HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   10/7/06 Panthers Vs Thrashers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=297931)

Egblad 10-07-2006 08:53 AM

10/7/06 Panthers Vs Thrashers
 
Alright guys; we absolutely dominated last night; but we cant think about that anymore. we need to focus on Atlanta.

Hossa and Kovalchuk are the main threats.. our boys on D are really going to have to keep the shots low on auld. and backchecking is a need from our offense.


the chemistry; we all know between those 2 is just crazy.

atlanta's weak spot.. they dont have any depth after their first line, BASICALLY. not like our team. so our later lines can really put a hurting on them

Also their D is weak.. i have a feeling bertuzzi jokinen stumpy can all just walk on through, as any one else on our team.

we need to keep pressure on them

their good spot; Kari Lehtonen.. this kid is just getting better. i think if we keep good pressure in their zone we can put goals in.

what do you guys think?

HPanther 10-07-2006 09:13 AM

I say what I always say...

LETS GO PANTHERS!!! :handclap: :handclap:

Jeff Shafer 10-07-2006 09:36 AM

I second that! GO PANTHERS

Thewbacca 10-07-2006 09:55 AM

shake and bake!!! wohhooo!!

Jeff Shafer 10-07-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewbacca (Post 6688692)
shake and bake!!! wohhooo!!

Thats what Bertuzzi is going to be doing to the Thrashers tonight!

dhasek3910 10-07-2006 10:44 AM

Is Auld going to start tonight as well? Or will Belfour get to play?

HockeySS19 10-07-2006 11:15 AM

Let's go Panthers!

Lola 10-07-2006 11:19 AM

I believe Belfour is starting tonight.


LET'S GO CATS!!!!!:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

ExplosiveLEAFman 10-07-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey (Post 6688405)
Alright guys; we absolutely dominated last night; but we cant think about that anymore. we need to focus on Atlanta.

Hossa and Kovalchuk are the main threats.. our boys on D are really going to have to keep the shots low on auld. and backchecking is a need from our offense.


the chemistry; we all know between those 2 is just crazy.

atlanta's weak spot.. they dont have any depth after their first line, BASICALLY. not like our team. so our later lines can really put a hurting on them

Also their D is weak.. i have a feeling bertuzzi jokinen stumpy can all just walk on through, as any one else on our team.

we need to keep pressure on them

their good spot; Kari Lehtonen.. this kid is just getting better. i think if we keep good pressure in their zone we can put goals in.

what do you guys think?

Ilya and Hossa don't play on the same line, only on PP. We were really awful offensively the other night though. Kari should be alright as long as Horton doesn't run into him ;) Our D wasn't too bad against Tampa, I don't think you guys will just be "walking in" but we'll see. Someone on the Thrash board said Belfour was going tonight.

JonathanHuberdoh 10-07-2006 11:58 AM

Atlanta is fast. We have to be faster.

We have to prove that last night wasn't a fluke, and that we damn well mean business.

Jeff Shafer 10-07-2006 11:59 AM

Belfour is starting tonights game hopefully we get vintage Belfour!

JonathanHuberdoh 10-07-2006 12:04 PM

Eddie gets a SO, you heard it here first.

Laus723 10-07-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta (Post 6689612)
Eddie gets a SO, you heard it here first.

:biglaugh: , after last night's prediction came so close, we may be on to something here. Hoping we come in and shut down the Trashers early. Looking forward to this game and also to seeing Belfour in goal.

Ghoste 10-07-2006 01:28 PM

Obviously, there are a few things that worry me about tonight's game. Mainly, our play on the road and the first regular season start for Belfour. And we will be playing with fire if our defense doesn't step it up a notch in game two. We could see Kiwi or Jackman as the 6th man tonight.

Even though Hossa & Kovalchuk are their main threats, it seems like guys like Mellanby & Kozlov are always chipping in to beat us. And Lehtonen seems to play us well.

After reading the Panther/Bruin thread, I guess I do wonder a bit if we just turned it on in the second-half or did Boston just fold. I hope we can come out as equally explosive as last night.

-ghoste

J17 Vs Proclamation 10-07-2006 01:31 PM

Belfour starts?

Cool, i have Kovalchuk in one of my fantasy teams.

Laus723 10-07-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 6690295)
Belfour starts?

Cool, i have Kovalchuk in one of my fantasy teams.

...a true Panther fan!:shakehead

FlaPnthrsPunk 10-07-2006 02:21 PM

This is going to be a much tougher game than last night. I have to admit I'm a little nervous with the unpredictable Belfour against a high scoring Atlanta offense, but we'll see what happens. The offense will have to play almost as well as last night just to keep up, and again the defense can't let up as many shots.

Mogo 10-07-2006 02:51 PM

Here we go

GO PANTHERS GO!!!!!!!

PanthersFanatic12 10-07-2006 03:44 PM

Go Panthers Go!

Profet 10-07-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhasek3910 (Post 6689005)
Is Auld going to start tonight as well? Or will Belfour get to play?

any word?

Crossbar 10-07-2006 03:54 PM

I was somewhat surprised to see Hartley go with Sim instead of Hossa in the shootout loss against Tampa Thursday night.

VAiN* 10-07-2006 04:46 PM

I'm over in Sarasota tonight (lightning territory) - anyone know if they televise the panthers around here? Thanks...

Gaebriel 10-07-2006 04:58 PM

Who said Belfour is starting tonight? Last night, they kept saying over and over that he would be getting his first start against Toronto on monday...

RedHotChiliPanthers 10-07-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaebriel (Post 6691817)
Who said Belfour is starting tonight? Last night, they kept saying over and over that he would be getting his first start against Toronto on monday...

it's in the newspaper from a quote from Martin. I think I saw it in the sun-sentinel.

Belfour Fan 10-07-2006 05:16 PM

Even with his crappy season last year Eddie went 3-0-0 against the Thrashers with a 1.00 GAA and a .96something SV%. I hope he starts tonight! Got to listen to last night's game on Sirius though and it sounded like Auld did a great job, so whichever way it goes, GO PANTHERS!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.