HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   why not Comrie? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29332)

onemorecup* 11-19-2003 04:14 AM

why not Comrie?

the guy is a great talent , forget his size for a moment and consider
a few things .

I am sure this is Koivu`s last contract with us , he has lost a step due to injury, will be 30-31 after his contract, and bottom line is, we haven`t gone anywhere with him , no disrepect to him to what he brings to the table , but he is in the same boat as Iginla, a highly paid, semi
productive player, who only had 1-2 solid years in a career , and his team isn`t good enough.

our team will go through a major change in the next few years with
players not not being resigned, finesse guys phased out, decent kids coming up, etcc...

he is an impact player and arguably our best forward right now if he came on board. He will playing with guys like Higgins, kasty,perez, etcc
not audette, pereault,dackell, etc..

he is in his early 20`s with a long career ahead of him, most of our kids don`t have his upside, plus PLEKS and Balej I don`t think have a future with us , we have too many of these guys.
I don`t think Edmonton will score the moon but get a fair deal . IF WE ARE COSNTANTLY GOING TO SHUFFLE KIDS BACK AND FORTH , MOVE A FEW IN A PACKAGE FOR HIM. If we don`t think Hossa will more than 15-20 goal role player , or If Hainsey will never get a full shot with us , turn
your assets into something before they aren`t worth anything. It is the same with Antripov of the leafs, they could of scored the moon years ago, based on potential, now with no knees, and always injured, he isn`t worth half as much. I am not suggesting these 2 will land Comrie, but he Oilers will get a package based on potential, because they can`t
pick up huge salaries.

Bob Bastards 11-19-2003 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeman
the guy is a great talent , forget his size for a moment and consider a few things .

Perhaps you can forget the size in a board post but not in real life. We have enought of small forward thanks. Edmonton will ask the moon for it, he will want a huge contract and he is a freaking whinner. The guy is not able to play in is home town because of the "pressure", how do you think he will perform in Montreal pressure cooker?

I say no thanks, pass go and collect your 200$.

Galchenkel 11-19-2003 05:40 AM

Well, forget what would edmonton wnat for trading Comrie! But if never they trade him to Mtl, they'll wait for after the game between these two teams this week end! Because they won't take the risk of helping the canadiens to win this game in front of 60 000 persons at the commonwhealth stadium an also in by a events where more journalists will be than for the stanley cup final! Get the point?

Habs4ever 11-19-2003 06:36 AM

Yes they would unload him easily to us if we offer them

Quote:

Originally Posted by medmed
Well, forget what would edmonton wnat for trading Comrie! But if never they trade him to Mtl, they'll wait for after the game between these two teams this week end! Because they won't take the risk of helping the canadiens to win this game in front of 60 000 persons at the commonwhealth stadium an also in by a events where more journalists will be than for the stanley cup final! Get the point?

Comrie for hainsey, hossa every team is looking to win in long term why should on game anything, if Edmentan was able to unload Comrie for similar talent he would have already been traded, we can get him easily but do we really need another smallish guy.

All-Star 11-19-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeman
PLEKS and Balej I don`t think have a future with us , we have too many of these guys.

Yeah, we have way too many talented guys who actually care enough to show up to play every night... We definately need to trade them for guys who only care about the money.:shakehead