HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Does injured player need to be put on ptotected list? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=293888)

Habs4ever 09-27-2006 07:04 PM

Does injured player need to be put on ptotected list?

I know there won't be waiver draft but every team will have to keep roster below the limit or additional players will have to clear waivers, and after knowing Souray and Bouillon injury could we protect more forwards?

Could we go over the limit until souray, bouillon return? Maybe there might be a way we could keep latenderesse for first 9 games without exposing any asset to the waiver wire!!

How about picking up depth defensive guys from other teams, for example, leafs have got few very good young defensive guys that will need to clear waivers, so can we pickup someone through waiver and later decide if that players stays or not?

We could maybe experiment waiver wire, it worked in Begin's case maybe we'll find someone else, there is nothing to lose by trying!!

terreur 09-27-2006 07:11 PM

Yeah, I know the leafs have a few good young D'S... we could pick one of them and maybe we'll be suprised.

Personnaly, I love waht i've seen up to know with Jay Harrisson. I don't know if he will be waived, but if it's not the leafs, there is at least one team that will waive a D.

Strazzobosco 09-27-2006 07:32 PM

I thought they removed the whole waiver draft with the new CBA. I guess I was wrong.

Turbo 09-27-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strazzobosco (Post 6595736)
I thought they removed the whole waiver draft with the new CBA. I guess I was wrong.

You are not wrong.

Habs4ever 09-27-2006 07:38 PM

They won't have waiver draft

Quote:

but teams still need to get under maximum skater allowed and teams like leafs just have way too much depth on defence so its very likely that we might see some good players put on waiver wire by the leafs.

Phil Parent 09-27-2006 07:46 PM

You are right, there's no OBLIGATORY Waiver Draft Day anymore.

But at the end of camps, a bunch of guys get released, and it becomes kind of a Waiver Draft only there's no Draft One/Release One rule, which allows a team to use a 22-men lineup, pick someone off waivers and keep him without the need to release anyone.

Anksun 09-27-2006 07:53 PM

Unless i'm completely out of my mind, the answer you are looking for is: No.

The 23 men-roster is the active roster of a team. Injured players are not active players, they do not count.

Habsurd 09-27-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Remember to distinguish between the waiver 'draft' and waiver 'wire'. There's no more w-draft.

Dr_Hook 09-27-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun (Post 6595985)
Unless i'm completely out of my mind, the answer you are looking for is: No.

The 23 men-roster is the active roster of a team. Injured players are not active players, they do not count.

exact. When an injured player is ready to come back, if you wanna insert him on the 23 players active roster, then you have to bump somebody out.

znk 09-27-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever (Post 6595807)
but teams still need to get under maximum skater allowed and teams like leafs just have way too much depth on defence so its very likely that we might see some good players put on waiver wire by the leafs.

not put on waivers....but assigned to their minor league teams(where some do have to clear wavers)