HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Teeeeemuuuu! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29256)

Foppa 11-18-2003 06:30 PM

Teeeeemuuuu!

Now that is the Teemu we have all wanted to see...breakout game for him possibly? What a goal...what a setup by Blake.

Mack 11-18-2003 06:32 PM

bomb yo just bomb.

avs win again in OT. CLUTCH!

lets hope montreal can win tonight.

were only like 1 point from tops in the nhl now.

RoyIsALegend* 11-18-2003 06:34 PM

Maybe I'm the only one who sees it, but Steve Moore is sensational out there for his fourth line center role. He is not a fast skater by any means, but is extremely strong on his skates, very sound positionally in his own zone and makes some good passes. Speed is the only thing holding this guy back.

David Aebischer... what a game.

Hockeyfan02 11-18-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
David Aebischer... what a game.

A show put on by both goaltenders. Ducks shouldnt have been in this game but Giguere was sensational and Aebischer made some big saves.

Mack 11-18-2003 06:40 PM

i like moore but not more then Hahl.
moore has some hit in him too.

imagine29028 11-18-2003 06:41 PM

great great game...great goal by #8....

Tangs played a hell of a game...and should of probably had 2 assists....but Jiggy made great stops.

Sakic...just wows me, all the time :rolly:

http://www.hfboards.com/images/icons/icon14.gif to having a game televised on thursday...and to ESPN for showing a double header. I am actually looking forward to see the Wings play

fcbarcelona 11-18-2003 06:45 PM

good win. but why did skoula get much more ice time than morris? very curious to know why...

imagine29028 11-18-2003 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jericholic19
good win. but why did skoula get much more ice time than morris? very curious to know why...

cause idiot Gary Thorne kept calling him "Marty"....I about turned it on mute.

we can't be giving Skoula any un-necessary confidence, that he deserves nicknames from announcers......we gotta get Zilla :teach:

Yayo 11-18-2003 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jericholic19

He did against Dallas as well. I am curious as well.

fcbarcelona 11-18-2003 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man
He did against Dallas as well. I am curious as well.

im sorry but i can't help but think two possible scenarios may be playing out here:

A) the avs are giving skoula one last shot to prove himself
B) trade involving skoula (being showcased) or another defenseman (where avs checking to see if skoula can replace the departed defender) is close to happening.

nathan 11-18-2003 07:16 PM

w00t! Nucks losing 0-2.

If that score sticks, then we are tied for 1st in the NW!!! :handclap:

Yayo 11-18-2003 07:20 PM

Skoula also logged more ice time than Adam Foote, although Foote played in six more shifts. He was second amongst Avalanche players only behind Rob Blake...

Another interested note is that John-Michael Liles played only 8:23.

fcbarcelona 11-18-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan
w00t! Nucks losing 0-2.

If that score sticks, then we are tied for 1st in the NW!!! :handclap:

honestly, winning the division doesn't matter as much to me anymore. the avs can't have a short-sighted approach to this season where winning the division is a big goal. besides the avs have already set the record for div. titles in a row. winning the cup is all that matters now.

Mack 11-18-2003 07:23 PM

well tied for the record with montreal 10 would be their own record.

and its 2-1 habs now.

nathan 11-18-2003 07:32 PM

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind having home ice for 1 or 2 rounds during the playoffs (I'll ignore last season's playoffs :) )

Mack 11-18-2003 07:34 PM

dam 2-2 now the canucks tied it up. come on montreal!!!!!

Mack 11-18-2003 07:43 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/images/stories/200...anne_84017.jpg

:yo:

Mr. Avalanche 11-18-2003 08:11 PM

3-2 Habs!

Mack 11-18-2003 08:26 PM

4-4 tie now. GO MONTREAL!!!!!

Mr. Avalanche 11-18-2003 08:39 PM

Crap, Vancouver won. Oh well, for them to choke another day :)

Foppa2118 11-18-2003 09:28 PM

As long as we're mentioning ice time, Brigely had 13:32 minutes of ice time, which is about 3 1/2 minutes more than Hinote, and 4 more than McCormick, who IMO are better players.

Very strange, this ice time thing with Skoula, especially since he hasn't done anything to deserve it, and didn't do anything good in the game against Anaheim. He made at least 4 bonehead plays that could have resulted in goals against, and what is he rewarded with, more ice time than Foote, Skrastins, and Morris. I loved the play on the PP where he skated right into the forward at the point and gave him the puck, so they can have a two on one, I thought that was a very nice gesture. If they are trying to trade Skoula, I would think less ice time would be a better choice.

Healthy Scratch 11-19-2003 08:16 AM

Ducks fan chiming to congratulate you on a gutty win. Great goaltending at both ends and a sweet play by Blake to set up Teemu for the game-winner.

If you guys are that solid without Kariya and Forsberg, I shutter to think how good you'll be when the playoffs roll around (assuming everyone's healthy).

I must say, I thought the steal and no-look pass by Sykora to set up Prospal's goal was a thing of beauty, too.

Mazel Tov. Great win.

Tico 11-19-2003 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118
As long as we're mentioning ice time, Brigely had 13:32 minutes of ice time, which is about 3 1/2 minutes more than Hinote, and 4 more than McCormick, who IMO are better players.

Very strange, this ice time thing with Skoula, especially since he hasn't done anything to deserve it, and didn't do anything good in the game against Anaheim. He made at least 4 bonehead plays that could have resulted in goals against, and what is he rewarded with, more ice time than Foote, Skrastins, and Morris. I loved the play on the PP where he skated right into the forward at the point and gave him the puck, so they can have a two on one, I thought that was a very nice gesture. If they are trying to trade Skoula, I would think less ice time would be a better choice.

Did you like that play on the PP? Seemed like miscommunication between the forward and Skoula as to who was going to pinch. It happens. Ask Foote and Niko on the goal given up a few games ago when they combined to turn over the puck in the Avs end leading to an opponents goal. (I think it was against Phoenix?)

Did you also like the play w/Skrastins and Morris on the ice when Vinny Prospal was left all alone in front of Aeby to score the Ducks only goal? I forget - how many goals were scored when Skoula was on the ice?

I understand folks frustration with Skoula. As Ensane mentioned in another thread, he doesn't use his head all the time when it comes to positioning - but neither does Blake when setting up for big hits or Morris at times. That said, Skoula's been playing pretty solid hockey for the last several weeks.

When he becomes the reason that we've lost games, ok. Cherry-picking every single numbskull play will get you examples from more than Skoula though.

Gumballhead 11-19-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118

They seem to like to use Brigley on the PK, that might have a little to do with it. Hinote too though, so I am not sure why he logged a little less.

Gumballhead 11-19-2003 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tico
That said, Skoula's been playing pretty solid hockey for the last several weeks.

I, uh, saw him take the body in the first period. It almost looked...aggressive. And Tanguay took a swing at Salei (I think) after post-whistle hit. W'happen? :p