HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers assign Moore and Girardi to Hartford (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=294163)

RangerBoy 09-28-2006 01:47 PM

Rangers assign Moore and Girardi to Hartford
 
From Sam Weinman's blog

Quote:

As I said earlier, both Greg Moore and Dan Girardi were sent to Hartford today. Again, not a huge surprise, and I wouldn’t be surprised if more cuts come in the next day or so
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

broadwayblue 09-28-2006 02:08 PM

"The Rangers now play ABBA in their victory locker room." What, no more SC?

Fletch 09-28-2006 02:08 PM

I actually thought...
 
that a fourth line with he, Betts and Hollweg would've looked nice. Didn't think much of his first game (that was on TV), but he's grown on me. I guess we'll just say the standard - he won't get hurt playing a lot of time in a lot of situations in Hartford.

Fletch 09-28-2006 02:09 PM

Abba?
 
what, like Fernando?

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 02:16 PM

As they should have been (and I love Moore)..But both had good camps and will be NHLers before too long...And if Holly is the 4th line C, wonder when they send both Immo and Dubinsky down? will probably be a crusher for Immo.

Bluenote13 09-28-2006 02:20 PM

Too bad for Moore, he's got a future though and in his interview last night seemed ok with going down and learning and earning his way back to NY.

Abba, ha, Hanks influence knows no bounds :yo:

True Blue 09-28-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 6602179)
As they should have been (and I love Moore)..But both had good camps and will be NHLers before too long...And if Holly is the 4th line C, wonder when they send both Immo and Dubinsky down? will probably be a crusher for Immo.

Not allowing Immonen to be the 3rd center seems incredibly silly. It's not like he is having a worse camp than Betts. Is it really so that Dawes can make the team or so that Hossa can play? Ostensibly, w/o Dubi or Immo & w/ Dawes the bottom-2 lines would look like this:
Ward-Betts-Hall
Dawes-Hollweg-Hossa

Is it just me or does that look rather silly? What on Earth would be wrong with:
Ward-Immonen-Hall
Hollweg-Betts-Dawes/Hossa/Orr

Why compeltely lobotomize any type of scoring from your lower two lines?

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 6602296)
Not allowing Immonen to be the 3rd center seems incredibly silly. It's not like he is having a worse camp than Betts. Is it really so that Dawes can make the team or so that Hossa can play? Ostensibly, w/o Dubi or Immo & w/ Dawes the bottom-2 lines would look like this:
Ward-Betts-Hall
Dawes-Hollweg-Hossa

Is it just me or does that look rather silly? What on Earth would be wrong with:
Ward-Immonen-Hall
Hollweg-Betts-Dawes/Hossa/Orr

Why compeltely lobotomize any type of scoring from your lower two lines?

I agree with you mostly but am also against the 3rd-4th line convention for this team...Personally, I like Betts and thinks he is more important to the team then Immo...OTO, I don't like the 3rd and 4th Cs being Betts and Holly and would like a little more offense there, be it Immo or Dubinsky..I've always been for a defensive/hitting bottom 2 line---say Holly-Betts-Ward--and one that should be able to provide more offense--say Hossa/Dawes-Immo/Dubi-Hall..And ice time being dependant on the type of game...

But that's all moot because it's lloking like he wants to go with Betts-Holly (Hartford for both Immo and DUbi) at the onset and Hossa (not Dawes) at wing....But who knows, hie might surprise us and there also could be a few moves..I'll wait and see..

True Blue 09-28-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 6602489)
But that's all moot because it's lloking like he wants to go with Betts-Holly (Hartford for both Immo and DUbi) at the onset and Hossa (not Dawes) at wing....But who knows, hie might surprise us and there also could be a few moves..I'll wait and see..

I understand that, but I just wonder if the moves that look to be occuring are so truly so that Dawes can make the team or so that Hossa has a place to play? Becuase if it were Immonen and Betts as centers and Dawes truly makes the team, suddenly Hossa has no place to play. However, by moving Hollweg to center, he does.

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 6602605)
I understand that, but I just wonder if the moves that look to be occuring are so truly so that Dawes can make the team or so that Hossa has a place to play? Becuase if it were Immonen and Betts as centers and Dawes truly makes the team, suddenly Hossa has no place to play. However, by moving Hollweg to center, he does.

It does look like it's being done to give Hossa a place to play, doesn't it? Or, not that I agree, it just reflects Renney's high opinion of Hossa and that, relatively, he doesn't think Dawes is ready to contribute as much...And ditto for Dubi and Immo (and why Holly at C)..And I'm sure part of it is that he has no problem with Hollweg only playing 5 mins on some nights (which I don't like either because this is a kid also) but doesn't want that for the kids...Hopefully, it's becomes clearer in the next week..

True Blue 09-28-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 6602669)
It does look like it's being done to give Hossa a place to play, doesn't it? Or, not that I agree, it just reflects Renney's high opinion of Hossa and that, relatively, he doesn't think Dawes is ready to contribute as much...And ditto for Dubi and Immo (and why Holly at C)..And I'm sure part of it is that he has no problem with Hollweg only playing 5 mins on some nights (which I don't like either because this is a kid also) but doesn't want that for the kids...Hopefully, it's becomes clearer in the next week..

That basically summarizes the question of those who ask "Why to much discussion regarding Hossa?". It's not that any of the anti-Hossa crowd dislikes him as a 13th forward, it's that seemingly his presence in the lineup (both last year and this year) seems to take away from a more promising player.

Edge 09-28-2006 03:18 PM

Seemingly lost in all this is the belief that Hollweg might have more offensive upside than people realize.

Lost somewhere between the debates about Immonen/Dubinsky and Hossa is that Hollweg has some offensive upside.

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 6602762)
Seemingly lost in all this is the belief that Hollweg might have more offensive upside than people realize.

Lost somewhere between the debates about Immonen/Dubinsky and Hossa is that Hollweg has some offensive upside.

You and I have always agreed on this and that's why above I mentioned I didn't like Holly only getting 5 mins as a 4th line C and have said many times (who knows where, these threads all run together!) that I'm not crazy about his potential linemates (Orr, Hossa) and ice time...

And Renney has even said in the past how he tinks Holly can be so much more then a banger...We'll see how the year unfolds..

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 6602738)
That basically summarizes the question of those who ask "Why to much discussion regarding Hossa?". It's not that any of the anti-Hossa crowd dislikes him as a 13th forward, it's that seemingly his presence in the lineup (both last year and this year) seems to take away from a more promising player.

I think we just have to face it that Renney just likes Hossa and likes him in any number of situations.....Or is puffing the guy up for trade value...I think it';s the former though

Fletch 09-28-2006 03:29 PM

I think Hollweg does...
 
have more offensive upside, but we already saw what Betts can do on a third line, and what the third line did without Betts last season (the latter produced greater results - and you have noted Ward's skewed production which coincidentally came while Betts was injured). Here's a center who had (I believe) two assists.

Back to Hollweg - I think he has more offensive potential, but I don't know what it is. 5 goals? 10 goals? I personally do not think he has more offensive prowess than Dom Moore had.

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 6602853)
have more offensive upside, but we already saw what Betts can do on a third line, and what the third line did without Betts last season (the latter produced greater results - and you have noted Ward's skewed production which coincidentally came while Betts was injured). Here's a center who had (I believe) two assists.

Back to Hollweg - I think he has more offensive potential, but I don't know what it is. 5 goals? 10 goals? I personally do not think he has more offensive prowess than Dom Moore had.

Personally, I think he has the potential for 10-15 goals...He has the skating, the speed, the tenacity, and some underated puck handling skills (if you believe teamates and coaches) and put up some decent offensive numbers in Juniors..If told to be more then a banger, and he doesn't jsut look for the big hit, we might be able to see that offenive potential with time (ice and regular)..As for Moore, he had some decent finessey skills but never impressed me and, truth be told, suffered form Hossa-itis..

Fletch 09-28-2006 03:47 PM

I don't think...
 
he has the shot and nose for the net. I think he's a notch above Ortmeyer.

Ola 09-28-2006 03:49 PM

Its Kaspar who picked ABBA's "the winner takes it all" to be played after wins.

I think its a funny choice, gooing by the name of it, its easy to belive its in the same mold as "We are the champions", but its about a divorce, and if its worth fighting with your former partner about whos the winner.

Kaspars wife where Swedish, Ingela, and they have just divorced. I don't know if Kaspar really is that deep, or if he just don't get the lyrics... :)

Davisian 09-28-2006 03:51 PM

Ward-Hollweg-Hall

Would be a forechecking, cycling, garbage goal machine the likes the New York Rangers have not had in a long time. If ever.

And all three can play each position.

Larry Melnyk 09-28-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 6602965)
he has the shot and nose for the net. I think he's a notch above Ortmeyer.

That's cool, we shall see...Do agree that the nose for the net has not been apparent..Maybe it might be as a C and him not just being a hitting machine.

Bluenote13 09-28-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian (Post 6602986)
Ward-Hollweg-Hall

Would be a forechecking, cycling, garbage goal machine the likes the New York Rangers have not had in a long time. If ever.

And all three can play each position.

No real fluid skater in the bunch, but I likey :D

eco's bones 09-28-2006 04:53 PM

Can't say I like Hollweg at center especially if Betts is another center. Hollweg might have some untapped offensive ability but then again he might not--2 pro seasons (1 AHL, 1 NHL) haven't produced much. Hate to say it but centerman Hollweg might just be the reincarnation of P. J. Stock. Playing center might mean also that his responsibilities change to covering more ice defensively and therefore spending less time forechecking and being the first guy in on the puck carrier. The big debate is how these bottom two lines are going to be configured. Like either Dubinsky or Immonen for 3rd line center. Think Hall should be one of the wings--Dawes if he's still around the other. 4th line Betts, Ward and Hollweg. Certainly doesn't leave room for Hossa but I imagine they'll find opportunities to insert him here and there. Anyway that's what I would do.

Ola 09-28-2006 05:34 PM

I am not so sure if Hollweg centering a 4th line getting about the same minutes as our 4th line got last season is a great idea. At the same time, maybe it would be great for Ryan's game to play some center.

I've thought allot about Hollweg lately, he do have some offensive upside, but he almost never shows it.

I think a big reason for it, is the way he moves on the ice. Its hard only seeing him on tv, but follow him as much as possible on a shift. He skates extremely hard in bursts, untill he gets into position, where he kind of stops, follows the play, and then bursts into next positions, very dillegently. Ryan probably accelerate and breaks 7-8 times in avg per shift. Its not a optimal way to move.

Though this style do have both pro's and cons. Its good because he almost never gets caugt out of position. He is always turned the right way, and follows the play really closely, the way he sees the ice without the puck is pretty underrated, though it shows at the number of hits he is able to land.

The negative side is that while Hollweg has his fair share of "takeaways", he either gets the puck kind of standing still, or moving slowly, or when he is moving in direction to hit someone.

The opposite of moving like Hollweg, is probably a player like Mike York, he is always skating, probably can go a entire game without ever breaking, or stopping. That way a player like York, who aren't really that fast, still beats allot of player with his speed, cause whenever he picksup a puck he already are moving at full speed. The negative side of playing like York is that its impossible to always be in position and still skate in full speed, cause at times the right position remains at the same place for a few seconds.

If Hollweg gets to play as a center for a half a season, or something like that, he would have to play allot more with the puck, improvising allot more. That might jump start his offensive game, give him more confidence with the puck. It would also be good if Hollweg picked up some experience at center, if we later in his career wanted to play him with rookie center. In thoose situations its always good to have a winger who can help out if needed in the transition game.

Nick00 09-28-2006 05:52 PM

Lessard was recalled also

Radek27 09-28-2006 05:52 PM

I don't like this move. I really thought Moore looked like he was ready to take the jump to the NHL level. He played very well in every game I seen him in......picked up some points, took the body, and showed his skating in up to par for this level. What else could he have done to make the team?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.