HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers assign Staal to Sudbury/Dubinsky&Lessard to HFD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=294919)

RangerBoy 09-30-2006 01:39 PM

Rangers assign Staal to Sudbury/Dubinsky&Lessard to HFD
 
Quote:

New York, September 30, 2006—New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has reassigned three players from training camp. Defenseman Marc Staal was reassigned to the Sudbury Wolves of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), while forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Francis Lessard were reassigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

The Rangers have 46 NHL contracts

It was 48 with Staal and Michael Sauer but they don't count since they were sent back to the CHL

nyranger61494 09-30-2006 01:39 PM

Staal, Dubinsky and Lessard Re-assigned
 
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Quote:

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has reassigned three players from training camp. Defenseman Marc Staal was reassigned to the Sudbury Wolves of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), while forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Francis Lessard were reassigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL). The Rangers now have 27 players remaining in training camp, including three goaltenders, nine defensemen and 15 forwards. New York returns to action today at 4:00 p.m., as the club closes out the pre-season vs. the Boston Bruins at TD Banknorth Garden.

Levitate 09-30-2006 01:41 PM

well, no huge surprises I guess. I had hoped Dubinsky could stick, but time in the AHL will help him

Taz 09-30-2006 01:42 PM

so dawes has made it with Immonen?

i think Stall needed to be sent down, little disappointed about Dubinsky

Inferno 09-30-2006 01:43 PM

the staal move confuses me. i thought keeping him up here for the 10 game max woulda been smarter, to have him train and practice w/ the big team would probably be more beneficial than playing w/ sudsbury...at least for 10 games.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-30-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 6616944)
so dawes has made it with Immonen?

i think Stall needed to be sent down, little disappointed about Dubinsky

well Im glad Baranka stuck around for as long as he did, I hope he plays in a few games this year. I hope Dubinsky will get called up in the near future.

RangerBoy 09-30-2006 01:43 PM

PLAYERS STILL IN NEW YORK RANGERS TRAINING CAMP:
Goal: Henrik Lundqvist, Stephen Valiquette and Kevin Weekes
Defense: Ivan Baranka, Darius Kasparaitis, Marek Malik, Thomas Pock, Karel Rachunek,Fedor Tyutin and Aaron Ward
Forwards: Blair Betts, Matt Cullen, Nigel Dawes,Adam Hall, Ryan Hollweg, Marcel Hossa, Jarkko Immonen, Jaromir Jagr, Michal Nylander, Colton Orr, Petr Prucha, Brendan Shanahan, Martin Straka and Jason Ward

PLAYERS CURRENTLY INJURED:
Defense: Sandis Ozolinsh, Michal Rozsival
Forward: Jed Ortmeyer

DontStaal 09-30-2006 01:49 PM

well that answers the dubi vs. Immonen debates.. so wat do you guys think? Immo on the third line, betts on the 4th.. or vice versa?

also, baranka - chance over pock? i doubt it, but boy are they givin him a deep look.

Edge 09-30-2006 01:52 PM

Personally I'd hope Immonen plays third with Betts 4th if thats what they decide.

Also I'd love to see Baranka make the team and not as a 7th defenseman. He's quietly been very steady and played HIS game this preseason.

I'd be very happy with Dawes, Immonen, Baranka on the team.

BigE 09-30-2006 01:54 PM

Nice to see Baranka still there.

Son of Steinbrenner 09-30-2006 01:55 PM

looks like immonen and dawes have both made the team.. a lot of "true rebuild" posters over the past week have cried they both wouldn't make it....funny how those guys are always on the money..

it's too bad staal had to be returned to junior. I personally think 20 to 40 games plus practice in the nhl is better for his development but maybe that's just me..

pock looks like the teams 7th defenseman. Hey guys he friggin earned that with his play in camp..

this is not the last will see of dubinsky this year. he is going to be a heck of a pro i just hope he goes to hartford with the right frame of mind..

i guess our opening night roster is set...

It looks like the best 23 players from camp have made the team which is another sign that things are much different than they were a few years back..

Son of Steinbrenner 09-30-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge (Post 6617025)
Personally I'd hope Immonen plays third with Betts 4th if thats what they decide.

Also I'd love to see Baranka make the team and not as a 7th defenseman. He's quietly been very steady and played HIS game this preseason.

I'd be very happy with Dawes, Immonen, Baranka on the team.

I'm going out on a limb here but i predict our lines to be..
prucha nylander jagr-takes presure off jagr
dawes cullen shanny-played together during the islander home islander game
straka immonen hall-don't discount the FACT that renney used this line a lot in preseason
hollweg betts ward-solid 4th line

when orr needs to be inserted you can scratch immonen and switch hollweg fourth line center..

the rangers have a very flexible and interchangable lineup from forward to defense..

if baranka makes the team expect kaspar to be the odd man out. Infact it would not shock me if the rangers were shopping him..

Edge 09-30-2006 02:03 PM

Pretty much agree with the whole thing, and flexibility is one thing I've been saying for a while myself.

I think you can take mostly anyone in the top 12 and move them around.

I have to believe that:

A. Baranka, if not now, SOON is making the full time jump.

B. There are serious concerns about Kaspar being able to be Kaspar at this point.

Larry Melnyk 09-30-2006 02:16 PM

Good decison on Dubinsky...Though posible ready for NHL minutes. the AHL is the best place for hime...

I guess the question comes sown to whether none, one or both of Dawes and Immo are on the team opening night...Right now, if Holly is the 4th C, at least one of immo and Dawes is a bench players, both if Orr is a 4th liner.......and that's not good for either...Still wouldn't be surprised with a waiver wire or trade pick-up...

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-30-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 6617173)
Good decison on Dubinsky...Though posible ready for NHL minutes. the AHL is the best place for hime...

I guess the question comes sown to whether none, one or both of Dawes and Immo are on the team opening night...Right now, if Holly is the 4th C, at least one of immo and Dawes is a bench players, both if Orr is a 4th liner.......and that's not good for either...Still wouldn't be surprised with a waiver wire or trade pick-up...

why a pickup, we gotta dump crap like hossa first so we can play dawes, i dont think we need any more players. maybe a gritty depth dman, but that is all

SpinTheBlackCircle 09-30-2006 02:29 PM

Dubie shoulda stayed

SPG 09-30-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 6616948)
well Im glad Baranka stuck around for as long as he did

Baranka is still with the team...

Fletch 09-30-2006 02:47 PM

From what I saw...
 
Dubi's not ready. Too much of the play passes him by. It's a numbers game for Staal, who didn't totally look ready, but the OHL will be a waste for him (Sam mentioned this the other night, actually).

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-30-2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPG (Post 6617336)
Baranka is still with the team...

yea i know that, im still shocked though, could be an underrated dman when he makes NHL full time. Maybe a young Petr Svoboda former flyers dman

Ola 09-30-2006 02:59 PM

I think this team needs Betts more on ice then they need Immonen.

Betts is tough to play against, he wears other players down, with his skating and hustle.

BDubinskyNYR17* 09-30-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 6617515)
I think this team needs Betts more on ice then they need Immonen.

Betts is tough to play against, he wears other players down, with his skating and hustle.

and when down a goal, i dont want him on the ice cause he cant score, much rather have immonen, cullen or nylander when down a goal

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 6617072)
I'm going out on a limb here but i predict our lines to be..
prucha nylander jagr-takes presure off jagr
dawes cullen shanny-played together during the islander home islander game
straka immonen hall-don't discount the FACT that renney used this line a lot in preseason
hollweg betts ward-solid 4th line

I like those lines, though I'm not sure Straka's getting enough ice time on the 3rd line barring a lot of special teams play. As you said, flexible enough to make changes on the fly without really upseting the balance.

Someone's still gotta go though. Will it be Hossa?

Son of Steinbrenner 09-30-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 6617652)
I like those lines, though I'm not sure Straka's getting enough ice time on the 3rd line barring a lot of special teams play. As you said, flexible enough to make changes on the fly without really upseting the balance.

Someone's still gotta go though. Will it be Hossa?

Straka will play enough special teams to make up for the ice time lost...imho..

If the rangers send baranka to hartford and place weekes on ir they are at 23..

I know you are asking me about Hossa to back me in a corner but i'm assuming you haven't read what I've wrote about him or at least you've seen what you wanted to see...

I think Hossa is the 13th forward and if somebody beats him out for THAT spot so be it. I think he adds a lot to the team but I'm not getting into this in another thread..

What youngster do you want wasted in that spot?

However if a forward needs to go at some point it should be Orr before Hossa. Guys like Orr are found in a beer league (guys who need there sticks for balance are pretty common in those leagues) ok i'm exagerating but guys like lessard or hoffman could easily replace orr if we lost orr on waivers...

Melrose_Jr. 09-30-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 6617751)

However if a forward needs to go at some point it should be Orr before Hossa. Guys like Orr are found in a beer league (guys who need there sticks for balance are pretty common in those leagues) ok i'm exagerating but guys like lessard or hoffman could easily replace orr if we lost orr on waivers...

I agree, but I just think the organization likes Orr, likes what they saw from his this preseason and isn't quite ready to risk him on waivers. I think the same holds true for Hossa.

I'm inclined to send Baranka down and continue to see how the battle for these forward positions plays out early in the season without risking assets I might need in case of injury or to get a preferred matchup. As much as I'm not a fan of Hossa or Orr, they've played well enough so far to continue to look.

wolfgaze 09-30-2006 03:45 PM

Probably better to have Immonen on the team at this point because of his penalty killing ability.... He will be a welcome addition to the PK.... Particularly on face-offs....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.