HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Begin Article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=297077)

Qui Gon Dave 10-05-2006 10:35 AM

Begin Article

Had a quick look to see if i could find this posted elsewhere but didn't see it.

Article from yesterday about Begin

Hopefully he doesn't make a habit of skating into Kostitsyn ;)

BLNY 10-05-2006 10:47 AM

Great read. Someday there will be a letter other than CH on the front of his jersey.:bow: :yo:

Artyukhin* 10-05-2006 10:53 AM

BEGIN :handclap:

But that was nothing compared to the Saturday night game against the Bruins when Begin tried to hit Boston's Patrice Bergeron along the boards. Bergeron tripped and went down before Begin arrived. Begin, at that point a hurtling missile with mayhem in mind, went flying over Bergeron and crashed face-first into the Bell Centre boards.

The collision drove his teeth completely through his lower lip, sheered off the lower teeth and left him with fractures beneath the gums. Begin stayed down a minute or so, came off the ice with blood dripping from the towel over his face and went in for some quick stitches from Dr. David Mulder, cursing all the while because the repair work was taking so long.

"I wanted to eat a chair," Begin said at the time. Loosely translated, he meant he was climbing the walls.

He didn't miss a shift. After the game, he got 30 more stitches in his mouth and a midnight visit to the dentist.

Qui Gon Dave 10-05-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLNY (Post 6664644)
Great read. Someday there will be a letter other than CH on the front of his jersey.:bow: :yo:

The only other would be an A, you don't think he's captain material? :sarcasm:

I liked reading about some of the things he's gone through behind the scenes and what motivates him, both to do well on the rink and help others off it. Really am very glad he is a member of our team.

Steve Begin :handclap:

BORAT 10-05-2006 10:59 AM

Begin = El Monster !

Joey 10-05-2006 11:08 AM

Even HE knows what 110% is like, and he proved them wrong completely....Begin is the man! :yo:

hototogisu 10-05-2006 11:11 AM

Yup, that was a really great article, even gave me goosebumps at some parts. Hats off to Jack Todd. And Begin of course :bow:

22SteveBegin22 10-05-2006 11:20 AM

Guys like Begin make me proud to be a Habs fan. :clap:

The n00b King * 10-05-2006 11:22 AM

A true warrior.

Bob Gainey knew what he was getting.

This is the kind of guy you win cups with.

Definitely leader material.

Artyukhin* 10-05-2006 11:28 AM

im so glad Begin has been assigned to mentor Gui .
Begin is one of my favortive Habs he doesnt know the word quit .
i just wish we could bottle up his and Higgins work ethic and give it the everyone on the team .

Begin has to retire a Montreal Canadien,a truely a first class humble guy who gives it his honest effort every night .

fractured gum bones to disco'ed shoulders
thank you Stevie B

David_99 10-05-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6665010)
im so glad Begin has been assigned to mentor Gui.

He couldn't ask for a better roll model. If Gui can develope half Begin's work ethic, we will have another great player on our hands.

Teufelsdreck 10-05-2006 11:38 AM

Admirable qualities.

BORAT 10-05-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 6665010)
im so glad Begin has been assigned to mentor Gui .
Begin is one of my favortive Habs he doesnt know the word quit .
i just wish we could bottle up his and Higgins work ethic and give it the everyone on the team .

Begin has to retire a Montreal Canadien,a truely a first class humble guy who gives it his honest effort every night .

fractured gum bones to disco'ed shoulders
thank you Stevie B

I can't imagine trading him, and even if they did ... I can't think of ever selling my Begin Jersey

D3V1L J4M 10-05-2006 12:02 PM

He cannot be traded.

I don't want to. :)

LePoche69 10-05-2006 12:11 PM

well, after reading that, after reading about so much courage, dedication and determination, i was almost wondering...is it normal? I mean...