HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds Make The Most of West Coast Road Trip (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=29880)

Basher 11-21-2003 12:54 AM

Preds Make The Most of West Coast Road Trip

Among other things, the Predators headed directly from practice to a local go-cart track yesterday afternoon, intent on doing a little team bonding.

''We wanted to do a couple of different things while we're on the road out here,'' Trotz said.

''We don't get much of a chance to do these kinds of things at home.

At least if we don't win, we'll have fun while we're here.

triggrman 11-21-2003 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Among other things, the Predators headed directly from practice to a local go-cart track yesterday afternoon, intent on doing a little team bonding.

''We wanted to do a couple of different things while we're on the road out here,'' Trotz said.

''We don't get much of a chance to do these kinds of things at home.

At least if we don't win, we'll have fun while we're here.

I like that idea, if the team is relaxed and having fun they'll play harder.

hipcheck85 11-21-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I like that idea, if the team is relaxed and having fun they'll play harder.

I'm suprised nobody turned over thier go-kart and had a season ending injury.

Basher 11-21-2003 07:22 PM

Didn't help the first game any...and doesn't look like we're spinning our wheels to well in the second either, but it remains to be seen.

SmokeyClause 11-21-2003 07:26 PM

We need to make the most of our on-ice activities instead of making the most of our off-ice. I'd rather them be stuck in their hotel rooms and come away with 8 points than have all the fun in the world and have 0 points to show for it. Besides, winning's fun right?

belle 11-21-2003 09:21 PM

Sometimes it helps to shift gears.

SmokeyClause 11-21-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belle
Sometimes it helps to shift gears.

Agreed, though the go-karts didn't translate into great play on the ice against Anaheim.

Radulov for Czar* 11-21-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed, though the go-karts didn't translate into great play on the ice against Anaheim.

Translated into 2 points :p

I'm all for Poile building the team a go-kart track in Nashville if it gets us points. :joker:

SmokeyClause 11-21-2003 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
Translated into 2 points :p

I'm all for Poile building the team a go-kart track in Nashville if it gets us points. :joker:

Yeah, but I wouldn't wager that effort turning into points all too often. A wins a win to the blind; don't let this win turn into fool's gold. We didn't deserve the W the way we played. We took advantage of lopsided penalties and some breaks. We don't usually get so lucky.

triggrman 11-21-2003 09:54 PM

Maybe we should just hire Smokey, he has all the answers.