HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TSN's 6 cities in 6 days (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=291157)

Moester 09-20-2006 07:53 AM

TSN's 6 cities in 6 days

I just saw TSN's report on Montreal. Something struck me as odd which is that they said that the Kovalev-Ribeiro-Samsonov line was said to be the new #1 line by Carboneau. Which I'd never heard before. I always thought it to be the second line...If that's true then we have our new first line centre Mike Ribero...

I also expected more from the TSN report, it was really contrived this year, lasted barely two minutes and basically predicted that Montreal will be struggling to make 8th in the east...saying that Montreal hasn't gotten better over the off-season and that we haven't evolved over the past few years.

I think that the report is wrong, we have as much chance as anyone to be anywhere between 5th and 8th. I'm convinced that Montreal will be in playoffs this year.

HomaridII 09-20-2006 07:58 AM

Don't even waste your time with that "report"... after all the one giving the opinions was TSN's hockey expert "Darren Dreger" .. honestly, what da @#@# does Darren Dreger know about hockey and since when is he a "hockey expert"...I would even listen to what Pierre Mcgwire has to say before that guy... seriously

bayrider 09-20-2006 10:37 AM

as long as Ribeiro is centering Samsonov and Kovalev, that line will never be the #1 line.

Habs4Lyfe 09-20-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 6531811)
"... after all the one giving the opinions was TSN's hockey expert "Darren Dreger"

I thought Michael Whalen was TSN's Montreal correspondant :dunno:

HomaridII 09-20-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe (Post 6532755)
I thought Michael Whalen was TSN's Montreal correspondant :dunno:

He just did the report, the one that said Montreal is swimming uphill....

AH 09-20-2006 11:22 AM

Did thay talk about how TSN has become worse this off-season with the additions of Domi and Dreger?

Evil Ted 09-20-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 6532784)
He just did the report, the one that said Montreal is swimming uphill....

Treading water I think he said and its somewhat true we usually scrape into the playoffs and again this year I doubt it will be differnt, we will just make it into the playoffs and I wouldnt be surprised if we missed it either.

David_99 09-20-2006 11:55 AM

I don't know if anyone noticed but there were 2 reports done. I watched on last night that had the M. Whalen report with it. Darren's report was very short basically saying we'd be just keeping our head above water and it was over. Then there was a slightly longer one today with new footage (Gui's penalty shot, I believe). Basically said the same thing but it was longer. Sounded slightly more positive then last nights.

I just find it funny they didn't mention the rookies(except Lats of course). They basically made it sound like the Habs aren't going anywhere soon. All they added was Samsonov. They didn't mention Johnson or all the rookies fighting for spots. Nothing about how so many habs gained weight. It didn't look like they did too much research. Everything was basically obvious as if they just read the headlines the past summer and gave a recap on that.

Edit: You can bet they'll be talking indepth all about the Leafs rookies

Shabutie 09-20-2006 12:19 PM

You guys do know that Ribs' line last year was the 1b? The Koivu line usually had as many minutes as the Ribs line (sometimes less, sometimes more). I'm thinking Carbo will do the same thing that Gainey did (1a, 1b).

Adriatic 09-20-2006 12:48 PM

Darren Dreger is such a tool. I never heard so many cliches uttered in a one minute span like I did during his "analysis" last night! You could actually see in his eyes how proud he was to use them. He looks and talks like a robot..can't believe he's gonna be on TSN every night.

CareyClutch 09-20-2006 01:04 PM

so here in montreal we have...a #1 center who play with 2 2nd line guys and we have a second line center who played with 2 first line winger???:dunno:

GaineysRightHandMan 09-20-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 6533705)
so here in montreal we have...a #1 center who play with 2 2nd line guys and we have a second line center who played with 2 first line winger???:dunno:

Works better I think than putting all your eggs into 1 line like Canucks are going to do. With Sedins and Naslund on line 1, line 2 won't have much of a punch. I like a good 1-2 punch instead of a heavier 1 punch.

LeMAD 09-20-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 6533705)

Samsonov a first line winger??

Moester 09-20-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 6534831)

I think so, especially if he's got someone to feed the puck to him. For some reason I think he'll do better this year than last I'm hoping to see him put up 65-70 points this year.

CareyClutch 09-20-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMAD (Post 6534831)

2000-01 Boston NHL 82 29 46 75

he got the potential ( he played with allison and guerin this year)

CLEGHORN 09-20-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach Boy (Post 6533567)
Darren Dreger is such a tool. I never heard so many cliches uttered in a one minute span like I did during his "analysis" last night! You could actually see in his eyes how proud he was to use them. He looks and talks like a robot..can't believe he's gonna be on TSN every night.

As bad as he is,i think TSN's newest guy will be the worst ever.Tahir Domi.