HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Perezhogin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=297903)

hab 10-07-2006 06:31 AM

Perezhogin

after the bashing he took in camp, I thought he came out on fire, fighting for

pucks, checking, shooting, he

was all over the place. he could have easily had a point or two also, but I noticed

when he had the puck in there zone, he had no one to pass too, not a knock on

bonk and johnson, but they never seemed to be open. This is not a love perez

thread, I just thought it was encouraging to see a player who was a big

dissapointment in camp comes out with that kind of energy and determination.

hopefully he gets rewarded with a couple of points against the laffs:)

David_99 10-07-2006 06:40 AM

Yeah all he's lacking the great centre that Plecs is and it shows

White Snake* 10-07-2006 06:48 AM

That line wil gel with time. JOhnson seemed to be trying to hard at times.

NewHabsEra* 10-07-2006 07:32 AM

I was listening at the post game comment on CKAC at the job and Danny Dubé said he was desapointed with Perezhogin... So I was... I come back home and watch the game I taped... :shakehead Perezhogin desapointing??? Come on Danny...

The n00b King ©* 10-07-2006 07:35 AM

Perez will be known as the "almost guy"..

you see him with the puck, he looks like he's pulling something tight so you go: "ah! ah! ah! awwwwwwwww..." cuz he lost it or dipsy doodled too much or was stripped of it.

Speaking of dipsy doodling, samsonov's gotta shoot the puck...what's with this "let's try to deek out 5 guys in the offensive zone and THEN pass the puck...shoot sammy, shoot! just like Koivu!!

KaptainKourage* 10-07-2006 07:36 AM

I think Perezhogin have been Perezhogin yesterday. Not the Perezhogin have the training camp, but not the one of the playoff (or of the start of the 05-06' season neither).

He was just ok. Showing some good flash and a bit more intense than during some other games...

He did better than Latendresse, but then again, he played more than Latendresse.

Frankc 10-07-2006 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The n00b King © (Post 6688149)
Perez will be known as the "almost guy"..

you see him with the puck, he looks like he's pulling something tight so you go: "ah! ah! ah! awwwwwwwww..." cuz he lost it or dipsy doodled too much or was stripped of it.

Speaking of dipsy doodling, samsonov's gotta shoot the puck...what's with this "let's try to deek out 5 guys in the offensive zone and THEN pass the puck...shoot sammy, shoot! just like Koivu!!

Higgins was doing the same in his first 35 games in NHL. He was always missing his shot when he had a chance. So I think Perezhogin will be able to finish the plays somewhen during this year, he just need to be more self-confident about his skills.

NewGuy 10-07-2006 09:51 AM

I liked when Perezhogin went back at Peters after Peters drilled him behind the net. It showed a certain amount of fearlessness that will help Perezhogin become a better player. Also I think they need to get Begin and Murray to show him how to hit. Right now he is not even that good at it but he still hits really hard because he is built so solid. I think he could be a devastating hitter if he got some coaching on how to do it properly.

barfy2000 10-07-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewGuy (Post 6688661)
I liked when Perezhogin went back at Peters after Peters drilled him behind the net. It showed a certain amount of fearlessness that will help Perezhogin become a better player. Also I think they need to get Begin and Murray to show him how to hit. Right now he is not even that good at it but he still hits really hard because he is built so solid. I think he could be a devastating hitter if he got some coaching on how to do it properly.

Which really should have been an interference call, but that's besides the point. Perezhogin looked good last night.

And as for Samsonov...he'll come around...He's been a pretty streaky player for most of his career, and I don't expect anything different from him now...

Maxpac 10-07-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfy2000 (Post 6688754)

And as for Samsonov...he'll come around...He's been a pretty streaky player for most of his career, and I don't expect anything different from him now...

what about Samsonov, imo he played a hell of a game yesterday, was all over the ice whith his amaizing speed, he intercepted atleast 3 passes by my count, made 3 amaizing passes to Plecks, i saw him hit too........

toshiro 10-07-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! (Post 6689451)
what about Samsonov, imo he played a hell of a game yesterday, was all over the ice whith his amaizing speed, he intercepted atleast 3 passes by my count, made 3 amaizing passes to Plecks, i saw him hit too........

I didnt see Pleks or Sammy as being effective:shakehead

Walrus* 10-07-2006 01:24 PM

What kind of numbers do you expect from Perezhogin this season?

BobbyFischer* 10-07-2006 01:27 PM

Perezhogin has INSANE blinding speed.

Very deceptive, that white boi can MOOOVE

Guy Caballero 10-07-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrus (Post 6690212)
What kind of numbers do you expect from Perezhogin this season?

15 g, 20 a

Ross MacLochness 10-07-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyFischer (Post 6690247)
Perezhogin has INSANE blinding speed.

Very deceptive, that white boi can MOOOVE

Yes, white boi can indeed move.

His top speed is faster than 1994 Pavel Bure's top speed. Only problem is he doesn't reach top speed very often. His first 3 steps aren't the best either. That's why Bure was so good. No human being has the first couple steps that Bure had.

mcphee 10-07-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro (Post 6689530)

We want that line to dominate and they didn't but to be fair, if Dandenault buries that nice setup Samsonov gave him, or Kovy scores on 1 of the 3 real good chances he had, we wouldn't be saying a word.

Perez kept moving all game, I liked what I saw from him. I'd like to see him a bit better away from the puck, getting open for a feed. If he devloped a bit there, he could possibly change with Samsonov if the need developed.

It'll be intersting to see how Bonk's year develops. He's our last of the old NHL style forwards that seem content to hold their ground, rather than attack. Sundstrom was the poster boy for that. All of our forwards want the puck now, that's a nice change. No one's afraid to take it and make a play.

Mike8 10-07-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 6690385)
It'll be intersting to see how Bonk's year develops. He's our last of the old NHL style forwards that seem content to hold their ground, rather than attack. Sundstrom was the poster boy for that. All of our forwards want the puck now, that's a nice change. No one's afraid to take it and make a play.

I thought Bonk played hungry last night, wanting the puck and wanting to force the flow a little more. I liked it. He made a few mistakes but he was a presence out there and used his body well.

mcphee 10-07-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8 (Post 6690414)
I thought Bonk played hungry last night, wanting the puck and wanting to force the flow a little more. I liked it. He made a few mistakes but he was a presence out there and used his body well.

Maybe, Mike, I dunno, he seems like there's a something missing, maybe he;s a player too geared to asystem, I don't quite know what it is, there's just always some oomph I'd like to see but I don't, esp. on the off. zone. Just one game though.

Rahan 10-07-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro (Post 6689530)

Open your eyes. Plekanec was our 4th best player last night after koivu, higgins and ryder.

JMMR 10-07-2006 09:56 PM

Perezhogin was incredible tonight... infact I believe he was the Canadiens most effective offensive forward tonight. His shot off the post showed his amazing release and he was really close to flying buy Leafs defenders on two or three occasions.

Nova_Scotia_Vees 10-07-2006 10:04 PM

another really good game by him tonight.

Mike8 10-07-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6696088)
Perezhogin was incredible tonight... infact I believe he was the Canadiens most effective offensive forward tonight. His shot off the post showed his amazing release and he was really close to flying buy Leafs defenders on two or three occasions.

I liked Perezhogin tonight too, but I was hoping to see a little more. There were a few occasions where he'd have the puck, have room to move, and he'd just skate himself into a corner. It was unfortunate.

Anyway, on the whole he was good, and I hope to see him get some more quality ice-time. This ten minutes a night stuff isn't enough, in my view. Not when he's playing hard, forechecking hard. Still could be a little more relentless in his backchecking, but that's okay.

toshiro 10-07-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6696088)

Zhogi has a release that can be surprising. It would be nice to see him fed

Slick Nick 10-07-2006 11:05 PM

according to CKAC he sucked.

Ross MacLochness 10-07-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 6696952)
according to CKAC he sucked.

:dumbo: