that arguably the Rangers need and arguably their #1 C and #1 RW for a Right Winger nobody wants, a Center who although I like hasn't been the same since the Caps playoff run, and a guy who was traded twice in the past two years and has 3rd line written all over him?

Edited for clarity.

JR#9* 11-18-2003 12:43 PM

Why can't Cap fans get it through their heads that Jagr has negative value at this point.

He is locked up for 5 yrs at 55 million, he has absolutely quit on his team and there is far from a guarentee if not a good chance that he'll do the same on whatever team he may go to next, and with the uncertainty of the new CBA the guy is just IMPOSSIBLE to move.

The potential reward is so far eclisped by the risk that you guys have practiacly no other options other than either buying him out, paying a large, and I mean LARGE postion of his contract to facilitate a trade, or they can dump guys like Gonchar, Bondra Lang or whoever and keep Jagr but to me that is crazy as he is causing a debacle down there with his sulking and his unispired play so to me the Caps have to suck it up and cut their losses now and make good on a mistake.

It will be costly but they have to rid themselves or Jagr whatever way they can and being that everybody knows this as well as all the baggage and contract I still find it amusing that Cap fans are looking for some sort of value, ANY value going the other way.

CapitalsCupFantasy 11-18-2003 01:18 PM

Why can't Rangers fans get it through their heads?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
Why can't Cap fans get it through their heads that Jagr has negative value at this point.

Lol wait, so in your reality...We have to pay what...1/2 or more of his contract just to get someone to take Jagr? Sure...that'll happen if you throw in some quality prospects or nhl ready players. You want $25 mill...and Jagr? You gotta give something up. That fact is Jagr has not been badmouthing anyone in the media. Yes he sulks, yes there is friction between he and the coach. A lot of that would be resolved if we didn't have the worst defense in the league and the team was winning.

If Ted pays $15mill, that makes Jagr an $8 mill a year player. He's more than worth that IMO. My god, he's still got talent. He hasn't lost that. Put him in a situation where he's not the savior, and the team isn't ripe with internal strife like the Caps are, and I think Jagr plays well again. Nobody pisses away that kind of $$ without getting something in return. As far as buying Jagr out...don't see that happening. Not that Ted might not try, I just don't think Jagr (if he's smart) would take a buyout. He'll never recoup the $$. Even Jagr who has "given up" according to you, still would be leading the Rangers in scoring. LOL

L.I.RangerFan 11-18-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanwon
Lol wait, so in your reality...We have to pay what...1/2 or more of his contract just to get someone to take Jagr? Sure...that'll happen if you throw in some quality prospects or nhl ready players. You want $25 mill...and Jagr? You gotta give something up. That fact is Jagr has not been badmouthing anyone in the media. Yes he sulks, yes there is friction between he and the coach. A lot of that would be resolved if we didn't have the worst defense in the league and the team was winning.

If Ted pays $15mill, that makes Jagr an $8 mill a year player. He's more than worth that IMO. My god, he's still got talent. He hasn't lost that. Put him in a situation where he's not the savior, and the team isn't ripe with internal strife like the Caps are, and I think Jagr plays well again. Nobody pisses away that kind of $$ without getting something in return. As far as buying Jagr out...don't see that happening. Not that Ted might not try, I just don't think Jagr (if he's smart) would take a buyout. He'll never recoup the $$. Even Jagr who has "given up" according to you, still would be leading the Rangers in scoring. LOL


Then Washington can keep him. We can lose easy enough without him and his albatross of a contract and bad attitude.

Bacchus 11-18-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarface
League would not allow any team to send that much $$$ in a trade, the pens i believe received the maximum allowed they traded Jagr to Capitals, it was 4million i believe.

So if your gonna talk about money involved in a trade, talk with some sense.

The Capitals are trying to unload quite a few players..

Lang i'd keep but the others i'd trade.

Olaf Kolzig and Jaromir Jagr + 4million and Capitals 3rd pick in 2004 to the New York Rangers.

Going to the Capitals...thats what i need help with.

Who are the Rangers willing to let go of?

Nedved?
Lundmark?
Lundqvist?
Tyutin?
Carter?

I hope Slats isn't going after Jagr...

But if he is, one player he'd probably want to let go of is Kasparaitis (and his contract). Other big contract is Holik but I don't think he'll trade him.
Then we have Carter and Poti who seem to be available.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.