HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Belfour playing tonight? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=298571)

OvechkinDomination* 10-09-2006 10:23 AM

Belfour playing tonight?

Leafs fan here, interested in knowing this.

FlaPnthrsPunk 10-09-2006 10:35 AM

The Sun-Sentinel reported that Jacques Martin wasn't sure who would start in net tonight. The chance looks to be slim since he had such a poor outing Saturday night in Atlanta. I personally would think about starting him tonight if Auld happened to be slightly fatigued from playing the majority of the game in Atlanta and the previous night Boston. I'm sure Auld will definitely start against Carolina on Wednesday night, so it will probably be a gametime decision for tonight.

RedHotChiliPanthers 10-09-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk (Post 6706804)
The Sun-Sentinel reported that Jacques Martin wasn't sure who would start in net tonight. The chance looks to be slim since he had such a poor outing Saturday night in Atlanta. I personally would think about starting him tonight if Auld happened to be slightly fatigued from playing the majority of the game in Atlanta and the previous night Boston. I'm sure Auld will definitely start against Carolina on Wednesday night, so it will probably be a gametime decision for tonight.

Actually, I'd say the chances are slim that he doesn't start. after such a poor outing, Martin would want to get him right back in there, so that that game doesn't become an issue. More of a "Forget about it and move on" thing. Since it is the Leafs, Martin will most likely give Belfour the opportunity to show off his old team.

If he's as brutal in this one, then we can expect some time before he plays again though.

VAiN* 10-09-2006 02:46 PM

I'd be willing to give Eddie a shot in goal tonight, but if he stinks it up again he needs to sit for a while. Hopefully he'll rebound from the Atlanta game. I'm keeping hope alive! Go Panthers!

Panthers2006 10-09-2006 04:11 PM

My guess is that he would be playing. Who knows, with more adreneline maybe he can keep his pads more firmly closed...

Jeff Shafer 10-09-2006 04:21 PM

I'd rather just see Auld play and belfour get a crack next game

JetsFanInVic2011 10-09-2006 04:40 PM

According to Sportsnet, Eddie will be on the bench tonight.

Lauser3* 10-09-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils1983 (Post 6709508)
According to Sportsnet, Eddie will be on the bench tonight.

If true, then this likely means Martin is planning to play Belfour against our division rivals at some point in the next four games (Carolina, Tampa Bay twice, and Washington). :shakehead

Rattrick 10-09-2006 05:06 PM

Glad to see Auld is starting. Belfour let too many straight shots in against Atlanta, and NHL goalies shouldn't let those in. I say we use him against Washington.

Happy Girl 10-09-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 6709731)
Glad to see Auld is starting. Belfour let too many straight shots in against Atlanta, and NHL goalies shouldn't let those in. I say we use him against Washington.

Against Ovechkin???

OvechkinDomination* 10-09-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Girl (Post 6709750)
Against Ovechkin???

Along with his buddy Semin.

Rattrick 10-09-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Girl (Post 6709750)
Against Ovechkin???

I'd put him in against Ovechkin/Semin instead of Staal/Cole/Williams or Lecavalier/Richards/St. Louis.

The Hurricanes and Lightning have far more weapons to contain IMO.

HockeySS19 10-09-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 6710131)
I'd put him in against Ovechkin/Semin instead of Staal/Cole/Williams or Lecavalier/Richards/St. Louis.

The Hurricanes and Lightning have far more weapons to contain IMO.

And Kovalchuk/Hossa/Sim?? :sarcasm: :biglaugh: Hope we're not the Washington of last season from Sim's point of view.