HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Edm-Nas Rumour off Spector's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29066)

FacelessButcher 11-18-2003 02:19 AM

Edm-Nas Rumour off Spector's

My thanks to "Snepts For PM" for the following regarding the Nashville Predators: "A friend in the Nashville Predators General Manager's office told me this
morning that multiple deals are imminent. GM David Poile said publicly last week that "the next six games likely will determine who stays and who goes,"and the names dropped this morning are D Dan Hamhuis, D Tomas Kloucek and DJamie Allison. Here's where my jaw dropped - only wingers Scott Hartnell,Scott Walker and D Marek Zidlicky are deemed "untouchable" by Predators management. Either forward Denis Arkhipov or C David Legwand appear to be heading to Edmonton in a multi-player swap that would include hold-out C Mike Comrie. Edmonton-born C Vernon Fiddler was originally proposed by Poile in a smaller deal, but a swap with "much bigger names" is close to being finalized.

Aside from Arkhipov and Legwand, Oilers GM Kevin Lowe apparently covets
Preds starting G Tomas Vokoun, but with a 2.60 GAA and a .904 save %, my
buddy said Poile "would rather put his balls in a sling" than package his
starter in any deal.

oooooooooh :eek: :D let's hope for Hamhuis of course Legwand or Suter would not hurt my feelings either.

Safir* 11-18-2003 02:52 AM

Comrie to the Predators for Legwand and a little extra in return.

Seems to me a pretty good deal for both teams. Comrie a good and solid NHL scorer.

Legwand could use some scenery change for sure. With Nashville defence first game plan, Leggy wasn't the right player, especially with his short comings on defence (albeit he's working to combat those). Therefore he should fit nicely with the Oilers speed offense.

Oilers fans don't burn me alive, if I said anything wrong about the Oilers game plan. :)

Yanner39 11-18-2003 02:57 AM

Getting Legwand in a deal for MC. Yeah I'm in. I've always liked Legwand and I think he could be a good addition to the Oilers. As far as getting another player for Comrie, I don't know. Alot of people over value Comrie IMO. It's great know that with the addition of Oates, the Oilers can pick and chose.

EDIT: That being said, I am always weary of rumors that start from a "friend of the General Manager's office." I never new the position of "friend" existed in a hockey organization. ;)

Safir* 11-18-2003 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Getting Legwand in a deal for MC. Yeah I'm in. I've always liked Legwand and I think he could be a good addition to the Oilers. As far as getting another player for Comrie, I don't know. Alot of people over value Comrie IMO. It's great know that with the addition of Oates, the Oilers can pick and chose.

Wait a second. With Oates, York, Horcoff and Reasoner aren't the Oilers set at Center?

Maybe Lowe should opt for one the Nashville D-man. Hamhuis or Klouchek.

Lot's of possibilities, but the Preds and the Oil would make good trade partners.

rabi_sultan 11-18-2003 03:04 AM

no problem TomACE we don't have a defence so don't worry about calling the Oilers on that.

As for a deal I would like to see something along the lines of Comrie, Horcoff and Laraque out for Hamhuis and Legwand in.

I think that's undervalue for the Preds but maybe something like that.

Legwand on the fourth line with Izzy?

smyth-oates-hemsky
torres-york-dvorak
moreau-reasoner-pisani
isbister-legwand-selmo/stoll/chimera

looks like a great lineup, finally we'll have some forwards left over to put on the point thereby making igor a happy bunny :D

G-Double 11-18-2003 03:10 AM

legwand on the 4th line? my god, if you want him to use his speed and fominate a game like he can he needs to be playing with wingers that have scoring ability.

I'm going to use a hypothetical, straight up trade/.

Smyth-Oates-Salmo
Torres-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Legwand-Hemsky
RPM or SPM until R is back

The top three lines play as much time as they warrant in the specific game. Legwand has the speed and finishing ability to compliment someone like Hemsky, he also has the defensive awareness to cover for him.

FacelessButcher 11-18-2003 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
no problem TomACE we don't have a defence so don't worry about calling the Oilers on that.

As for a deal I would like to see something along the lines of Comrie, Horcoff and Laraque out for Hamhuis and Legwand in.

I think that's undervalue for the Preds but maybe something like that.

Legwand on the fourth line with Izzy?

smyth-oates-hemsky
torres-york-dvorak
moreau-reasoner-pisani
isbister-legwand-selmo/stoll/chimera

looks like a great lineup, finally we'll have some forwards left over to put on the point thereby making igor a happy bunny :D

Nashville needs more offense and has Rem the Gem playing on the 2nd line I think it will be Comrie + one of our top 6 who can play Lw for hopefully Legwand+Hamhuis. Just Comrie straight up for Hamhuis would totally work for me, I have my doubts as to whether or not it would work for Nashville.

rabi_sultan 11-18-2003 03:29 AM

The only top 6 forward I can think of that has any chance of being moved IMO is Isbister, no way do the Oilers deal Hemsky, Smyth, Dvorak or York (and Oates) which leaves Izzy. Why would they want to do that? Instead I think one of or maybe both Horcoff and Chimera gets traded to Nashville with Comrie to get the untouchable (supposedly) Legwand and Hamhuis. Woud the preds do that though?

triggrman 11-18-2003 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
Comrie to the Predators for Legwand and a little extra in return.

Seems to me a pretty good deal for both teams. Comrie a good and solid NHL scorer.

Legwand could use some scenery change for sure. With Nashville defence first game plan, Leggy wasn't the right player, especially with his short comings on defence (albeit he's working to combat those). Therefore he should fit nicely with the Oilers speed offense.

Oilers fans don't burn me alive, if I said anything wrong about the Oilers game plan. :)

Legwand is a great defense player, in fact he's our best defensive center man. If you think he struggled with Nashville's defense first plan why in earth would Comrie excel? Also, Nashville is really thin on talented 2 way defensemen this year, Hamhuis won't be going anywhere, Kloucek maybe but not Hamhuis. Also why do we need Comrie? I don't know if you've noticed but scoring goals isn't our problem, preventing them with our young defensive group has been, so unless a deal included a good defenseman it's not going to happen.

Safir* 11-18-2003 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Legwand is a great defense player, in fact he's our best defensive center man. If you think he struggled with Nashville's defense first plan why in earth would Comrie excel? Also, Nashville is really thin on talented 2 way defensemen this year, Hamhuis won't be going anywhere, Kloucek maybe but not Hamhuis. Also why do we need Comrie? I don't know if you've noticed but scoring goals isn't our problem, preventing them with our young defensive group has been, so unless a deal included a good defenseman it's not going to happen.

TSN's take on Legwand:
Flaws: Needs to add more muscle to his 6-2 frame and avoid the injury bug. Must continue to work on his defensive game.

triggrman 11-18-2003 04:10 AM

Quote:

TSN's take on Legwand:
Flaws: Needs to add more muscle to his 6-2 frame and avoid the injury bug. Must continue to work on his defensive game.

They've had that same description up for 3 years, good source.

Oiltalk 11-18-2003 04:10 AM

Legwand wouldn't be coming to the Oilers for the simple reason that he wouldn't have a place to play. Can't have a guy like him playing on the 4th line. Any deal would more likely be Comrie+Chimera/Rita for a top 4 dman, and a young prospect that will either play in the AHL for the year or have some 4th line duties.

triggrman 11-18-2003 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Legwand wouldn't be coming to the Oilers for the simple reason that he wouldn't have a place to play. Can't have a guy like him playing on the 4th line. Any deal would more likely be Comrie+Chimera/Rita for a top 4 dman, and a young prospect that will either play in the AHL for the year or have some 4th line duties.

Again, Nashville cannot afford to loose any talent on it's blueline right now. The only defensemen that might be moved would be Kloucek, Brookbank or Allison. Arkhipov would be the more likely center to be moved.

Yanner39 11-18-2003 04:17 AM

Quote:

Wait a second. With Oates, York, Horcoff and Reasoner aren't the Oilers set at Center?

Maybe Lowe should opt for one the Nashville D-man. Hamhuis or Klouchek.

Lot's of possibilities, but the Preds and the Oil would make good trade partners.

Well, I don't anticipate Oates being an Oiler for a long time. It's a great signing by K.lo but it's just for the short term. I agree with York and Reasonner, but I'm not sold on Horcoff. They gave him a good raise in the summer, and I think they expected more from him. If they can get Legwand, they should jump on it.

FacelessButcher 11-18-2003 04:21 AM

Quote:

Again, Nashville cannot afford to loose any talent on it's blueline right now. The only defensemen that might be moved would be Kloucek, Brookbank or Allison. Arkhipov would be the more likely center to be moved.

How's Kloucek's knee? and how are you going to fit Upshall into your line-up(who comes out and where does he go in?)?

triggrman 11-18-2003 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
How's Kloucek's knee? and how are you going to fit Upshall into your line-up(who comes out and where does he go in?)?

Kloucek's knee is fine, no he's out with a shoulder injury. And I have no idea where Upshall will fit in the line-up, right now, he still needs to add some weight to be an effective NHLer, I could see Upshall being moved, especially before Hamhuis, Suter or Legwand. I just don't know if Comrie would make it with Nashville's system, maybe if he was moved to wing, I still don't know.

FacelessButcher 11-18-2003 04:33 AM

Quote:

Kloucek's knee is fine, no he's out with a shoulder injury. And I have no idea where Upshall will fit in the line-up, right now, he still needs to add some weight to be an effective NHLer, I could see Upshall being moved, especially before Hamhuis, Suter or Legwand. I just don't know if Comrie would make it with Nashville's system, maybe if he was moved to wing, I still don't know.

Couldn't Arkhipov move to the wing? Arkhipov-Comrie-Orszagh?

triggrman 11-18-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Couldn't Arkhipov move to the wing? Arkhipov-Comrie-Orszagh?

Trotz likes his centers to play both ways, Arkhipov's size gives him an instant advantage in that area, although an Erat-Comrie-Orszagh line would be fun to watch. I don't know if you all have seen Erat lately but this kid is on fire right now. The last few games he's been one of our better players.

Mr Sakich 11-18-2003 05:18 AM

i posted this last night. IMO, the oates signing is the end of isbister in edmonton. There is no way the oilers can afford a 2.2 mill 4th liner. It is becomming very clear that the oilers were after torres in the janne deal and izzy was the throw-in. Proof of this was the torres contract BEFORE the season started.

The preds have to do something. This is a team on the verge of becomming irelevant in their home-town. They need a true #1 scoring centre and no team can be successfull with rem murray on their 2nd line.

izzy + comrie for legwand and hamhuis

smyth - legwand - york
torres - oates - devo
ethan - reasoner/stoll - pisani
hemsky - horcoff - laraque

brewer - cross
smith - hamhuis
staios - semenov
bergie

FacelessButcher 11-18-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sakich

Nashville is even tighter than us so they won't want a 2million contract and that's a pure robbery in favour of Edmonton trade value-wise. I think Izzy will stay his value is too low and we can raise it by keeping him.

triggrman 11-18-2003 05:31 AM

Quote:

i posted this last night. IMO, the oates signing is the end of isbister in edmonton. There is no way the oilers can afford a 2.2 mill 4th liner. It is becomming very clear that the oilers were after torres in the janne deal and izzy was the throw-in. Proof of this was the torres contract BEFORE the season started.

The preds have to do something. This is a team on the verge of becomming irelevant in their home-town. They need a true #1 scoring centre and no team can be successfull with rem murray on their 2nd line.

smyth - legwand - york
torres - oates - devo

brewer - cross
smith - hamhuis
staios - semenov
bergie

Murray is only playing on the second line due to injuries to Waker and Johansson. And IMHO Legwand is more of a first line center than Comrie.

Oiltalk 11-18-2003 05:37 AM

Quote:

smyth - legwand - york
torres - oates - devo

brewer - cross
smith - hamhuis
staios - semenov
bergie

Isbister isn't going anywhere this season. Lowe is going to hold on to him for a season at least. He gave up so much to get him that there is no way he is leaving this fast.

Oiltalk 11-18-2003 05:40 AM

GIVE US ZIDLICKY!!!!! :o Man that would be a dream for the Oilers. Finally would have a dman to put up some good numbers. :D

triggrman 11-18-2003 05:46 AM

Really you guys we're very thin on defense, remember we dropped Hulse, Houlder, Delmore and Skrastins in the off season and now Schnabel and Kloucek are both out. Allison, Kloucek or Brookbank would be the only defensemen we could afford to loose without getting an equal defenseman back. So you can forget Eaton, Kimmo, York, Zidlicky, Hamhuis or Schnabel for now.

Seachd 11-18-2003 06:05 AM

Man, if you can get Legwand - do it. And then throw in whatever you have to (within reason) to get Hamhuis too. Nashville might be thin on defense, but when the three "names being dropped" in trade rumours are d-men, you never know.

But nah, that would be too good to be true.