HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Frolov trade value? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29681)

gbl1p 11-20-2003 08:24 AM

Frolov trade value?

What would Kings fans want to fetch off of the Ottawa roster for Frolov?

Face Wash 11-20-2003 09:07 AM

thanks for thinking Frolov is a great player... we do too. Therefore, no disrespect to your extremely talented team, but I think we'll keep Fro for a while...

LuckyLUC20 11-20-2003 09:15 AM

Agree with Face Wash. I would be severely disappointed if Frolov were traded. This guy is going to be a star and we're seeing flashes of it already. He's developing into a really good 2-way forward. He's been seeing a lot of time on the PK lately and has shown that he can dominate a game like he did against Toronto. I hope he stays a King a long time. :)

MOOSE55 11-20-2003 09:26 AM

That kinda deal won't happen, Frolov is young/cheap/top 6.......LA won't take prospects(we're already stacked). Ottawa would have top give a top 6 and probably a d-man too......Frolov to us is like Spezza to you.

Kearney 11-20-2003 09:49 AM

To fans he is considered untouchable.

(Are you listening Dave Taylor?)

Whinks 11-20-2003 10:06 AM

Would you guys do Gagne for Frolov?

willie 11-20-2003 10:08 AM

Quote:

What would Kings fans want to fetch off of the Ottawa roster for Frolov?
Jason Spezza would be nice.

Quote:

Would you guys do Gagne for Frolov?
I probably wouldn't. Gagne is certainly an upgrade now but I much prefer Frolov's long term potential. I would have to consider it though.

punchy1 11-20-2003 10:16 AM

If it is a simple answer for speculation purposes and your not asking us to evaluate any potential deals then.......

I would say that Frolov for Spezza would be interesting for both teams. Spezza is a great young center with big upside and star potential. So is Frolov. Frolov is getting it done on a team that is purely a deffensive system wich allows its offencive players to pounce when a mistake is made. In other words, he is scoring with limited pp time and has been getting it done with "energy" line players. If the line up stays the same (I hope not, it would be great to get Stump back) I think Frolov will start scoring a bunch.

Spezza is on the most talented team in the league and is playing very well. He has solid skills and is also starting to show some very good play in his own end.

Frolov for Spezza.

Frolov for Havlat and....

That sort of thing.

bgumble184 11-20-2003 11:39 AM

Frolov for Hossa, Havlat and Redden

David A. Rainer 11-20-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgumble184
Frolov for Hossa, Havlat and Redden

Jeez! Why don't you throw in Lalime while you're at it.

LuckyLUC20 11-20-2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Jeez! Why don't you throw in Lalime while you're at it.

off topic, but AWESOME AVATAR! Social D rules!

gbl1p 11-20-2003 01:54 PM

From what I can gather, then, Frolov isn't leaving LA any time soon. I'm not suggesting any deals here, I'm just not very familiar with the happenings in Los Angeles, and I can tell you that Ottawa would be looking insane with a budding star on LW. An undisputed LW is what we need right now.

For those of you talking about it, you're right Spezza is not going anywhere. Though we're "stacked" at center, our current #1 in Bonk (he's doing great, I'm a big fan) would likely be best suited as a #2. In other words, in a few years we're banking on having Spezza as our clear cut #1 center, something we've lacked for years.

agentfouser 11-20-2003 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20

you should make your title "mommy's little monster."

David A. Rainer 11-20-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser

I thought of it, but I was listening to "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell" at the time so I went with "Born to Lose". Other lines I wanted to put in there wouldn';t fit. I'm probably going to change my location to "In Another State of Mind". Who knows, tomorrow it might be "Mommy's Little Monster". It all depends upon what I'm listening to at the time.

Hossa is about the only Sen I'd consider trading Frolov for. But Frolov is coming into his highly productive and cheap years as he is still several years away from RFA status. While Hossa is already into his RFA years (or at least close, I'm not sure). Getting the sure thing in Hossa would end up costing the Kings several million in payroll. <----- feeble attempt to get back on topic.

David A. Rainer 11-20-2003 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20

Thanx! I grew up on them. My all-time favorite band and Mike Ness is just one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet.

This was my avatar a few months ago (edit - it's kind of small but you get the idea):

Legionnaire 11-20-2003 03:45 PM

Is that the one that I enlarged for you D?

David A. Rainer 11-20-2003 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Is that the one that I enlarged for you D?

Yep.

jfont 11-20-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

Yep.

i knew it...you guys are evil! Evil i say! :p

LuckyLUC20 11-20-2003 05:45 PM

Quote:

hehe, how'd you find out???

my name on LGK is lisa83 by the way, for those who don't know what I'm talking about... I have a Mike Ness avatar on there and my title is "mommy's little monster"... hehe.

here's my avatar on LGK: http://www.oddworldz.com/kingsgal/mikeness.JPG

and DFA, I love Social D. I saw them back in September and they were awesome. I met Mike Ness and that guy was chill. I agree with you. He was so nice! I was in the front row as they were playing and that was the first time I had ever seen them play live.

agentfouser 11-20-2003 09:09 PM

Quote:

I thought of it, but I was listening to "Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell" at the time so I went with "Born to Lose". Other lines I wanted to put in there wouldn';t fit. I'm probably going to change my location to "In Another State of Mind". Who knows, tomorrow it might be "Mommy's Little Monster". It all depends upon what I'm listening to at the time.

i haven't listened to them in a good five years, but my favorites in high school were mainliner and mommy's little monster.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 11-20-2003 09:30 PM

the way i see it...frolov is worth a lot more than yashin...so frolov for speeza, charra, havlat...done deal!!!

Legionnaire 11-20-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

i haven't listened to them in a good five years, but my favorites in high school were mainliner and mommy's little monster.

Those are still my two favorite Social D albums. ;)

punchy1 11-21-2003 08:00 AM

I remember one of their songs early on. Don't know the title but it went something like this "The neighbors have complained, (some words I don't know)blah blah blahblaaaaah The Landlord has been paid? Blah blah blah blaaaaaah Were gonna burn this down".

Sorry about the sketchy lyrics. It was around 1980 or 81 and I haven't heard it since. Where I lived all American Music was with a pretty hefty duty on it so imagine paying close to $45 dollars for that record in 1980 as youngster. I had to listen for it. Of course, with my sketchy memory of them I couldn't get the album now so any help would be great. A great band though.

David A. Rainer 11-21-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
I remember one of their songs early on. Don't know the title but it went something like this "The neighbors have complained, (some words I don't know)blah blah blahblaaaaah The Landlord has been paid? Blah blah blah blaaaaaah Were gonna burn this down".

"We have to go,
the neighbors have complained.
We have to go,
the walls have all been stained.
They have to know,
they cant stop us now.
They have to know,
we could burn this town"

"Playpen" - Social Distortion

It's on the Mainliner album, but it was originally a B-side to the "Mainliner" single (the first ever recorded by Social D).

Maybe we should just turn this into the Social D. tribute thread. ;)

punchy1 11-21-2003 10:03 AM

Cheers! I wonder if alakaza will have it? Where could I buy a copy of the vynl? That is one cracker of a song and a great band. My brother saw them in London and said that they played after their set ended for an extra hour or so. Did a bunch of Iggy Pop covers. Envious.

Oh and a pat on my own back for coming so close on the lyrics of a song that i heard a dozen times back in 1980!

To keep it a hockey thread, Frolov is good. ;)