HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Montoya to start Tuesday againts Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=290711)

Son of Steinbrenner 09-18-2006 11:51 PM

Montoya to start Tuesday againts Devils

Staal is playing Tuesday night as well. (paired with Aaron Ward)

Here is the first game day article of the year..

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Tonight against the Devils, Al Montoya, who won 23 games for Hartford last season, and veteran Stephen Valiquette will split time in the nets. Last year's goaltending tandem of Henrik Lund.qvist and Kevin Weekes will dress for Tuesday's game at Madison Square Garden against the Devils, as will new forwards Brendan Shanahan and Matt Cullen. Left wing Nigel Dawes and centers Brandon Dubinsky and Dwight Helminen, who are vying for roster spots, are expected to play Tuesday night.

So we get to Shanahan and Cullen on TV Wed but not Dubinsky, Dawes, and Helminen. If Renney is going with two different lineups to start the pre-season does that mean we are seeing Dawes, Dubinsky, Montoya, and Helminen on Saturday againts Florida?

God, I love this time of year!!

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-18-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 6519851)

Tonight against the Devils, Al Montoya, who won 23 games for Hartford last season, and veteran Stephen Valiquette will split time in the nets. Last year's goaltending tandem of Henrik Lund.qvist and Kevin Weekes will dress for Tuesday's game at Madison Square Garden against the Devils, as will new forwards Brendan Shanahan and Matt Cullen. Left wing Nigel Dawes and centers Brandon Dubinsky and Dwight Helminen, who are vying for roster spots, are expected to play Tuesday night.

So we get to Shanahan and Cullen on TV Wed but not Dubinsky, Dawes, and Helminen. If Renney is going with two different lineups to start the pre-season does that mean we are seeing Dawes, Dubinsky, Montoya, and Helminen on Saturday againts Florida?

and its not on tv :madfire:

nyrmessier011 09-19-2006 12:31 AM

it miserably sucks that its not on tv, and its ridiculous that im even asking this, but is there a place to atleast listen to this. its amazing that its 2006 and im gonna have to settle to reading the box score of the first rangers game in 5 months.

FLYLine24 09-19-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 6519851)

Me and my friend just went...w.t.f.....lets get tickets to tomorrows game....so we just bought cheap $20 tickets. When i get back ill let you know how our players looked out there.

RothmanHockey 09-19-2006 01:32 AM

Unreal...

I just realized the San Juan game is blacked out here in New Haven County... that's a travashammockery that a preseason game gets the blackout treatment

Balej20* 09-19-2006 01:38 AM

Why does NewYorkRangers.com say the game is on MSG?

RothmanHockey 09-19-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 6520481)
Why does NewYorkRangers.com say the game is on MSG?

Must be a mistake, because I don't see it anywhere else as being a televised game.

Pizza 09-19-2006 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 6520242)
Me and my friend just went...w.t.f.....lets get tickets to tomorrows game....so we just bought cheap $20 tickets. When i get back ill let you know how our players looked out there.

Thanks Fly.

WheresBarnaby 09-19-2006 06:36 AM

I just checked the IO box and MSG.com, I'm not showing anything listed except Rangers in 10, today. Wednsday they have Rangers vs Devils preseason listed 7-9:30. So it doesn't look like it's being aired.

DarthSather99 09-19-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6519906)
and its not on tv :madfire:

For years now the Rangers historically rarely show their best prospects playing on TV. It is usually the veterans. Not sure why that is, it just is. Expect Dawes, Dubinsky, Staal and others to be playing almost all the non televised games.

Horizon 09-19-2006 11:19 AM

Maybe its listed on FSNY? Wouldn't it be a Devils broadcast?

Fletch 09-19-2006 11:20 AM

It's because...

they televise home games, typically, and later in the preseason, you may catch one on another channel. While they'd like to win each game, teams typically dress their best players for the home town crowd.

Glad to see Montoya get a shot - I assume Lundqvist will be in nets tomorrow night.

I Am Chariot 09-19-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99 (Post 6522020)
For years now the Rangers historically rarely show their best prospects playing on TV. It is usually the veterans. Not sure why that is, it just is. Expect Dawes, Dubinsky, Staal and others to be playing almost all the non televised games.

It's Broadway.The Marquee players will always get the nod at MSG

CM Lundqvist 09-19-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleandshoot (Post 6522348)
It's Broadway.The Marquee players will always get the nod at MSG

Well said.

FLYLine24 09-19-2006 01:12 PM

These are the lines that played together in todays practice

Adam Hall-Blair Betts-Marcel Hossa
Nigel Dawes-Brandon Dubinsky-Jason Ward
Francis Lessard-Ryan Hollweg-Lee Falardeau
Lauri Korpikoski-Dwight Helminen-Hugh Jessiman

Darius Kasparitis - Martin Richter
Marc Staal - Aaron Ward

Pay no attention to the order they are in, Sam Weinman just copied them down fast.

Valiquette and Lundqvist were the goalies (Montoya probably is resting up before the game)

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Levitate 09-19-2006 01:26 PM

the Dawes, Dubinsky, Ward line seems to be one they're sticking with early on here

Alison 09-19-2006 01:30 PM

The game is on center ice tonight.

Fletch 09-19-2006 01:40 PM

Which game is on Center Ice?

if it's not on FSNY or MSG, then it's not being televised, so there wouldn't be a feed for Center Ice, I'd presume.

frozenrubber 09-19-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison (Post 6523328)
The game is on center ice tonight.

Please explain. Everything seems to contradict this. Will the game actually be televised? I know the MSG one will.

HockeyBasedNYC 09-19-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 6523285)
the Dawes, Dubinsky, Ward line seems to be one they're sticking with early on here

Yes, ive noticed that too... Possible 4th line for the season?

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Cullen - Shanny
Hollweg - Betts - Hall
Dawes - Dubinsky - Ward

So many combos, just a thought.

ChrisKreider20 09-19-2006 02:14 PM

Is Jagr 100% yet?

Levitate 09-19-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 6523685)
Yes, ive noticed that too... Possible 4th line for the season?

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Cullen - Shanny
Hollweg - Betts - Hall
Dawes - Dubinsky - Ward

So many combos, just a thought.

Kinda seems like a waste for a 4th line...

NYR fan 2 09-19-2006 02:40 PM

I am going tonight as well, FLY. Free tickets from my club team (NJ Colonials). Section 128.

Jackson Ranger 09-19-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 6523938)
I am going tonight as well, FLY. Free tickets from my club team (NJ Colonials). Section 128.

I'll be there as well, Section 212.

FLYLine24 09-19-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 6523938)

Ill look for you, the place is probably going to be empty so it shouldn't be hard. Ill be wearing my Tyutin jersey. Im in the 200's somewhere (the cheapest seats) but I should easily be able to move down somewhere.