HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bouillon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29374)

Habs4Cup 11-19-2003 06:47 AM

Bouillon

The last few years, I was the first to say that this guy didn't belong in the NHL. However, he has proven me wrong in numerous occasions this year. He is playing solid hockey and he isn't afraid to stand up for his teamates. He deserves every minutes coach Julien gives him on the ice. I wish other D-Man would take example on him and start playing more physical.

Imagine if that guy was 6'2"... he would be an all-star...

jimnevets 11-19-2003 07:01 AM

I like this guy too but just don't believe he is what the habs need right now. I would rather see them give the time to Hainsey to help him develop.

Did you see last night when he was going back with King for the puck? Bouillon tried to hit him and just bounced off him allowing King to go behind the net with the puck and get a good scoring chance. That is what I am noticing, he works hard but doesn't get good results. For example, the first goal Saturday night that Ottawa scored. Bouillon was in Spezza's face but Spezza didn't even look bothered as he redirected the puck into the net.

Bouillon is good, I just wish the Habs would play both him and Hainsey.

TwineSniper 11-19-2003 07:32 AM

Hainsey is again victim of a numbers game...We have too many NHL caliber defencemen. Markov, Rivet, Brisebois, Souray, Quintal, Bouillon, Hainsey, Komisarek and even Dykhuis I am sure could crack the top 6-7 on other clubs around the league.

I like Hainsey, but Bouillon IMO has earned his spot....he is exactly what our defence needs, I just wish he was at least 4 inches taller.

Room will be made for Hainsey and Komisarek, and unfortunately that probably means an end to a job for either Craig Rivet and/or Stephane Quintal, which is brutal because I like both of these players as well, even though Rivet hasn't played his best this season, but I think that will change.

Munchausen 11-19-2003 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimnevets
I like this guy too but just don't believe he is what the habs need right now. I would rather see them give the time to Hainsey to help him develop.

Well the problem is not Bouillon himself. In fact, I beleive he makes for the perfect 7th Dman. Strong character, very intense, always shows up, at least effort wise, cheap. The problem is that CJ shouldn't be splitting 6th Dman duty between him and Bouillon IMO. Bouillon is fine for playing the odd game here and there, spark the team when in a slump or replace in case of injuries, but Hainsey, because of his talent that's considerably higher than Bouillon's and also because we need to start developing him if he's to take on a bigger role soon, needs to play most of the games. Not sit 3 nights out of 5.

gunnerdom 11-19-2003 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well the problem is not Bouillon himself. In fact, I beleive he makes for the perfect 7th Dman. Strong character, very intense, always shows up, at least effort wise, cheap. The problem is that CJ shouldn't be splitting 6th Dman duty between him and Bouillon IMO. Bouillon is fine for playing the odd game here and there, spark the team when in a slump or replace in case of injuries, but Hainsey, because of his talent that's considerably higher than Bouillon's and also because we need to start developing him if he's to take on a bigger role soon, needs to play most of the games. Not sit 3 nights out of 5.

Make Rivet the 7th D-man. I would take Bouillon anytime before Rivet.

tinyzombies 11-19-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
Make Rivet the 7th D-man. I would take Bouillon anytime before Rivet.

That's going too far imo. Rivet should be on the third pair the way he's played, but if anyone should sit right now it is Quintal.

Either he is spooked by his heart thingy or he is finished, but he does not belong in the lineup the way he is playing right now.

Some fans are saying Komisarek should be there, but if he's not ready, he's not ready.

Hainsey has looked good on the right side. Just keep him in there. Maybe Julien was just protecting him by keeping him away from Ottawa and Vancouver, I dunno.

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 09:22 AM

I like Hainsey, but Bouillon IMO has earned his spot....he is exactly what our defence needs, I just wish he was at least 4 inches taller.

WHAT??????

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
I like Bouillon too, i rather play Bouillon than Hainsey, i rather play Bouillon than Rivet and Quintal, and it's time for people to stop calling him a #7 dman still.. ;)

Put him (Bouillon) on waivers and NOBODY will take him, he is that good. Do the same thing with Hainsey and the result is different

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Oh gee, thats smart, is that how you evaluate all of our players?? :joker:

I'm crackin up over here.. really i am :D

But seriously that means nothing, did anyone take Briere when he was put on waivers? Nope.. i guess he must suck eh? too bad =\

Why do I get the feeling that you are only 12!..it means nothing to you but I would play a talented young prospect rather than a 7 dman who at this point with Rivet Audette and Quintal is a liability.

goalchenyuk 11-19-2003 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Why do I get the feeling that you are only 12!...

:lol:

why do i get the feeling that you are only 8 ..to have this kind of comment when someone have a different view than youre's

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

why do i get the feeling that you are only 8 ..to have this kind of comment when someone have a different view than youre's

It is not the point of view that doesn't make sense Example Zednik is my favorite player which doesn't make him the best in the NHL, itís just the explanation is very puerile.

Guy Caballero 11-19-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

I like Bouillon too, i rather play Bouillon than Hainsey, i rather play Bouillon than Rivet and Quintal, and it's time for people to stop calling him a #7 dman still.. ;)

Our power play sucks and our defensemen can't move the puck. Hainsey would improve us in both categories. He's a way better skater than Boullion, he's a way better passer, and he's clearly part of our future. Boullion isn't, and he should be an injury reserve, nothing more. He may throw a spectacular-looking hit every so often, but that stuff is strictly cosmetic, because he isn't big enough to make them count.

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

Sorry if I offended the kidís feeling

Thanatos 11-19-2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Put him (Bouillon) on waivers and NOBODY will take him, he is that good. Do the same thing with Hainsey and the result is different

Actually, Bouillon has been claimed twice off from waivers before that I know of. Nashville grabbed him a while back, then the Habs claimed him back when a Nashville trade forced them to place the "Cube" on the block.
IMHO, Bouillon's value now is higher than ever. He's proven he can fill in adequately as a 6-7 D-man, and he makes only $600,000 this season and next. I'll bet that there are plenty of teams,(especially those teams that are already big enough overall that size isn't that much of an consideration) who'd grab at a chance to nab Bouillon off of waivers to bolster their D.

VAN-HAB 11-19-2003 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos
Actually, Bouillon has been claimed twice off from waivers before that I know of. Nashville grabbed him a while back, then the Habs claimed him back when a Nashville trade forced them to place the "Cube" on the block.
IMHO, Bouillon's value now is higher than ever. He's proven he can fill in adequately as a 6-7 D-man, and he makes only $600,000 this season and next. I'll bet that there are plenty of teams,(especially those teams that are already big enough overall that size isn't that much of an consideration) who'd grab at a chance to nab Bouillon off of waivers to bolster their D.

totally agree with you...it's not what I meant...still I would rather play Hainsey, he is more valuable to the team and to any other team compare to Bouillon. This is my last comment on the Bouillon vs Hainsey situation.

tinyzombies 11-19-2003 10:56 AM

The fact that this thread is really about Hainsey is all you really need to know. Hainsey turned in an excellent game against the Islanders and he hasn't seen the ice since. I don't get it.

Guy Caballero 11-19-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

One thing that really bothers me about him his he gets lazy at times on the ice. Heh, lazy, hardly any intensity(at times).

I don't think it's laziness. I think he's tentative and unsure of himself because of his rocky pro start. Boullion plays kamikaze bacause he knows that's his only way he's going to stay in the majors. If Hainsey were to do that he'd make tons of mistakes, being new to the pro game, and would get even less ice time than he does now, on top of raising the ire of the fans. I think it's the same reason Komisarek has not unleashed the beast yet. Both have shown evidence of elite skills, and I'm hoping Gainey is assuring both of them that they are very much a part of the Canadiens' future. I suspect that they are doing this, but they need to give these guys the pro minutes to make real improvements.

Thanatos 11-19-2003 11:17 AM

Well,... I don't disagree that Hainsey has much more upside and likely a far better future than Frankie.
However, I have a couple of concerns that to me place Bouillon out in front as of today. First, can Hainsey step in right now and play his game more often than not at the same level of competence as Bouillon can? IMO, he can't.
Secondly, the Habs are sorely lacking in character players like Bouillon, Begin and Koivu who will step up and give that extra 10% and show grit and determination especially when confronted by an obvious disadvantage. Way too many of our guys simply fold up and quit when the going gets tough; is it all that great of an idea to sit one of the few energy guys who goes all out? IMO, no again.

Guy Caballero 11-19-2003 12:05 PM

Quote:

tentative and unsure, in other words, low confidence.

Exactly, which will not improve in the pressbox. They took Ryder out for two games and he came back with fire in his belly, tallying three points. Time to sit Rivet and get the youngster back in.

scosar 11-20-2003 08:16 AM

First, can Hainsey step in right now and play his game more often than not at the same level of competence as Bouillon can? IMO, he can't.

Probably not. But will Bouillon ever be a Number 1 or 2. Never. Willl Hainsey get better when he plays one game in 3 or 4. Probably not either We need to let him play, make his mistakes and learn from them. If he does in 2 years we have a bonafide No. 1-2. If he doesn't we need to be looking for one Playing Bouillon only delays Hainseys progress.

Secondly, the Habs are sorely lacking in character players like Bouillon, Begin and Koivu

That's what Rivet is and always has been. He was captain of the farm team in one of its locations, I think Fredricton but I can't remember. He is a character guy who plays the same steady game most nights. I laugh all the time when I hear about how bad he is or that he should be sent to Hamilton. One person gets on the I hate Rivet chant and all the sheep follow. He will never be more than a 4-5 guy but he is just what a dozen teams need. So he makes a lot of money. That just reflected the way the CBA is structured in regards to signing your own Free Agents.

EquabaleAce 11-20-2003 08:27 AM

Quote:

Honestly, i like Hainsey but right now Bouillon is the better skater in terms of speed, and talking about passing, Hainsey often makes alot of boneheaded passes that end up being called for icing, but he's improved alot on that, Hainsey also seems to have trouble in his own end at times moving the puck out, say if someone is forechecking him, he will pause, look around, theres an open man, but often i see him hesititating to make that 1st pass. He plays his best on offence, and it's quite evident, hes not shy to pass or shoot up there but i really feel he needs to work on his strength and his first step. One thing that really bothers me about him his he gets lazy at times on the ice. Heh, lazy, hardly any intensity(at times).

I know i'll prolly get yelled at for this, but i consider Komisarek(if given the chance) can be a better offensive(YES OFFENSIVE) defensemen then Hainsey, and i think Hainsey is our most overrated prospect. =/

P.S don't hate me, im just telling it like it is =p (my opinion)

eventually we are going to have to play hainsey and at that point he will keep making the same mistake as well

let him make them now while we are rebuilding so he will not make them later on

he must play in order to adjust to the nhl and like Munchausen said sitting 3 of 5 games doesn't help at all

i wish he would get more ice because komo has to get intergrated into the lineup and having 2 guys making these mistakes is alot worse than only 1 making them at a time

Joe Cole 11-21-2003 05:47 AM

Boullion. Good guy. Physical. Small man syndrome.

I like Boullion, last year he was a consistantly good player. He got outgunned by big guys, but he would retreat and maintain presence in his position.

This year....he is again taking the body, but when he loses, he takes himself out of the play by trying to run the guy who beat him. "Chicken without a head" style. "Look, I can play with the big men."

In the past two games, he has taken himself out of the play. Someone should tap him on the shoulder and whisper, "Bob Sweeney". Remember you are a defenceman, not an enforcer winger. You cannot afford to prove that you are just as strong as Joe Thorton on every shift. :teach:

On 110% Bergeron was praising him, really. :( Some people think that hockey is just about big hits. Don't get me wrong, they are fun. But the main idea of a body check is to take the man out of the play and for YOU to get back into the play quickly, creating a 5 on 4 situation for your team. If you stay tied up with a guy who is out of position is just ego-centric, and counter productive.

As for Hainsey, he is part of our future (along with Komo). They have to nurture him. Guys his size that can move the puck do not grow on trees. Keep him happy and developing. Honestly, put him with a responsible defensive D (do we have one?) and let him play against the 3rd and 4th line from the opposition. Experience...playing time....coaching. Don't burn him like the Rangers burn their prospects. ;)

Istvan 11-21-2003 05:58 AM

Quote:

It is not the point of view that doesn't make sense Example Zednik is my favorite player which doesn't make him the best in the NHL, itís just the explanation is very puerile.

"puerile". Nice. :D

calder candidate 11-21-2003 06:49 AM

Boullion is a 7th D a 6th a best, the thing is that he work a lot more then Rivet and Quintal.

Hainsey doesn't want to get hit or check, he's skinny and seem to be skating with is skate untied. overall not enough intensity. Went we are out of the he will get more ice time.

zurg999 11-21-2003 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istvan
"puerile". Nice. :D

He's quite young to be using a thesaurus.