HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who gets the boot when Schnabel comes back? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29143)

Joe T Choker 11-18-2003 09:17 AM

Who gets the boot when Schnabel comes back?

Its pretty certain that Timonen, Zidlicky, Eaton, Hamhuis, and York are all givens to stay with the team

Schnabel will be the 6th IMHO

and the 7th will be one of Kloucek, Allison or Brookbank

Give me your opinions of who goes and who stays.

barrytrotzsneck 11-18-2003 09:25 AM

ideally, i'd say a healthy kloucek, but since that doesn't look like it's going to happen....i'd go with brookbank...but only as a seventh d-man\enforcer role. i don't think he's even close to being ready to be a full-time dman

triggrman 11-18-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Its pretty certain that Timonen, Zidlicky, Eaton, Hamhuis, and York are all givens to stay with the team

Schnabel will be the 6th IMHO

and the 7th will be one of Kloucek, Allison or Brookbank

Give me your opinions of who goes and who stays.

As far as playing the 7th defenseman role, I'd prefer Brookbank.

PredsFan77* 11-18-2003 10:16 AM

Kloucek when there isn't a goon on the other teams bench, then I'd go with Brookbank, and please for the love of god send Allison down..

tulsytrid1 11-18-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Kloucek when there isn't a goon on the other teams bench, then I'd go with Brookbank, and please for the love of god send Allison down..

:yo: I agree with this.

triggrman 11-18-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
:yo: I agree with this.

Me too.

What I find funny is all of us, agreed in the off season, Kloucek would start over Hamhuis and Schnabel in fact most of us didn't want Schnabel up here, that was until the season started and we noticed he was everything Kloucek was supposed to be.....

tulsytrid1 11-18-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Me too.

What I find funny is all of us, agreed in the off season, Kloucek would start over Hamhuis and Schnabel in fact most of us didn't want Schnabel up here, that was until the season started and we noticed he was everything Kloucek was supposed to be.....

Yep he was definatley a crease clearing, physical D-man. Hope he recovers to 100% on what was a freak injury. Not as bad as Turcotte's famed injuries but still a freak one.

dulzhok 11-18-2003 10:40 AM

Iíd say itís up in the air. I think some people are getting too high on Schnabel too quick. Heís played in 3 games. Weíll see what he can do when he comes back.

I think Brookbank is a liability out there, even though he only plays a couple of minutes a night. He was a -2 in just over one minute of ice time against the Islanders. Sure, I like his fighting ability, but I think McKenzie can handle the enforcer role with support from Tootoo, Walker, Hartnell, possibly Kloucek and Schnabel, and hopefully not Allison.

Iím still not convinced that Hamhuis is ready to be a full-time NHLer. I still think we need a solid veteran in the mix. York just isnít cutting it right now.

tulsytrid1 11-18-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Iíd say itís up in the air. I think some people are getting too high on Schnabel too quick. Heís played in 3 games. Weíll see what he can do when he comes back.

I think Brookbank is a liability out there, even though he only plays a couple of minutes a night. He was a -2 in just over one minute of ice time against the Islanders. Sure, I like his fighting ability, but I think McKenzie can handle the enforcer role with support from Tootoo, Walker, Hartnell, possibly Kloucek and Schnabel, and hopefully not Allison.

Iím still not convinced that Hamhuis is ready to be a full-time NHLer. I still think we need a solid veteran in the mix. York just isnít cutting it right now.

I agree York has struggled a bit; however, he did miss training camp. Bad things happen to players who miss camp. He has looked better the last couple of games, so hopefully he is turning it around. As far as Shcnab is concerned, he looked great during pre-season too. I don't think people think he is a Scott Stevens; however, even though he only played a few games, he did look like a legit top 6 d-man...

dulzhok 11-18-2003 10:53 AM

Iím not sold on Comrie, but Iím also not sold on Lewgand. So itís hard to say who Iíd want at this point. I definitely think Comire is more offensively talented than Legwand, but sometimes I think his offense comes at expense of his defense. Also, Iím a little concerned about his salary demandsÖ not only for this year, but mainly in future years. At this point, I would be hesitant to do Lewgand for Comrie straight up. I would definitely consider Legwand for Comrie+.

biscuithead 11-18-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Iím not sold on Comrie, but Iím also not sold on Lewgand. So itís hard to say who Iíd want at this point. I definitely think Comire is more offensively talented than Legwand, but sometimes I think his offense comes at expense of his defense. Also, Iím a little concerned about his salary demandsÖ not only for this year, but mainly in future years. At this point, I would be hesitant to do Lewgand for Comrie straight up. I would definitely consider Legwand for Comrie+.

I think you got your threads confused there, dulzhok! :)

I'm not sold on Allison. Plus, there's absolutely NO potential there. His best days (for what they were) are probably behind him. Kloucek, Brookbank and Schnabel all have an upside, I think.

BluesConvert 11-18-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Give me your opinions of who goes...

Please, if there is a Hockey God in Hockey Heaven, let it be York and Allison

/bc

Radulov for Czar* 11-18-2003 02:20 PM

I wouldn't mind York sticking around for a while, but Allison MUST go..

darth5 11-18-2003 03:10 PM

Allison!

Joe T Choker 11-18-2003 03:14 PM

oops...I started the thread wrong...I should have said who do you want as our 7th dman when Schnabel gets back...doh

Jarnberg 11-18-2003 07:12 PM

Depends on how the team is doing when Schnabel gets back. If the team is playing good hockey don't throw him right back in.

I'm not sold on Schnabel either.

I think we should never speak the name of Allison on these boards.... ;)

biscuithead 11-19-2003 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
...I think we should never speak the name of Allison on these boards.... ;)

Allison=The one that shall not be named

darth5 11-19-2003 07:13 AM

...reminds me of the Knights who, until recently, said NII!

BluesConvert 11-19-2003 08:13 AM

Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringnmmm!

/bc