HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Am I the only one who think (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=299478)

Dragon 10-11-2006 09:16 PM

Am I the only one who think

1) Niinimma trade is a good trade. While Niinimaa is no No. 1 D, he certainly one of our top 6 D even when Bouillon comes back. He is better than Rivet! He can run a powerplay. Rivet can't handle the puck and he can't pass. While Rivet known for his toughness and heart, I think for the same amount of $$ I would like to have Niinimaa on the team rather than Rivet, especially comes playoff time.

2) Abby is giving us the same level of goaltending as Theodore giving Colorado. And he is earning much less. I still have no idea why Theodore lost his magic touch. :shakehead

P.S. I can't correct the title of the thread? :(

Traitor8 10-11-2006 09:18 PM

I really like what I see from Niniimaa, he goes in the corners, hits, takes a hit to make a play, doesn't panic with the puck. He can also log a lot of minutes (20 minutes tonight)

Ghost of Saku 10-11-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8 (Post 6731723)
I really like what I see from Niniimaa, he goes in the corners, hits, takes a hit to make a play, doesn't panic with the puck. He can also log a lot of minutes (20 minutes tonight)

he's a seasoned veteran.
i'm glad gainey was able to prove the naysayers right with this trade

Agalloch 10-11-2006 09:20 PM

So what happens IF every dmen are healthy when Bouillon comes back ? Who is going to be scratched?

Quiet Robert 10-11-2006 09:21 PM

Niinimaa had a very solid game. It's too early to tell about winning and losing the trade, but if he can continually give us a solid effort like he did tonight, I'll be pleased with him. He looks good with Dandenault out there. Both are good skaters and they didn't panic in their own zone.

JMMR 10-11-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx (Post 6731749)
So what happens IF every dmen are healthy when Bouillon comes back ? Who is going to be scratched?

Habs dress 7 dee man and Murray and Downey sit, or if carbo was lying Lats is sent back down!

Shabutie 10-11-2006 09:32 PM

I'll like the Ribs trade if Niinima can keep it up. I really don't know what will happen with the Cube when he's healthy...Imo he's less valuable than any of our other Dmen.

Habbadasher 10-11-2006 09:42 PM

I'm reasonably happy with this trade so far, I think Niinimaa has good size, has been quite mobile, makes good passes out of the zone and largely plays well defensively. But the season is long and this road trip has been short.

Dr_Hook 10-11-2006 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx (Post 6731749)

The more I hear people talking about Bouillon's condition, the more I think he's not coming back any time soon... I wouldn't be surprised if in 2 or 3 weeks, Habs announced that he's getting further surgery on his injured knee. It's probably that very possibility that prompted the Niinimaa trade in the 1st place

So sadly, your question will be moot.

If everybody were to comeback, I think somebody gets traded. Souray perhaps.

Habsfan 32 10-11-2006 09:54 PM

He's been great so far and if he's capable of keeping this pace all season long it's going to be a very good trade for us.

oop007* 10-12-2006 08:33 AM

Even if MTL lost another d man now, they have Streit and in the pre season he looked a lot sharper then before.