HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NHL.com Kings Season Preview (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=292473)

Osprey 09-23-2006 08:23 PM

NHL.com Kings Season Preview

This is the big one. NHL.com does this every year on every team, and this year's are larger than ever.

It's multi-page, so make sure to check the other pages (the links at the top).

Kings starting over from top to bottom

RightKinger 09-23-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

X Factor

Anze Kopitar: The prospect from Slovenia made quite the showing at the Pacific Division Shootout rookie tournament this year. By all accounts, he was head and shoulders above the competition, forcing mistakes and generating opportunities with his world-class speed and elite reflexes. He had 20 points last year while playing first-division hockey in Sweden to show that he can handle the challenges of playing against men. If he can keep up his early pace in training camp, Kopitar will be in the running to start the season as a top-6 forward, giving Marc Crawford even more flexibility in how he throws together his forward lines.
World class speed??:confused:

kingsfan25 09-23-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

The Kings' fortunes up front will rest heavily on the continued maturation of their young guns. Cammalleri, Frolov and Brown have all proven that they can play at a top level, but must continue to put up numbers that justify management's huge investment of faith and their abilities. Nobody is 100-percent sure what prospects O'Sullivan and Kopitar will bring to the proceedings, but there is certainly the potential for them to be major contributors as the season progresses. Yet, even with so much uncertainty, there is still a proven core of veteran forwards that can be counted on for representative performances. Plus, Crawford has already guaranteed that his team will play an attacking, entertaining brand of hockey that should showcase the arsenal of skills inherent in Los Angeles' collection of forwards.
That's a bang-on assessment, IMO.

I agree with most of what was said in the overall report as well...

TubbyTerrion* 09-24-2006 01:41 AM

It's good to see Ken Belanger, Tomas Zizka and Trent Klatt back on the roster. Like old times.

FanSince2014 09-24-2006 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftKinger (Post 6562430)

Have you seen him play recently?

kingsfan25 09-24-2006 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince'05 (Post 6564372)
Have you seen him play recently?

I think the reports we were given indicated that it had improved alot...however, I don't think those reports indicated that it had been converted into so much of a strength.

King'sPawn 09-24-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan25 (Post 6564387)
I think the reports we were given indicated that it had improved alot...however, I don't think those reports indicated that it had been converted into so much of a strength.

He's not fast, but I think he moves in all directions (and changes directions) fairly quickly. He's certainly not slow, in my opinion. I'm not sure if that qualifies as world class speed, though; I wouldn't word it like that.

McSorley 33 09-24-2006 04:17 PM

I saw him at the rookie tournament and he is not a slow skater! He might not have blazing speed, yet not slow either.

He's pretty impressive to watch! Consider his age of course.

David A. Rainer 09-24-2006 04:42 PM

Hauser on the LW? Connor James on D? Awesome!

David A. Rainer 09-24-2006 04:50 PM

Jeff Belanger? The evil twin of Eric Cowan?

Josh Deitell 09-24-2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftKinger (Post 6562430)

Daryl and Nick were praising his skating ability the entire third period last night, so there must be something to talk about.

RightKinger 09-24-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaelWho (Post 6568020)
Daryl and Nick were praising his skating ability the entire third period last night, so there must be something to talk about.

Ya I heard that too. I guess he has a deceptive stride. I haven't seen him play so I was just going on what I have heard and read.