HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your thoughts ! Going into the season : (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=296735)

BORAT 10-04-2006 02:55 PM

Your thoughts ! Going into the season :

Well folks

After carefully watching 2 preseason games and talking to neighbours, friends, family etc ...

Something surprised me this morning reading Lapresse.

Francois Gagnon mentionned that both Huet and Aebisher were back in their nets at the practice the team had in the Laurentides.

Apparently it is not unrealistic that the Habs may call up Yann Danis after 5 games if Huet and Aebischer aren't showing !

... not very reassuring

As for the Forwards and D's questions abound and I think that it's sufficient to say that this season might go both ways :

Scenario 1 - The Habs Goaltending proves good, the team plays with trust and the Habs can aim at 4th or 5th in the east.

Scenario 2 - The Habs Goaltending fails, the D's have a rough time and it all goes to the snapper ! Habs finish out of contention !

No matter what though, the Bruins lose in the first round

GoodKiwi 10-04-2006 02:59 PM

My thoughts are that maybe, just maybe, all those hockey analysts who's articles I've been reading lately are correct in their assumptions that Montreal will not have a successful season and we won't make it in the playoffs. And that would certainly make me go :banghead:

That's what I've been thinking about for the last couple of days anyway. Sharing the scraps with NYI in the East? :eek: *pulls out a gun*

HH 10-04-2006 03:00 PM

My thoughts are, throw the predictions out the window and lets play hockey!

Habbadasher 10-04-2006 03:01 PM

The brief fottage I saw on tv showed Huet at the top of his crease.

Le depisteur 10-04-2006 03:03 PM

Montreal are underestimated...
Boston are overrated...

Go Habs Go!!!

FisherKing 10-04-2006 04:51 PM

Well, some seem to be afraid that Huet was a "one hit wonder", but I'm not one of those. He played extremely well the last half of last season so as far as I'm concerned, I think he'll continue his solid play. At least, that's my belief until he shows otherwise.

I expect good things from the forward lines now that Ribs is gone. I really felt he was holding us back. I think Pleks will prove more than able to play 2nd line centre and will be a big improvement. I also expect good things from Johnson. Maybe not a star, but should be an improvement. They'll start Tender out slow I think, 4th line to minimize pressure on him, but he should have a strong second half.

The really big question mark, in my view, is Koivu. If he goes down with injury, I really don't think we have a centre to replace him, and that's worrisome.

All in all, I think we'll make the playoffs, and could even do some damage. The D could go either way, and will remain basically the same, but if Nin finds his game, well, I think he could make for a much stronger D. If he doesn't, well, we're about where we were last year I think on D, although Komi could come into his own this year and make an impact.

Just some random thoughts. We'll know better after everyone gets a few games under their belt.

Cheers.

tinyzombies 10-04-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORAT (Post 6656025)
Well folks

After carefully watching 2 preseason games and talking to neighbours, friends, family etc ...

Something surprised me this morning reading Lapresse.

Francois Gagnon mentionned that both Huet and Aebisher were back in their nets at the practice the team had in the Laurentides.

Apparently it is not unrealistic that the Habs may call up Yann Danis after 5 games if Huet and Aebischer aren't showing !

... not very reassuring

As for the Forwards and D's questions abound and I think that it's sufficient to say that this season might go both ways :

Scenario 1 - The Habs Goaltending proves good, the team plays with trust and the Habs can aim at 4th or 5th in the east.

Scenario 2 - The Habs Goaltending fails, the D's have a rough time and it all goes to the snapper ! Habs finish out of contention !

No matter what though, the Bruins lose in the first round

I don't see the goaltending as the problem. One of Huet or Aeby will pick up the slack, I don't think both will go down.

I think the problem is our agility and puck moving on defense. Buffalo and Ottawa and Boston are gonna eat us alive. But we should do the same to their D.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-04-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 6656112)
My thoughts are, throw the predictions out the window and lets play hockey!

:handclap: