HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Official GDT: Panthers v Maple Leafs 10/09/06 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=298408)

Happy Girl 10-08-2006 05:27 PM

Official GDT: Panthers v Maple Leafs 10/09/06

:panthers
1-1-0

vs

:leafs
1-1-1

Game time is 7:30 pm EST

The Panthers head into the ACC on Monday to battle the Toronto Maple Leafs. It is the second game of a two-game road trip for the Panthers who will return home to battle the defending SC champs on Wednesday. The Panthers are coming off a tough 6 - 0 loss on Saturday to the division rival Atlanta Thrashers which saw Eddie Belfour hit the showers early. The Maple Leafs are coming off a SO loss on Saturday to the Montreal Canadiens.

It will be the first trip back to the ACC for Panthers netminder Eddie Belfour who signed with Florida after Toronto decided not to pick up his option this summer. As of right now, Coach Martin has yet to publically name his starting netminder for Monday's contest. To replace Belfour, the Maple Leafs signed Raycroft from Boston.

Toronto won all 4 games last year against the Panthers. In the last game, Panthers center Joe Nieuwendyk had a hat trick but the Maple Leafs Captain Mats Sundin scored 4 goals in Toronto's win. The Panthers hope to see continued success from the Nieuwendyk line with Bertuzzi and Olesz. Nieuwendyk and Bertuzzi lead the Panthers in goals, assists and points.

Yay! Go Panthers!

OT - Happy Thanksgiving Day Canada! Eat some turkey and cranberry sauce for me!

Transported Upstater 10-08-2006 05:41 PM

Good luck to the Panthers!!! My favorite team south of the Mason-Dixon line :)

I have a friendly wager with one of my ex-students at my school who is a Panther fan...he bet me the Panthers would sweep the Leafs.

BTW, I really miss Miami. I spent the summer there in an apartment right at the beginning of Rickenbacker Causeway, right before the toll road out to Key Biscayne...could smell the ocean every day, and with an AMAZING view of the city from the penthouse floor.

Even now, the radio station I listen to is one from South Florida (streaming), because I can't find one I like up here. The only thing that pisses me off is those eight thousand Maroone car dealership commercials...UGH..."Who ya gonna call? MAROONE" :madfire:

Anyways, good luck to the Panthers. :handclap:

HockeySS19 10-08-2006 05:56 PM

Which radio station do you listen to from here?

And go Cats! :hit: Let's win this one after Saturday's bad performance.

We need to stay out of the :pb: tomorrow.

william_adams 10-08-2006 06:23 PM

What are the chances that Eddie starts? I have seats behind the net tomorrow...

PanthersFanatic12 10-08-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william_adams (Post 6702821)

Id say 50/50 . I want Auld to start , but will see what The coach decides .

Panthers Rock 10-08-2006 06:27 PM

I'd say there's a good chance Belfour starts against his old team, even after that abysmal performance. Just with the hopes that he'll turn it up a notch against them and play against an easier team than the Thrashers. Not that the Leafs can't be dangerous, but I'm pretty certain the Thrashers are gonna be more consistently dangerous offensively than the Leafs. Plus might want to use Auld more vs. Carolina...though Carolina has oddly not won a game yet. Ok too many factors to consider, but I would put some stock into a possible Belfour start, doesn't mean Jacques will give in. Either way, you'll have Newy and Roberts to look forward to ;) GO PANTHERS!!!!

anguscertified 10-08-2006 06:31 PM

random question but can anyone tell me how much time Allen has played in both games so far?

Tobakecookies* 10-08-2006 06:34 PM

S***, we can't match up against a home team who has the referees on their side. I am going to be absolutely incensed if we lose to a team like Carolina. I might go on a trolling spree. :banana:

Panthers Rock 10-08-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers (Post 6702874)
random question but can anyone tell me how much time Allen has played in both games so far?

So far Allen has spent 41:32 on ice, an average of 20:46 per game.

Pinto 10-08-2006 07:14 PM

Good luck tommorrow fellas. Any possible FLA line-ups for tommorrow?

Toronto's probable line-up:

Ponikarovsky-Sundin-Wellwood
Kilger-Peca-Steen
Tucker-Stajan-O'Neill
Battaglia-Pohl-Suglobov/Belak

Kaberle-McCabe
Kubina-Harrison
White-Gill

Happy Girl 10-08-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinto. (Post 6703107)
Good luck tommorrow fellas. Any possible FLA line-ups for tommorrow?

Toronto's probable line-up:

Ponikarovsky-Sundin-Wellwood
Kilger-Peca-Steen
Tucker-Stajan-O'Neill
Battaglia-Pohl-Suglobov/Belak

Kaberle-McCabe
Kubina-Harrison
White-Gill

I imagine they'll be the same we've used previously. Don't know which goaltender you'll see and the 3rd D pairing may change. Our 4 forward lines are pretty solid as are the first 2 D pairings.

Roberts-Jokinen-Stumpel
Olesz-Nieuwendyk-Bertuzzi
Gelinas-Weiss-Horton
Campbell-Gratton-Kolnik

Bouwmeester-Allen
Van Ryn-Salei
Mezei-Kwiatkowski

JonathanHuberdoh 10-08-2006 07:21 PM

I feel that like, if Belfour starts, we lose, and if Auld starts, we win.

We gotta get this win.

william_adams 10-08-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersFanatic12 (Post 6702850)
Id say 50/50 . I want Auld to start , but will see what The coach decides .

Thanks, my wife is a huge Belfour fan, so I am taking her... Hopefully he plays, but if not we'll see him in the warm-up...

You guys now have three of our former guys down there (tho each of them would probably say they were ex-flames or ex-stars before they were ex-leafs...) good luck, Jacques Martin is a good coach -- I think he might make an even better GM...

Remax 10-08-2006 10:53 PM

Hey HG thanks, I had turkey but no sauce. I'm gonna be at the game tomorrow, go figure :) I'm sorry to all on here, but I have to chear for my Leafs and hope that they get the win, however I do hope that Nate pots a few!!!

dhasek3910 10-09-2006 12:13 AM

Hope to see the Panthers bounce back and stick it to the Leafs! Go Panthers Go!!!!!

harv3317 10-09-2006 10:29 AM

i will be very surprised if eddie doesn't get the start. it's a respect factor and eddies earned it do to his career so far, but qanother performance like last night and it's time to look for a replacement!!!!!

JonathanHuberdoh 10-09-2006 10:31 AM

Big game boys! Let's bounce back from Saturday. We have to see how this team is going to react after a loss like that.

If Belfour starts, he BETTER have his head on straight, because if not, we'll run him out of Florida.

Acadmus 10-09-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william_adams (Post 6702821)

I'm in the camp that says it's early in the season, and Martin is going to want to know now what to expect from Eddie. So he'll probably start him to see if he rebounds, or if he really does look like a bad signing - don't expect him to be allowed to let in 4 goals on 9 shots this time, though. Two softies and he'll be gone.

PanthersFanatic12 10-09-2006 11:38 AM

Go Panthers Go!

BuppY 10-09-2006 11:58 AM

Alex Auld will be starting.

dhasek3910 10-09-2006 12:35 PM

Where are you getting this information Buppy?

J17 Vs Proclamation 10-09-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhasek3910 (Post 6707661)
Where are you getting this information Buppy?

Who cares, we now have a shot at winning this game!

Savvy 10-09-2006 01:36 PM

TSN had a article not so long ago saying Edddie was starting but they've took it down and Fan590 is reporting that Auld is starting so I imagine that it's pretty much a sure thing Eddie's riding the pine for this game.

Lauser3* 10-09-2006 02:40 PM

I think Martin should play Belfour tonight and let Auld have at Atlanta and the back-to-back games with Tampa Bay. No reason to play Belfour again until Philadelphia on Oct. 20th. The divisional games are real important...even this early. I can live with a loss to Toronto tonight if we win the next four (including Washington) against our division rivals. Come on Jacques...wise up. :banghead:

Thewbacca 10-09-2006 05:56 PM

Hopefully this game they actually want to win ... against Atlanta they skated like they had just recieved a colonoscopie. I hate 0-6 scores.