HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GST: Habs vs Sens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=293294)

GaineysRightHandMan 09-26-2006 07:35 AM

GST: Habs vs Sens

I think we need a Game Summary Thread. I want to read how each Hab player did last night without reading the GDT - 24 pages!!!!

I know who the goalscorers were. Who played? Who excelled? Who bombed, etc?

Le Tricolore 09-26-2006 08:13 AM

From what I was hearing on the radio, Latendresse played VERY well. Kostitsyn seemed to be all over the place... Ribeiro seemed pretty good.

David_99 09-26-2006 08:24 AM

Sportsnet seems to be the only place showing replays. From what I saw, Chips is a very smart player and knows where to be. His plays with Ryder and Higgins were great. We benefited from a weak goalie in the third though. The game would have ended much closer if Gerber had stayed in the net. Oh well, gives the guys some confidence!

didouche 09-26-2006 08:36 AM

RDS/TSN showed highlights as well

David_99 09-26-2006 08:40 AM

I just saw RDS but haven't seen any on TSN. Maybe I'm still drunk. Wouldn't surprise me.

didouche 09-26-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_99 (Post 6580543)
I just saw RDS but haven't seen any on TSN. Maybe I'm still drunk. Wouldn't surprise me.

right after highlights from the bluejays

David_99 09-26-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didouche (Post 6580548)
right after highlights from the bluejays

Hockey highlights should never follow baseball. Preseason or not. It just feels wrong. ;)

didouche 09-26-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_99 (Post 6580559)
Hockey highlights should never follow baseball. Preseason or not. It just feels wrong. ;)

so true:bow: :yo: :sarcasm:

Freaky Habs Fan 09-26-2006 09:06 AM

So Lats and Kost are the two stand out for the prospects?

Maxpac 09-26-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 6580636)
So Lats and Kost are the two stand out for the prospects?

yep, i saw the game a cage and those 2 really clicked together, talent vs force type thing, and Mike Ribeiro was doing great too. The reason why that line was working is that Ribeiro finally had players to catch up with, it's so stupid for soemone like him to play Samsonov and Kovalev, there 2 puckholders that are simply too fast for him, Mike can't do anything cause he ain't the type of player that'l finish any one-timers, or top corner wrist shots, and the game they played againts Boston they were horrible defensively, always out of place and never backchecking on time. Chipchura and Higgins played great games too. Chip really reminds of Rob brindamour, Keith Primeau type center, he's big , strong and very smart with the puck

Solution: Keep the Latendresse-Ribeiro- Kostitsyn line intact and put Pleckanek to center the Sammy-Kovy line, he's faster, stronger and alot more reliable defensively then Mikey

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Latendresse-Ribeiro-Kostitsyn
Johnson-Bonk/Chipchura- Bégin
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

AHL: Perezhogin, Ferland

GaineysRightHandMan 09-26-2006 09:31 AM

Box score:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=8345

It says Grabovski had a penalty. I guess he is back from his injury?

habitue* 09-26-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! (Post 6580714)
yep, i saw the game a cage and those 2 really clicked together, talent vs force type thing, and Mike Ribeiro was doing great too. The reason why that line was working is that Ribeiro finally had players to catch up with, it's so stupid for soemone like him to play Samsonov and Kovalev, there 2 puckholders that are simply too fast for him, Mike can't do anything cause he ain't the type of player that'l finish any one-timers, or top corner wrist shots, and the game they played againts Boston they were horrible defensively, always out of place and never backchecking on time. Chipchura and Higgins played great games too. Chip really reminds of Rob brindamour, Keith Primeau type center, he's big , strong and very smart with the puck

Solution: Keep the Latendresse-Ribeiro- Kostitsyn line intact and put Pleckanek to center the Sammy-Kovy line, he's faster, stronger and alot more reliable defensively then Mikey

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

Perezhogin has a one-way contract and will surely be picked up if put on waivers. Chipchura will hone his skills a little bit more at the AHL level and could be in Habs lie up sooner than later. Same with Kost. Carbonneau & Gainey will need a bit of time to evaluate the real potential of their team. So, for now, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Murray are staying. Downey should be flushed. Ferland should also stay. If they try to send him back to Hamilton, he will be picked by another team (Columbus again ???). lapierre can be sent down without going thru waivers. He is another one who will be back soon. Too bad Gainey hired Samsonov and re-signed Downey !

Shabutie 09-26-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! (Post 6580714)

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Pleckanek-Kovalev
Lappiere, Chipchura/Bonk

Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much :( Imo, Carbs will try Lats - Ribs - Kovalev next game, and Sammy won't be on the same duo as Kovalev for a long time.

Rahan 09-26-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6580861)
Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much :( Imo, Carbs will try Lats - Ribs - Kovalev next game, and Sammy won't be on the same duo as Kovalev for a long time.

That's bull. Plekanec has a way better shot and better finish than Ribeiro. He just didn't get the PP opportunities, or ice time that Ribs had.

Shabutie 09-26-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahan (Post 6582068)
That's bull. Plekanec has a way better shot and better finish than Ribeiro. He just didn't get the PP opportunities, or ice time that Ribs had.

Better shot yes, but better finisher no. Say what you will about Ribs, but he's an intelligent player and pots a fair share of garbage goals that Pleks doesn't.

Blades 0f Steel 09-26-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Ribs is a better finisher than Pleks, and that's not saying much :(

Ok, seriously...that is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Have you never seen Plekanec play or is there something you can acutally back this up with?

Blades 0f Steel 09-26-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6582194)
Better shot yes, but better finisher no. Say what you will about Ribs, but he's an intelligent player and pots a fair share of garbage goals that Pleks doesn't.

If anything he's better at deking the goalie.

Shabutie 09-26-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladesofSteel (Post 6582280)
Ok, seriously...that is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Have you never seen Plekanec play or is there something you can acutally back this up with?

Hmm I wonder why Ribs is placed in front of the net on the PP and not Plekanec?

Blades 0f Steel 09-26-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6582387)
Hmm I wonder why Ribs is placed in front of the net on the PP and not Plekanec?

Because Ribs plays the 2nd PP and he's a center? :dunno:

Shabutie 09-26-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladesofSteel (Post 6582492)
Because Ribs plays the 2nd PP and he's a center? :dunno:

Centers aren't the only players that screen the net, for instance ottawa used Chara. You can either flank a big guy there, or you use someone who can pot garbage goals (Ryder on PP one). Kovalev isn't big on this, so they used Ribs. This season they could use either Lats or Kostitsyn imo.

Aarex 09-26-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

I disagree, Plekanec has a way better shot and hasn't been given a chance to play in a offensive role as of yet.

Shabutie 09-26-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified (Post 6582977)
I disagree, Plekanec has a way better shot and hasn't been given a chance to play in a offensive role as of yet.

As I said, he's got a better shot, I wouldn't say WAY better, cuz he's no Ryder or Kovalev himself. Pleks was given a more offensive role toward the end of last season, and he didn't disapoint. But I don't think he's ever gonna be a 60+ pointman.

Teufelsdreck 09-26-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6582194)

You'll see in time that you're stubbornly holding on to a misconception. Plekanec was a leading goal scorer in Hamilton. He didn't make the Habs as a plugger.

Habs 4 Life 09-26-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified (Post 6582977)

Exactly.

Plekanec is a better player then Ribeiro IMO and if given the chance he would produce even more then Ribs.

Teufelsdreck 09-26-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 6583015)
As I said, he's got a better shot, I wouldn't say WAY better, cuz he's no Ryder or Kovalev himself. Pleks was given a more offensive role toward the end of last season, and he didn't disapoint. But I don't think he's ever gonna be a 60+ pointman.

You talk as though that's Ribeiro's norm. He did it once (in no small part because Dagenais had an unrepeatable career year) but was unable to match it in 2005-06 even though the NHL imposed tighter rules on restraint and permitted longer passes through the neutral zone. He'll be 27 this season. How many seasons do you expect him to last with the Habs?