HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT- Met Higgins Today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=293485)

felixd 09-26-2006 06:36 PM

OT- Met Higgins Today

Don't want to sound too fanboy but oh well:

Higgins walks in my store today. At first I'm not sure it's him he's wearing a hat, but anyways he's looking at stuff so I go up to him and ask him if he's Higgins.

He says yes and immediately shakes my hand. After that it was funny, because he's the one talking to me, as he shook my hand he asks me "how's it going man, looks pretty quiet in here today" so anyways we talk for maybe 5-10 minutes, seems like a really nice guy, and I was surprised by how big he looks in person.

Anyways that made my day.

habsprospects 09-26-2006 06:39 PM

cool

Malakhov 09-26-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 6585026)
He says yes and immediately shakes my hand. After that it was funny, because he's the one talking to me, as he shook my hand he asks me "how's it going man, looks pretty quiet in here today" so anyways we talk for maybe 5-10 minutes, seems like a really nice guy, and I was surprised by how big he looks in person.

Future Habs captain, nice guy on and off the ice :bow:

L'abstrait 09-26-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Don't want to sound too fanboy but oh well:

Higgins walks in my store today.

What kind of store is that?

CH Wizard 09-26-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

I met him too at the jamboree. He's way bigger then I thought (taller then I thought too).

I think he's going to have a monster season.

felixd 09-26-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown (Post 6585421)
I met him too at the jamboree. He's way bigger then I thought (taller then I thought too).

I think he's going to have a monster season.

yeah same here, I'm 6'4' and he looked like he was at least 6'1. And yeah he is definitely buff.

And /\ I work at a shoe store

Pascal 09-26-2006 07:58 PM

Higgins rocks.

Form and Substance 09-26-2006 07:58 PM

Yeah I met him once, he certainly does seem to hover around 5'11-6'0.

tinyzombies 09-26-2006 08:15 PM

I met him 4 years ago and he seemed small, so he definitely must have grown.

Clumsyhab 09-26-2006 08:33 PM

My friends think he's a sexy beast lol.

Slew Foots 09-26-2006 09:28 PM

I talked to Higgins outside of Med last season for about 5 minutes...definitely one of the nicest guys out there.

Much Love 09-26-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRG87 (Post 6587134)
I talked to Higgins outside of Med last season for about 5 minutes...definitely one of the nicest guys out there.

Shut up?

Across the street from Time?

I heard their new "hotspot" is Opera.

Slew Foots 09-26-2006 10:47 PM

Time is across the street from nothing...it's pretty isolated.

Med is at the corner of Milton and St-Laurent...last season, Souray and few other Habs would eat there pretty often...usually Saturday nights, after the game.

Yeah, my friend ran into a few Habs at Opera last weekend.

Talent Analyst 09-26-2006 10:53 PM

Hmmm I meet him too to the jamboree .. He's smaller than me and I'm 6'0-6'1

GoneAway 09-26-2006 11:28 PM

bof...big deal

I met Les Trois Accords last Saturday...

I don't know how its relevant but I felt compelled to say so...

Yeah so...umm..cool that you met Higgy

Mr. Hab 09-27-2006 12:21 AM

Higgins seems like the down-to-earth kinda guy. Great on/off ice...

Saw Ribs once with his hood on (ghetto/gangster style, whatever it's called these days...). I won't say anything else since it's not too positive!

Guys like Higgins bring respect to the Habs (also Latendresse, Komisarek, Begin, Chipchura, Lapierre, so many...).

Le Tricolore 09-27-2006 12:24 AM

I met Jean Perron today. he said Lats should make the team.

Also, I met George Gilette last week. He's short.

waffledave 09-27-2006 12:25 AM

I saw Higgins last year on Thanksgiving, near when he first started playing for the Habs. He was with Ryder and Komisarek at Katsura. We were basically the only other people in the restaurant, and they noticed that I had recognized them. Ryder and Komo were cool about it, gave me a nod like it was no big deal but Higgins was all smiles and looked so happy that I actually recognized him and knew who he was.

In some ways, I was his first bit of fame!

Nols 09-27-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 6588521)
bof...big deal

I met Les Trois Accords last Saturday...

I don't know how its relevant but I felt compelled to say so...

I hear those guys are just off the wall in person...

GoneAway 09-27-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nols (Post 6589012)
I hear those guys are just off the wall in person...

They were pretty cool...

I'm not sure they understood much of what I said (I am francophone but with a huge acadian accent)...but they told me they were pumped for their show that night and the Moncton ladies after the show.

NYR1084 09-27-2006 04:46 AM

Hey Guys

I know I havent posted in a long while, but I am working full time and just well there arent enough hours in the day.

Reason for the post is that I am going up to Montreal on Saturday the 14th vs the Senators, and then again Tuesday the 17th vs the Flames. Anyone going? Would look forward to meeting some of you guys. Im sure we can set something up.

Take care and be good fellas,

Kev

Mr. Hab 09-27-2006 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabFan1084 (Post 6589836)
Hey Guys

I know I havent posted in a long while, but I am working full time and just well there arent enough hours in the day.

Reason for the post is that I am going up to Montreal on Saturday the 14th vs the Senators, and then again Tuesday the 17th vs the Flames. Anyone going? Would look forward to meeting some of you guys. Im sure we can set something up.

Kev

We love to hear your input anytime! (whenever you have time).
Please tell Chris that we're all huuuuuuge fans!:yo:
I keep telling people that everything (Habs major improvement) started when Komisarek and Higgins joined the team...
And then came the rest...!!: Chipchura, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Murray, Danis, Begin, Huet, Price, Plekanec, Grabovski... it's a good time for Carbo to coach!! (not like 6-7 years ago!).

Hackett 09-27-2006 06:01 AM

Higgins Schmiggins

I met McPhee in my dream last night, beat that

GoneAway 09-27-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 6589903)
Higgins Schmiggins

I met McPhee in my dream last night, beat that

I met clover...beat THAT

JMMR 09-27-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabFan1084 (Post 6589836)
Hey Guys

Kev

I will be at the Flames game!