HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Francis Lessard recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=294353)

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-28-2006 11:19 PM

Francis Lessard recalled

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2298

oh well we called up a goon :handclap: :bow:

BrooklynRangersFan 09-28-2006 11:38 PM

Clearly, they're prepping him for the role he'll play this season. :) ("Son, go play at HFD for 12 games until we have a nasty opponent - then, if Orr's hurting, you need to be ready to hop on Metro North at a moment's notice.)

Nick00 09-28-2006 11:39 PM

I don't understand this move if Orr is going to be in the lineup, but if not I think this is a good idea going up against the islanders.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-28-2006 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick26 (Post 6606034)
I don't understand this move if Orr is going to be in the lineup, but if not I think this is a good idea going up against the islanders.

anyone know why FSNY or MSG wont air Devils or Islanders home preseason games??? I wanna watch tonights game :shakehead

I Am Chariot 09-29-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick26 (Post 6606034)

You must have missed the memo. Colton Orr is a Hockey Player now.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-29-2006 12:18 AM

I feel bad for Islanders and Devils fans, they dont get any preseason home games on tv, at least the Rangers do.

I Am Chariot 09-29-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6606125)
I feel bad for Islanders and Devils fans, they dont get any preseason home games on tv, at least the Rangers do.

and to think thats the LEAST of reasons to feel sorry for them

:biglaugh:

RangerBoy 09-29-2006 06:02 AM

Lessard will be Jagr's bodyguard.Jagr is expected to play

Quote:

To try to deter anyone from taking a run at the vulnerable Jagr tonight or tomorrow in Boston, the Rangers yesterday summoned former Thrashers enforcer Francis Lessard from Hartford. Lessard, 26, a Montreal native, is one of hockey's best-known boxers. "I'll go against anybody" is the 6-3, 225-pound defenseman-turned-right wing-turned puncher's credo
Quote:

The return of Lessard raises questions about the last two roster spots, for which prospects Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky and Jarkko Immonen are battling. That is, unless Lessard remains with the team next week and Colton Orr is shipped to Hartford. Also uncertain is the role of versatile forward Ryan Hollweg, who has played center this past week. If he becomes the fourth-line center, Immonen and Dubinsky would seem to be left out. Underachieving Marcel Hossa, who has a one-way deal, is assured of a spot. With a $600,000 contract, Hossa would have to clear waivers to be sent to the Wolf Pack.
Steve doesn't realize Orr would have to clear waivers

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

NYR469 09-29-2006 06:39 AM

here are my 2 theories on why lessard is getting another look

1)he is on a tryout and they still have to decide if he is worth signing...if he isn't capable of being a servicable fill-in at the nhl level then there is no reason to sign him.

2)you can't keep a kid as an extra skater. if dawes/dubinsky/immonen aren't in the regular lineup they need to go to hartford to play. so while you can look at it as there are 2 spots for those 3 to fight over if hossa and/or orr are gonna be playing then those 3 are gonna end up in hartford. you want a veteran sitting in the stands cause you aren't worried about the development of a journeyman vet...there are almost no vets down in hartford this year so there aren't many options if hossa and orr play, but lessard is a candidate to fill the role of 13/14th forward sitting in the pressbox

eco's bones 09-29-2006 06:46 AM

Lessard is still unsigned as far as I know--as to who he would competition for that would be Orr at least IMO. The question that occurs is whether he's a better skater, player than Orr. Maybe we're going find out.

HockeyBasedNYC 09-29-2006 08:19 AM

Its preaseason, they want to protect Jagr and get another look at the guy too. Everything will fall into place.

E-Train 09-29-2006 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6606062)
anyone know why FSNY or MSG wont air Devils or Islanders home preseason games??? I wanna watch tonights game :shakehead

Then go to the Coliseum. You can get in for $20. :shakehead

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-29-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train (Post 6606866)
Then go to the Coliseum. You can get in for $20. :shakehead

I have work

RangerBoy 09-29-2006 10:17 AM

Are the Rangers going to waste a NHL contract on Lessard?Why would the Rangers carry 14 forwards?Especially with the cap.The Rangers should carry 22 players.Two extra players-1 defenseman and 1 forward.They are allowed to carry 23.Sandis Ozolinsh will open the season on IR.His pro rated salary counts against the cap.If Kevin Weekes isn't ready to start the season and is placed on IR or even they don't place him on IR and have Steve Valiquette as the back up,both players count against the cap

Nick00 09-29-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 6607488)
Are the Rangers going to waste a NHL contract on Lessard?Why would the Rangers carry 14 forwards?Especially with the cap.The Rangers should carry 22 players.Two extra players-1 defenseman and 1 forward.They are allowed to carry 23.Sandis Ozolinsh will open the season on IR.His pro rated salary counts against the cap.If Kevin Weekes isn't ready to start the season and is placed on IR or even they don't place him on IR and have Steve Valiquette as the back up,both players count against the cap

I don't think they'll sign him.
Like you quoted before this is probably just the rangers wanting to give jagr more protection.
He'll probably get reassigned after the preseason

shoothepuck 09-29-2006 12:42 PM

They get to look at Lessard and provide extra protection for Jagr and the rest, not a bad thing.

True Blue Bleed Blue 09-30-2006 12:11 PM

Orr will probably start, no reason to have Lessard as an extra forward, he and Hossa would work