HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No more of this.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29310)

KOMO_ROCKS 11-18-2003 10:41 PM

No more of this....
 
It was too bad to see Ruutu make such a dirty play in today's Nucks-Habs game. He could have clearly stopped when he was going to the net but he just intentionally ran over Theodore and took 2 minute penalty happily. Clearly, his intentions were to injure our netminder. On top of that a guy like Matt Cooke is taking a run at our star player in Richard Zednik and even trying to mix it up with our captain Koivu. Why should our stars: Theodore, Koivu, Zednik being worrying about this stuff when the opposition's pests and third/fourth liners are out. It is time that the habs get a top 2 line powerfoward who is tough, that can look after this stuff and protect our skilled players...especially our goalie(Theodore). It was nice to see Souray drill Cooke though. I understand that Zednik made that big hit on Sopel that probably resulted in him being a target ever since.....but it is still important for our top players to be protected for 3rd/4th line players...anyways there's my rant

Thoughts?

Edler Von Gud 11-18-2003 11:26 PM

From an outsider's point of view, I think the Habs need a player like Ruttu or Cooke, especially since they play in the Eastern Conference. Looking at the Habs roster I don't see any pests at all, nobody who can stir things up and get some emotion into the game. Like in tonights game, Ruttu "accidently" fell into Theodore to get some emotion and life into a Canucks team that was down 1-0 and looked like they were sleep walking. Cooke and Ruttu also got some of the Habs players focusing on them rather than winning the hockey game. Say what you will about Cooke or Ruttu being dirty, but I'm sure Habs fans would love to have them on their team, but right now you'll just have to hate them. :rolly:

EquabaleAce 11-19-2003 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Begin

wow
on a different note Mike Komisarek your avatar has to be the creepiest thing i have seen in a long time.
it scares the crap outta me

Darz 11-19-2003 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
It is time that the habs get a top 2 line powerfoward who is tough, that can look after this stuff and protect our skilled players...especially our goalie(Theodore).

I'm all for getting a player like that but first there are very few out there that teams might be willing to part with and if they are we are going to pay dearly to acquire one.
What are some of the names you had in mind?

EquabaleAce 11-19-2003 04:02 AM

that morrow deal lookes sweeter and sweeter every day that Dynasty posted just if they don't use ryder as part of the package
i love this kid

Joe Cole 11-19-2003 04:26 AM

The worst part of it, the Habs were running around trying to get Ruutu/Cooke and getting penalties. Bad move, that means he wins. If he runs your goalie, you run Naslund. That is how you win that game.

Seeing Boullion running around trying to kill Cooke was pathetic. Cooke totally got in his head.

I am not saying not to hit these pests hard when you have the chance, but you have to do it clean and hard. Then get BACK into the play.

Bottom line, they pick on our good players and get them off their game. We run the pests....and their scorers have free reign. While no one on the Habs has the muscle to take Bertuzzi one on one, get Morrsion or Naslund or a Sedin.... :D

Istvan 11-19-2003 04:28 AM

sure
Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
It was too bad to see Ruutu make such a dirty play in today's Nucks-Habs game. He could have clearly stopped when he was going to the net but he just intentionally ran over Theodore and took 2 minute penalty happily. Clearly, his intentions were to injure our netminder. On top of that a guy like Matt Cooke is taking a run at our star player in Richard Zednik and even trying to mix it up with our captain Koivu. Why should our stars: Theodore, Koivu, Zednik being worrying about this stuff when the opposition's pests and third/fourth liners are out. It is time that the habs get a top 2 line powerfoward who is tough, that can look after this stuff and protect our skilled players...especially our goalie(Theodore). It was nice to see Souray drill Cooke though. I understand that Zednik made that big hit on Sopel that probably resulted in him being a target ever since.....but it is still important for our top players to be protected for 3rd/4th line players...anyways there's my rant

Thoughts?

I'm not sure this team has developed enough chemistry/unity to stick up for one another on a consistent basis. Part of this may be due to constant line shuffling and the inexplicable healthy scratch policy. The team seems tenative to me and has not yet established it's "identity".

loudi94 11-19-2003 04:28 AM

They had a choice to do something about it. Langdon was in the line-up but barely played. In hindsight with all the penalties Mtl took, it may have been worthwhile to have Langdon out there to go after Ruutu once. As far as running Cloutier in retaliation, it would have been a mistake as he's better off in net than on the bench if you're the opposing team.

Munchausen 11-19-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94
They had a choice to do something about it. Langdon was in the line-up but barely played. In hindsight with all the penalties Mtl took, it may have been worthwhile to have Langdon out there to go after Ruutu once. As far as running Cloutier in retaliation, it would have been a mistake as he's better off in net than on the bench if you're the opposing team.

I don't think Langdon would have appreciated his coach sending him after Ruutu. Vancouver is a really tight team and all the players you see in that team were Langdon's friends that he left not so long ago. He said prior to the game it would feel weird fighting them. In those circumstances, I don't think it would have been the proper thing (in fact, I think Langdon should have been scratched for that game).

KOMO_ROCKS 11-19-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudi94
They had a choice to do something about it. Langdon was in the line-up but barely played. In hindsight with all the penalties Mtl took, it may have been worthwhile to have Langdon out there to go after Ruutu once. As far as running Cloutier in retaliation, it would have been a mistake as he's better off in net than on the bench if you're the opposing team.

Next week's matchup between the habs and nucks should be a good one...look forward to seeing someone like Langdon confront Ruutu for his cheap play in taking a run at our netminder-Theodore.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.