HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   power play (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=299203)

JDNYR11 10-11-2006 05:48 AM

power play
 
why isn't cullen out on the 1st power play unit playing the point. he has a hell of a one timer and renny just leaves straka out there and he is doing nothing but pass the puck.

shoothepuck 10-11-2006 07:01 AM

Tom got outcoached last night on home ice. he didn't roll his lines correctly, and on the PP and PK he didn't put the right players out there. It is early and he should be making adjustments, but somethings he does just don't seem right. His players also need to show some willingness to skate and play.

Vodka Drunkenski 10-11-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoothepuck (Post 6724145)
Tom got outcoached last night on home ice. he didn't roll his lines correctly, and on the PP and PK he didn't put the right players out there. It is early and he should be making adjustments, but somethings he does just don't seem right. His players also need to show some willingness to skate and play.

Totally agree, he got too caught up in trying to match lines last night. It was bad effort all around.

HockeyBasedNYC 10-11-2006 08:20 AM

Renney is horrible at making adjustments in game, just horrible. The Flyers took it to them and they had no answer.

One of the biggest problems for the Rangers last night was at the blue lines, and it always seems to be that way when they lose. The defensman back in at the line, i saw Roszival wait at the top of the circle when nedved got the puck at center ice! he let him walk right in and the n he started skating backwards, you do that stuff and the momentum is totally in the other teams hands.

Same with the offensive side, they werent gaining the zone right and because of it thy were getting off horrible shots with no one in front because they werent timed correctly, with Philly everything was to the net, the rangers, everything was to the corners and boards.

This type of play, besides the defense getting pinned in their own zone the other half of the night, leads to how the powerplay responds, the general flow of the game was dictated right from the start. The only good break-ins on the powerplay were from 2 forwards, once was Jagr and once was Shanny took the puck in their own zone and skated hard and backed PHILLY in, dished it off and set up.

The Rangers game when its on is skating, they have fast and skilled players that feed off the high intensity. Skating skating skating... They skate hard and throw some hits as a result, they skate hard and they win battles... I cant stand seeing Roszival come out behind his ne on a breakout, take two strides and glide for 3 seconds and then pass it horribly over someones stick... it starts with the Defensmens tempo, they got to kick it up and start skating so the res tof the team ahead of them fall into place, powerplay included.

VEGASRANGERFAN 10-11-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDNYR11 (Post 6724006)
why isn't cullen out on the 1st power play unit playing the point. he has a hell of a one timer and renny just leaves straka out there and he is doing nothing but pass the puck.

The same reason that Straka and Rozsival are out there...don't know

BigE 10-11-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDNYR11 (Post 6724006)
why isn't cullen out on the 1st power play unit playing the point. he has a hell of a one timer and renny just leaves straka out there and he is doing nothing but pass the puck.

If you noticed we're working an umbrella shaped powerplay, where the high pointman is not a shooter but passer. Jagr and Shanahan flank the highman, and are the ones taking the shots. There's no need for a guy that can really shoot at that position, because all he's going to be doing is dishing.

Shanny and Jagr probably have two of the best one-timers in the league. I'd rather them shooting to be honest.

As I and others were discussing in the GDT the other night, it looks as though Jagr is still very sore in that shoulder. He's taking every opportunity to pass the puck, and Shanny is becoming the predictable target. Once Jaromir gets back healthy, I think things will pick up for this PP unit - less passing and more shooting!

CM Lundqvist 10-12-2006 12:27 AM

Bring back Leetch.

And people are starting to finally see that Roseyballs is terrible in his own zone, and as useless as a one-legged man in an asskicking contest on the power play.

Another thing he still does is tries to beat the forechecking player one-on-one up the middle when rushing the puck out of the zone.

I'd have waived him by now.

BDubinskyNYR17* 10-12-2006 12:38 AM

Dawes played the PP for the Wolfpack, I dont understand why they use him on the PP even if its for the last 30 seconds. I think he would help the PP more than hurt it, he is a goal scorer. Id like Dawes Cullen Hall with Tyutin and Straka for one PP. then u have Prucha Nylander Jagr Shanny and Rachunek

Brooklyn Ranger 10-12-2006 01:02 AM

In regards to the power play, I think it's fair to ask the question--why does Roszival get so much time on the point when his passing and shooting are not as good as several other defensemen on the team? Against Philly he got 8 minutes of power play, the next defenseman (Rachenck) got a little over two minutes.

Last year the argument could be made that because Roszival was the only right-handed shot on defense, they needed to play him on the power play for balance--but, even though he consistantly received a lot of power play time, he only had a total of 11 points (3g, 8a) out of his 30 points on the power play. Seems like that should be something that should addressed--there are other options on the roster who might very well do better.

FLYLine24* 10-12-2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger (Post 6733510)
In regards to the power play, I think it's fair to ask the question--why does Roszival get so much time on the point when his passing and shooting are not as good as several other defensemen on the team? Against Philly he got 8 minutes of power play, the next defenseman (Rachenck) got a little over two minutes.

Last year the argument could be made that because Roszival was the only right-handed shot on defense, they needed to play him on the power play for balance--but, even though he consistantly received a lot of power play time, he only had a total of 11 points (3g, 8a) out of his 30 points on the power play. Seems like that should be something that should addressed--there are other options on the roster who might very well do better.

Seriously. Take him off the god damn point of the #1 PP unit. IMO he is HORRIBLE. Put Pock or Rachenck on that point!!. Sure Rosz might have more defensive skill then both (even thought at this point id say Karl does)...but c'on....Rosz is horrible at that point. I really hope Renney changes that to Pock or Karl.

VEGASRANGERFAN 10-12-2006 01:08 AM

The thing that was really getting on my nerves the last game was that every time Rozsival had a puck passed to him, he was turned the wrong way. The passes were not that off. You need to be able to move the puck quickly on the power play not waste time trying to control the puck every time you get it and then end up losing it because you don't know what the hell you are doing!!! sorry

dank 10-12-2006 01:17 AM

Cullen on the point!

exactly, everytime we were lucky to get a call from those orange, black and whites, (hmm, those colors sounds familiar) Straka would linger on the ice and it would annoy me so much..

put Cullen on the point!

BDubinskyNYR17* 10-12-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dank (Post 6733562)
Cullen on the point!

exactly, everytime we were lucky to get a call from those orange, black and whites, (hmm, those colors sounds familiar) Straka would linger on the ice and it would annoy me so much..

put Cullen on the point!


I thought when Cullen was signed, the Rangers thought he would play the point on the PP. He did this for the Canes last year and in the playoffs was amazing. I love the signing still, but Renney needs to use the players in roles that they will perform well in.

FLYLine24* 10-12-2006 01:37 AM

Renney will learn sooner or later not to put Rossie on the point...well he better.

VEGASRANGERFAN 10-12-2006 01:45 AM

He does seem to play pretty good against the Pens, so maybe we will be lucky tomorrow


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.