HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   September 30th Globe & Herald articles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=294810)

HockeyGoddess 09-30-2006 04:31 AM

September 30th Globe & Herald articles

Boston Globe:

Bruins dig Garden updates

Boston Herald:

A minor miracle: Dempsey sticks with B's

Don Cherry* 09-30-2006 04:49 AM

From reading the Harris article it sounds like Lewis is thinking of naming more than one captain?? It's going to be early next week now?

This is being made into too much of an issue. Why can't Lewis simply name Chara and get it done with? Maybe he's so wishy-washy that he doesn't want others to get their wittle feewings hurt? Why doesn't he just name everyone captain? :shakehead

It's nice to see a veteran journeyman like Dempsey stick with it and get a shot as an NHL regular. I think he would have been number one on last years D on the season opener when you consider that we had crap like Moran and Slegr. Good luck to him!

TheBigBadB 09-30-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Cherry (Post 6615099)
From reading the Harris article it sounds like Lewis is thinking of naming more than one captain?? It's going to be early next week now?

This is being made into too much of an issue. Why can't Lewis simply name Chara and get it done with? Maybe he's so wishy-washy that he doesn't want others to get their wittle feewings hurt? Why doesn't he just name everyone captain? :shakehead

It's nice to see a veteran journeyman like Dempsey stick with it and get a shot as an NHL regular. I think he would have been number one on last years D on the season opener when you consider that we had crap like Moran and Slegr. Good luck to him!

nah I dont think thats the case. I just think he meant assistant Captains as well. They are technically all captains. I think thats the point he was making there. Could be wrong though..

GloryDaze4877 09-30-2006 06:37 AM

Savard can trash-talk all he wants...as long as he backs it up:D

Nice blurb on Dempsey...it's too bad he will be relegated to 7th D after M-Stu completes his rehab (snicker). It would not suprise me at all if Stuart ends up in the Top 4 by year's end,despite DC's assertion that he was not impressive in his 10 game, oops...I mean 17 game cameo last season.

dead_golem 09-30-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 (Post 6615222)
Savard can trash-talk all he wants...as long as he backs it up:D

Nice blurb on Dempsey...it's too bad he will be relegated to 7th D after M-Stu completes his rehab (snicker). It would not suprise me at all if Stuart ends up in the Top 4 by year's end,despite DC's assertion that he was not impressive in his 10 game, oops...I mean 17 game cameo last season.

I'm not so sure about that. Its likely (at least to get back in shape) M. Stuart will head back to providence, but even if/when he does get recalled, i'm not sure Dempsey is the one he'd be replacing.

Mostly because they play entirely different games. Dempsey has alot more mobility and offense to his game. I could see them being used in an either/or situation, depending on what we need in the lineup.

Actually they might make a good pairing for that reason. Could be York sitting as a scratch. I doubt we send either York or Dempsey to the minors anytime soon--they would likely get claimed.

neelynugs 09-30-2006 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 (Post 6615222)

not sure about how long this might last, but rob murray was telling me that he "expected" mark stuart to be in providence for a decent amount of time once he was ready for game action. i figure he'll need about 2-4 weeks down there before they bring him back up - point being, it didn't sound like mark was going to jump into the boston lineup when he returned.

Cheesy 09-30-2006 11:58 AM

They might name co-captains and then one or two alternates, who knows. It wouldn't be the first time a team had co-captains. I don't think it's gonna be like a Minnesota siutation with a different guy every month. At least I hope not, I'm not really a fan of that.

Don Cherry* 09-30-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs (Post 6615407)
not sure about how long this might last, but rob murray was telling me that he "expected" mark stuart to be in providence for a decent amount of time once he was ready for game action. i figure he'll need about 2-4 weeks down there before they bring him back up - point being, it didn't sound like mark was going to jump into the boston lineup when he returned.

He should never have to play another minor league game, imo. As solid and simple as he was in those 10-17 games he's played there is nothing left for him to prove. :teach: