HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Malhotra on Waivers??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29251)

morrow1005 11-18-2003 04:53 PM

Malhotra on Waivers!!

According to someone over on the Dallas Stars official boards, Manny Malhotra has been placed on waivers.http://boards.dallasstars.com/postli...ars&PHPSESSID= I cant find it anywhere else though so if any of you guys see anything about it, post it.

Malhotra has been placed on waivers 11/19. www.dallasstars.com www.andrewsstarspage.com

barrytrotzsneck 11-18-2003 05:07 PM

wow, if that's true, i'd be shocked if he passed through.

thestonedkoala 11-18-2003 05:12 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! STOP PUTTING THESE GUYS ON WAIVERS!

Minnesota seems to like these players and usually pick them off waivers.

Someone else PLEASE, PLEASE take him.

Darth Milbury 11-18-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! STOP PUTTING THESE GUYS ON WAIVERS!

Minnesota seems to like these players and usually pick them off waivers.

Someone else PLEASE, PLEASE take him.

What are you complaining about. Put Malholtra on a third line with Wiemer and you'd have one of the more effective third lines in the NHL.

I still think this kid can be a fine checking center.

gohabsgo2010 11-18-2003 05:18 PM

Dear Mr. Gainey,

For Christmas I would like a Manny Malholtra.

thestonedkoala 11-18-2003 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
What are you complaining about. Put Malholtra on a third line with Wiemer and you'd have one of the more effective third lines in the NHL.

I still think this kid can be a fine checking center.

We got 23 players on the roster, with 2 on the IR.

We got 4-6 fine prospects that should be coming up soon.

What we don't need are more checking centers!

Psycho Papa Joe 11-18-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Dear Mr. Gainey,

For God's sake, do we really need another Kilger on this club?

Darth Milbury 11-18-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Dear Mr. Gainey,

A line with him and Bulis would be sweet....

Voynich 11-18-2003 05:25 PM

I'd be happy to see the Thrashers pick him up considering our current situation at center.

Psycho Papa Joe 11-18-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voynich
I'd be happy to see the Thrashers pick him up considering our current situation at center.

Why not just sign Ronning, who at least has some NHL level skills.

gohabsgo2010 11-18-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
For God's sake, do we really need another Kilger on this club?

You're asking the wrong guy. I'd love another Kilger, just look at the avatar. :p

Maltholta plays great defensively, and he's only 23-years old. Malhotra wouldn't solve our scoring woes, but he'd be another big, versatile body (6'2" 215), that can take the draws effectively and has the potential to grow alongside Ryder, Higgins, Ward, Bulis, and Kilger. Add Malhotra to that mix, and the Habs have two very respectable bottom lines.

Bulis - Malhotra - Ryder would be an awesome line for Montreal.

Voynich 11-18-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Why not just sign Ronning, who at least has some NHL level skills.

We're trying to see how many checking line players we can fit on one squad.

neelynugs 11-18-2003 05:35 PM

no worries folks- if he is indeed on waivers, there's very little chance that he'd last past the first 3-4 teams. if pittsburgh didn't have money problems, he'd be a shoo-in to end up there.

NYR469 11-18-2003 05:48 PM

i'd love to see him back in ny

wazee 11-18-2003 06:27 PM

Hmmmm...Lacroix tried to trade up and draft Malhotra way back when. With Riku Hahl and Svatos both out for most of the season with shoulder injuries, I wonder if he would still be interested...

PensFan68 11-18-2003 06:53 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the Pens pick him up and get rid of Holzinger. How much does he make(probably too much for the Pens)?

kasper11 11-18-2003 07:02 PM

I think he may clear waivers. I don't know how many teams have room on their roster and are willing to pay him just over $1,000,000.

Ajacied 11-18-2003 08:50 PM

It's all bull.. just some fan of his who wants to see him play elsewhere..

HughJass* 11-19-2003 03:41 AM

If he is on waivers, I think he'll clear it. He makes too much for what will be asked of him. I don't think there is alot of potentinal either. He'll be in Utah by this weekend...

sveiglar 11-19-2003 07:11 AM

I can't find this anywhere else, so... link?

I'm assuming it's fanboy-fabricated.

avfan#21 11-19-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazee
Hmmmm...Lacroix tried to trade up and draft Malhotra way back when. With Riku Hahl and Svatos both out for most of the season with shoulder injuries, I wonder if he would still be interested...

You took the words right out of my mouth. Lacroix tried very hard to entice NYR to squirm out of that pick. I'd love to see Malhotra in Colorado.

NFITO 11-19-2003 09:24 AM

I don't see him clearing waivers either, if he really is on waivers...

he doesn't make a huge amount - less than Weimer does... and still is already a solid depth center, and he's still young - 21?22? or something like that...

He can be a valuable 4th line center on a lot of teams... and while some/most teams wouldn't be paying $1mill for a 4th line center, there are teams that would... and he's still got upside in his game - 99% of players don't reach their potential at such a young age.

also right now there are many teams that are struggling, that might want to add some depth.

I would love to see him in Vancouver as our 4th line center - but I doubt that he falls that far in the waivers... also with May already getting more than $1mill on our 4th line, it's unlikely that Van dresses 2 mill $$ players on the 4th line.

Starsdude 11-19-2003 09:50 AM

Confirmed

at Dallasstars.com. Can a waived player still be traded or is Dallas saying you want him you got him

Takeo 11-19-2003 09:53 AM

It's true.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...s-fortunes.htm

7bucs pasted this link on the Sabres board.

avfan#21 11-19-2003 10:12 AM

what's non playing waivers? Is that an outright release?