HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Question : Carter for Rivet? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29444)

HHB 11-19-2003 11:04 AM

Question : Carter for Rivet?
 
Just asking so don't flame please.

Would the Rangers be interested in Rivet for Carter. I think Rivet could be exactly what the doctor ordered to the Rangers, a defensive physical d-man (although he doesn't have a good season...).

He is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable cost (3M/year) and is still fairly young (29).

Carter could obviously help the Canadiens. He doesn't seem to be a good fit with the Rangers anyway.

DLaCouture39 11-19-2003 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHB
Just asking so don't flame please.

Would the Rangers be interested in Rivet for Carter. I think Rivet could be exactly what the doctor ordered to the Rangers, a defensive physical d-man (although he doesn't have a good season...).

He is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable cost (3M/year) and is still fairly young (29).

Carter could obviously help the Canadiens. He doesn't seem to be a good fit with the Rangers anyway.


Add Jason Ward to the deal and Id do it. I think Ward and Rivet for Carter would be good for both teams.

LiquidClown 11-19-2003 01:41 PM

Nah but we'll take that bum Komisarek off your hands :D

I mean come on you dont' REALLY need him do you? ;)

The problem with the deal is we've got enough defenseman, so you take say BOBO or vlad and throw in a 3rd round pick and it's a deal. Hell you can even have both bobo and vlad if you really want.

barnaby63 11-19-2003 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Nah but we'll take that bum Komisarek off your hands :D

I mean come on you dont' REALLY need him do you? ;)

The problem with the deal is we've got enough defenseman, so you take say BOBO or vlad and throw in a 3rd round pick and it's a deal. Hell you can even have both bobo and vlad if you really want.

yea, especially since vlad/mironov have been our steadiest defensive pair all year! who needs that, they stink, lets get sean brown in here pronto!

*shakes head*

#37-#93-#27* 11-19-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHB
Just asking so don't flame please.

Would the Rangers be interested in Rivet for Carter. I think Rivet could be exactly what the doctor ordered to the Rangers, a defensive physical d-man (although he doesn't have a good season...).

He is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable cost (3M/year) and is still fairly young (29).

Carter could obviously help the Canadiens. He doesn't seem to be a good fit with the Rangers anyway.

I don't think they would be, not for Carter at least. I can't imagine Rivet is all that good considering Montreal has crappy defense (not the youth) and he's not exactly someone who jumps at you that you think is good.

I'm sure Carter could fetch something better then Rivet elsewhere.

Kvashinator12 11-19-2003 05:55 PM

Totally Disagree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I don't think they would be, not for Carter at least. I can't imagine Rivet is all that good considering Montreal has crappy defense (not the youth) and he's not exactly someone who jumps at you that you think is good.

I'm sure Carter could fetch something better then Rivet elsewhere.


he has a hefty price tag, and isn't doing to much with 4 points in 16 games..he hasn't played well since he has been in NY....The deal for carter was cross and dvorak..i think this deal is about right imo

#37-#93-#27* 11-19-2003 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
he has a hefty price tag, and isn't doing to much with 4 points in 16 games..he hasn't played well since he has been in NY....The deal for carter was cross and dvorak..i think this deal is about right imo

Hefty price tag? He only makes 2.8 mill. And because he's not doing well <b>here</b> doesn't mean he's not worth anything.

I suppose using that logic you also think Chow is now worth Mike Modano?

donpaulo 11-19-2003 11:50 PM

then on the basis of points richard zednik (with only 8 points) is worth chris simon right also with 8 points ? sic
so simon for zednik...

that isn't happening any time soon,

neither is rivet for carter.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.