HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Novoseltsev and/or Nilson to Chicago? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29596)

PantherBlood6* 11-19-2003 10:17 PM

Novoseltsev and/or Nilson to Chicago?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Trade winds

Blackhawks GM Bob Pulford attended Wednesday's game against the Islanders, and according to sources, met with Dudley before the game. Pulford, who has publicly stated he's had trade talks with the Islanders, is in need of forwards as the Blackhawks, ravaged by injuries, begin a six-game road trip.

While Islanders forward Mark Parrish, a former Panther, is a strong possibility, so may be Panthers right wing Ivan Novoseltsev, a surprise insertion into Wednesday's lineup, perhaps as a showcase.

Also, Marcus Nilson, whose ice time has dropped under Dudley, is the type of player Blackhawks coach Brian Sutter likes.

Several scouts attended Wednesday's game, including Hall of Fame coach and Red Wings consultant Scotty Bowman. ...

I don't really care if Novoseltsev is traded, but I'd hate to see Nilson go...he's one of the few that actually plays with a little heart on this pathetic excuse for a team.

Reign Nateo 11-19-2003 10:33 PM

Interesting, I wonder what Florida would want the other way?

I would assume Novoseltsev is worth a mid-round pick at best at this point, but Marcus Nilson should have decent value...

Wingboy2999 11-19-2003 10:46 PM

Could these guys even help? Doesn't Chicago need help on D?

Stuy 11-20-2003 07:43 AM

Novoseltsev was on waivers at one point. He has no trade value. Nilson would be alright but just say no to Novoseltsev.

Darth Milbury 11-20-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
Novoseltsev was on waivers at one point. He has no trade value. Nilson would be alright but just say no to Novoseltsev.

Pulford has been following the Isles for days and Isles scout Ken Morrow has been at most recent Chicago games. An Islander/Chicago deal is probably in the works. I doubt FLA is involved.

PanthersRule96 11-20-2003 10:31 AM

I would want back either Yakubov, Radulov, or Vorobiev from CHI.
ranking in order 1) Radulov, 2) Vorobiev 3) Yakubov
Nilson, Trnka, and Novoseltsev

for

1Radulov, 2Vorobiev or 3Yakubov

Stuy 11-20-2003 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersRule

for

Keep dreaming. Those guys are going nowhere.

PantherBlood6* 11-20-2003 10:59 AM

Quote:

for

Trnka has been playing well, but makes about 1M per year so he has no value. Novo doesn't either.

Hawks aren't going to deal any of those 3 guys...especially not for only Nilson.

Lanny MacDonald* 11-20-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

for

Why would Chicago trade any of these players for the crap being discussed? Novoseltsev is at best a third line player. Nilson's stock is sinking quickly. Why trade away a stud with great potential and get back a second rate player that would be a throw away in a season or two? Plus, I thought the Hawks needed defense, not forwards?

Tiki 11-20-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wirtzsucks
Keep dreaming. Those guys are going nowhere.

.....and I used to post like that about Loungo. Your ownership/GM is as nuts as the Isles.

Darth Milbury 11-20-2003 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
.....and I used to post like that about Loungo. Your ownership/GM is as nuts as the Isles.

NOBODY is as crazy as our GM.

Nobody.

PanthersRule96 11-20-2003 05:19 PM

Mibury is freaking retarded. How does he still have his job. Also, Pulford is an idiot and I read several rumors about how Sutter disliked the skilled Euros like Radulov or Vorobiev and how he wanted character players like Nilson.

I rethough the proposal and how about.

Nilson, Filip Novak-when healthy

for Radulov

Novak is a high level offensive dman prospect and Nilson is a sutter type guy.
or

Nilson, Taticek, Lilja, a 3rd rounder in 04

for

2 of three

Arnason, Vorobiev, Yakubov, Radulov

Nilson=gritty 3rd line character guy
Taticek=sleeper 1rst round pick with lots of size and playmaking ability
Lilja=was our best dman and is cheap
3rd rounder

Vorobiev=Taticek
Nilson, Lilja (when playing his best which looks like he doing again) and a 3rd=Radulov

IslesJack 11-20-2003 06:14 PM

ok

Well, last year Milbury supposively had a deal done with Dudley that would've sent Brad Isbister for Marcus Nilson. So that gives you an idea of Nilsons value.

sting_fan 11-20-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesJack
Well, last year Milbury supposively had a deal done with Dudley that would've sent Brad Isbister for Marcus Nilson. So that gives you an idea of Nilsons value.

That's a pre-concussion Nilson. IMO, he hasn't been the same player since.