HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=291201)

Acadmus 09-20-2006 10:12 AM

Panthers Prospect Tracker 2006-2007
 
With the post that Frolik has scored 4 points in his first two games for Rimouski, it's time to start the new tracker thread so kind souls (such as Crossbar;) )will have a single place to post about the efforts of our prospects and any news regarding them.

A sticky, if you will, Heimy or Ratman:)

hockeywinger 09-22-2006 05:23 AM

Nice article on Dan Collins
 
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...128/SPORTS0103

Except draft year is incorrect.

J17 Vs Proclamation 10-02-2006 03:29 AM

Plante didn't get the shutout recorded i think. We need Crossbar back.

McArdle has 8 points in 5 games with 33 Penalty minutes, so by the sounds of it he played well. Calla hasn't got off to a great start offensively. Frolik hasn't played since we were last updated on his progress, i guess that shoulder injury was more serious than let on.
Caruso has 2 points in 4 games.

Collins has 7 points in 5 games for the Whalers. Scouts have said he had all the tools to be a 1st rounder, but just didn't use all those tools day in day out, so it is good to see him starting of well.

Couldn't find any info on the few guys we have at college still such as Bearson, Glass, Bagnall and im not surw where LaPoint is this year.

Did we give up the rights to Pemberton and a few others? We seem to have even less prospects this year.

sabrefan27 10-02-2006 03:30 PM

With the Amerks roster set, this is what I have for opening night this Friday. I have a feeling some won't be pleased:

MacArthur - Sprukts - Stewart
Booth - Zagrapan - Stafford
Ryan - Kreps -Thorburn
Kaleta - Mancari

Scratches: Globke, Meyer, Jacina, Hunter.

Sekera - Semenov
Card - Smith
Funk - Vallin

Scratches: Strazzabosco, MacDonald.

Anderson
Dennis

Thewbacca 10-03-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 6636541)
With the Amerks roster set, this is what I have for opening night this Friday. I have a feeling some won't be pleased:

MacArthur - Sprukts - Stewart
Booth - Zagrapan - Stafford
Ryan - Kreps -Thorburn
Kaleta - Mancari

Scratches: Globke, Meyer, Jacina, Hunter.

Sekera - Semenov
Card - Smith
Funk - Vallin

Scratches: Strazzabosco, MacDonald.

Anderson
Dennis

Sprukts and Stewart starting on the first line? I think that's good. Only thing that sucks is Shantz development might slow down if he doesn't get to play in any key AHL games.

Acadmus 10-03-2006 07:43 AM

I'm more disappointed to see MacDonald scratched - it's almost worse than being demoted to the Everblades for him to not play at all. Is Card one of ours? Anyway, at least two dmen, Semenov on the top pairing (let's hope that isn't a waste) and Vallin on the back pair. Also, there's one player missing - only 11 forwards and still just 6 dmen? And the Cats have 4 forwards 1 goalie and 2 dmen for just 7 prospects playing (out of 10 roster spots) so I hope the last missing player is at least a Panther.

PanthersRule96 10-03-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses (Post 6642293)
I'm more disappointed to see MacDonald scratched - it's almost worse than being demoted to the Everblades for him to not play at all. Is Card one of ours? Anyway, at least two dmen, Semenov on the top pairing (let's hope that isn't a waste) and Vallin on the back pair. Also, there's one player missing - only 11 forwards and still just 6 dmen? And the Cats have 4 forwards 1 goalie and 2 dmen for just 7 prospects playing (out of 10 roster spots) so I hope the last missing player is at least a Panther.

Yeah, disappointing to see MacDonald there especially considering the way he's been hyped up lately as he scored a goal and then 2 goals in a shootout in a 4-3 SO game the other day I think. Vallin on the 3rd pairing suprises me, I expected to see him on the top pairing. It's good to see Booth on the second line and him playing with Zagrapan should be good as Zagrapan is a very skilled forward so Booth will be relied on to use his physical play and all-round game to compliment that. Meyer being scratched sucks, I mean of all the players there I'd think he'd be very fit to play at least a 4th line role on the team, Globke couldn't even make the lineup in the AHL, talk about a bust lol.

sabrefan27 10-03-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses (Post 6642293)
I'm more disappointed to see MacDonald scratched - it's almost worse than being demoted to the Everblades for him to not play at all. Is Card one of ours? Anyway, at least two dmen, Semenov on the top pairing (let's hope that isn't a waste) and Vallin on the back pair. Also, there's one player missing - only 11 forwards and still just 6 dmen? And the Cats have 4 forwards 1 goalie and 2 dmen for just 7 prospects playing (out of 10 roster spots) so I hope the last missing player is at least a Panther.

The AHL plays with only 11 forwards so I'm not missing anyone. Florida does have less players in the lineup, but I've never read anything to suggest that there needs to be a certain number of players from each team in the game night lineup.

Alos, remember these are only my predictions on the lineup and lines. Cunneyworth could go with something completely different, although I wouldn't be able to understand why.

Acadmus 10-03-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 6643511)
The AHL plays with only 11 forwards so I'm not missing anyone. Florida does have less players in the lineup, but I've never read anything to suggest that there needs to be a certain number of players from each team in the game night lineup.

Alos, remember these are only my predictions on the lineup and lines. Cunneyworth could go with something completely different, although I wouldn't be able to understand why.

Ah - when you said "what I have" I misunderstood this to mean what you saw in camp.

Never knew about the 11 forwards in the AHL - why do they go with such an odd roster?

I know by now the Panthers aren't guaranteed more than 10 roster spots, which I believe they have, but I'm still disappointed that they're ending up with no more players than last year in the Amerks' lineup.

J17 Vs Proclamation 10-03-2006 01:06 PM

Isn't to bad, the only player who should play is Meyer. That is where having a dual affliate freakin sucks. He may not be a top prospect, but he is a good prospect and in his second pro year he should be playing in the AHL.

Not suprised by Shantz, we all knew it would happen. Shantz's development >> Anderson, but meh.

pelts35.com 10-03-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 6644841)
Isn't to bad, the only player who should play is Meyer. That is where having a dual affliate freakin sucks. He may not be a top prospect, but he is a good prospect and in his second pro year he should be playing in the AHL.

Not suprised by Shantz, we all knew it would happen. Shantz's development >> Anderson, but meh.

One season in the ECHL may very well do Shantz some good. Needless to say he will get a lot of playing time, which is a positive thing.

Chaos2k7 10-03-2006 03:05 PM

Might have one extra spot...
 
Pens claim Thorburn from Sabres

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/2057.0.php

Does this mean, Meyer, Jacina, or Globke get a chance now?

:yo:

sabrefan27 10-03-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHaos2k (Post 6646162)
Pens claim Thorburn from Sabres

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/2057.0.php

Does this mean, Meyer, Jacina, or Globke get a chance now?

:yo:

No because Paille was sent down.

allin4466 10-06-2006 10:08 PM

Tyler Plante looked spectacular out there tonight, making 45 saves in a 4-3 win. Rebound control was much improved since the loss to Calgary, and he bailed Brandon out big time in the 2nd and 3rd as they were playing at 5 on 3 for a bit each period.

Crossbar 10-07-2006 01:18 AM

Sorry guys, someone should try and take over the stat/game updates......I can't seem to find any time to sit down and do them anymore.

BTW, Rochester won 6-0 tonight against Albany!

Anderson got the shutout with 21 saves, 3rd star
Sprukts - (1g-1a-2pts), plus-2, 2 SOG, 0 PIM
Jacina - (2g-0a-2pts), plus-2, 2 SOG, 5 PIM (fight vs. McLeod), SHG
Lojek - (0g-1a-1pt), plus-4, 2 SOG, 2 PIM
Semenov - (0g-0a-0pts), plus-3, 1 SOG, 2 PIM
Vallin - (0g-0a-0pts), plus-1, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Stewart - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 0 SOG, 0 PIM
Kreps - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 1 SOG, 0 PIM
Booth - (0g-0a-0pts), even-0, 2 SOG, 0 PIM

Rattrick 10-07-2006 08:45 AM

Is anyone here starting to think that Stewart might be looking like a bust. I'm not necessarily saying that he is right now, but he seems to be leaning that way. I think more than anything else, it's just a motivation thing. Whenever I see him play, he has floater written all over him.

Thewbacca 10-07-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 6688379)
Is anyone here starting to think that Stewart might be looking like a bust. I'm not necessarily saying that he is right now, but he seems to be leaning that way. I think more than anything else, it's just a motivation thing. Whenever I see him play, he has floater written all over him.

yepper. maybe not a complete "never play in the NHL" bust but still a bust. max would be a physical third liner. but it seems Sprukts might actually do really well in the AHL.

sabrefan27 10-07-2006 03:11 PM

Stewart was a dominant force last night. Don't judge him by all the 0's.

PanthersFanatic12 10-08-2006 07:44 PM

PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
Booth LW 0 1 +1 1 0
Lojek, D 0 0 +2 0 4
Semenov D 0 0 +2 1 0
Jacina RW 1 1 +2 0 0
Stewart RW 0 0 +1 1 2
Kreps, C 0 0 +1 2 2
MacDonald D 0 1 -1 2 0
Sprukts C 0 1 -1 0 0
Anderson 17 saves
Amerks win 6-3

PanthersRule96 10-08-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 (Post 6703313)
PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
Booth LW 0 1 +1 1 0
Lojek, D 0 0 +2 0 4
Semenov D 0 0 +2 1 0
Jacina RW 1 1 +2 0 0
Stewart RW 0 0 +1 1 2
Kreps, C 0 0 +1 2 2
MacDonald D 0 1 -1 2 0
Sprukts C 0 1 -1 0 0
Anderson 17 saves
Amerks win 6-3

For whoever said Lojek was terrible in camp, I know it's a meaningless stat a lot of times but he's plus 6 or something like that in the first two games which is ridiculous. How's Lojek looked so far? And also, how has Sprukts looked as well? Thanks.

sabrefan27 10-08-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 (Post 6703968)
For whoever said Lojek was terrible in camp, I know it's a meaningless stat a lot of times but he's plus 6 or something like that in the first two games which is ridiculous. How's Lojek looked so far? And also, how has Sprukts looked as well? Thanks.

He looked awful in the preseason with guys walking around him, but Friday he looked pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, he just got rid of the puck quickly and played pretty good positionally.

I like Sprukts so far. Good skills. Made some real nice passes. He'll put up good numbers while he's here.

Chuck Schwartz 10-08-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 6632397)
Plante didn't get the shutout recorded i think. We need Crossbar back.

McArdle has 8 points in 5 games with 33 Penalty minutes, so by the sounds of it he played well. Calla hasn't got off to a great start offensively. Frolik hasn't played since we were last updated on his progress, i guess that shoulder injury was more serious than let on.
Caruso has 2 points in 4 games.

Collins has 7 points in 5 games for the Whalers. Scouts have said he had all the tools to be a 1st rounder, but just didn't use all those tools day in day out, so it is good to see him starting of well.

Couldn't find any info on the few guys we have at college still such as Bearson, Glass, Bagnall and im not surw where LaPoint is this year.

Did we give up the rights to Pemberton and a few others? We seem to have even less prospects this year.

LaPoint is playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He had a goal in his first game.

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...&seasonid=1336

J17 Vs Proclamation 10-09-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz (Post 6704566)
LaPoint is playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He had a goal in his first game.

http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...&seasonid=1336

Awesome, thanks man. Do you see LaPoint play? Would be cool if we could get a report on how he is getting on every so often.

Buddhaa 10-09-2006 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 6704043)
He looked awful in the preseason with guys walking around him, but Friday he looked pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, he just got rid of the puck quickly and played pretty good positionally.

I like Sprukts so far. Good skills. Made some real nice passes. He'll put up good numbers while he's here.

He is here to make it in the NHL, not AHL. I just hope he is given a proper chance, otherwise he will be gone back to Europe next year. He did really well in Finland, being one of the best players in the league. I think he is a little above the AHL level, but has to bump out an NHL regular to get a spot on Florida roster.

Chuck Schwartz 10-09-2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 6705681)
Awesome, thanks man. Do you see LaPoint play? Would be cool if we could get a report on how he is getting on every so often.


I'll see him once in a while.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.