HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Niinima, deserved a thread tonight. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=299522)

Crusher20 10-11-2006 11:55 PM

Niinima, deserved a thread tonight.

has been playing better and better since game one... really if he plays like he did tonight our defense will be rock solid.. bouillon may replace... rivet?? Or will Bouillon pay when he comes back? Niinima was, fast, strong and specially smart.. i really really liked him tonight. getting in his old (young) form?

Calamari 10-12-2006 12:03 AM

I liked his game tonight, he kept it simple on defence and it gets the job done. He also had a nice rush shorthanded and was unlucky not to score.

Hopefully he continues to play like this!

CareyClutch 10-12-2006 12:05 AM

i want to see him on the first PP unit

Artyukhin* 10-12-2006 12:06 AM

good job Niinima!

loooked solid to me tonight . keep up the hard work .

Slick Nick 10-12-2006 12:07 AM

I didn't like him tonight.. I saw all the heat in favor of him on these boards, watched canadiens express carefully.. and no he didn't look good at all. Bonk was nothing to talk about neither, a few nice plays .. :dunno:

Guy Caballero 10-12-2006 12:10 AM

The only times i noticed him was when he was making a good play. That's good enough for me. Loved the way he jumped in on that SH 2-on-1 too.

Slick Nick 10-12-2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero (Post 6733299)
The only times i noticed him was when he was making a good play. That's good enough for me. Loved the way he jumped in on that SH 2-on-1 too.

and fanned on the shot. :(

NYR1084 10-12-2006 12:17 AM

Went to the game tonight..

Hey guys,

Drove down to Philly cause its not that bad of a trip from my apt in the New York..

My brother hooked me and some buddies up with some good seats and the game was a good one.

Abby played a solid game, and its a good problem to have with Huet and Abby contributing nicely between the pipes. Does Carbo ride the hot goalie or will he keep shifting it up? That remains to be seen...

Ninnima (too lazy to spell check) played a very strong game...made the right plays, kept it simple, good break out passes, etc...played very well.

Downey layed well when he was out there,throwing his weight around and making his prescence felt.

Dandy played a good game, nice to see him join the rush and make things happen.

Kovalevs goal was a great shot, and his hands are unmatched.

1st line was good, and created a good tempo by scoring early. seems to be a good thing when the habs score early.

I like Johnsons game...seems to adapt to what style is being played..If its a finesse game then he can play it, and its a more physical grind-type game then he can do it too...Solid solid third liner...

Saw Chris after the game for a few minutes...Seemed in good spirits and excited for the home opener.

Ill be there on Saturday...wearing my #21 Higgins T shirt. :D :yo: say hello if ya see me.

Take care,

Kev

Munchausen 10-12-2006 01:14 AM

I really liked Niinimaa's game tonight. Strong, physical and smart. He did everything he had to do on defense. Now if he can find his game on offense as well, some tough decisions will have to be made once Bouillon's back.

Marksman 10-12-2006 01:23 AM

Hes been gradually improving his game for the first three games, it will be interesting to see how far he can take it - and how he handles his first home game in Montreal.

JMMR 10-12-2006 02:11 AM

Niinimaa looked great this evening very solid in the defensive zone and his skating is very good much better then I thought the habs would be getting!

NewHabsEra* 10-12-2006 02:15 AM

He was our best defenman tonight.. Just quite solid!!:handclap:

Hackett 10-12-2006 02:39 AM

tonight against the flyers was his best game so far. He made good decisions tonight like most of the habs did. Textbook road effort.

Le Maroons 10-12-2006 02:41 AM

Nobody is replacing Rivet.

espo* 10-12-2006 05:52 AM

He played fine last night but there is still something not right about that guy,he still seems unsure of himself and looks to be ready to panic at a moments notice and i'm waiting to see what happens against more powerful teams like the Buffalo's of the world. The jury's out on him with me.

David_99 10-12-2006 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabFan1084 (Post 6733340)
Hey guys,

Drove down to Philly cause its not that bad of a trip from my apt in the New York..

My brother hooked me and some buddies up with some good seats and the game was a good one.

Abby played a solid game, and its a good problem to have with Huet and Abby contributing nicely between the pipes. Does Carbo ride the hot goalie or will he keep shifting it up? That remains to be seen...

Ninnima (too lazy to spell check) played a very strong game...made the right plays, kept it simple, good break out passes, etc...played very well.

Downey layed well when he was out there,throwing his weight around and making his prescence felt.

Dandy played a good game, nice to see him join the rush and make things happen.

Kovalevs goal was a great shot, and his hands are unmatched.

1st line was good, and created a good tempo by scoring early. seems to be a good thing when the habs score early.

I like Johnsons game...seems to adapt to what style is being played..If its a finesse game then he can play it, and its a more physical grind-type game then he can do it too...Solid solid third liner...

Saw Chris after the game for a few minutes...Seemed in good spirits and excited for the home opener.

Ill be there on Saturday...wearing my #21 Higgins T shirt. :D :yo: say hello if ya see me.

Take care,

Kev

Your bro did excellent work and gave an awesome shot for the empty netter! He quickly became my favorite player last year and he's continuing this year. Well done Higgins! :yo:

As for Niinimaa, as one of the earlier posters said, the only time we heard his name was when he was doing something good, so that works for me! :propeller

Habs Icing 10-12-2006 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6733554)
I really liked Niinimaa's game tonight. Strong, physical and smart. He did everything he had to do on defense. Now if he can find his game on offense as well, some tough decisions will have to be made once Bouillon's back.

And Bouillon's return ain't gonna be soon.

Tuggy 10-12-2006 06:19 AM

He played well, for sure.

For the season I think that Komisarek has been by FAR our best defenseman. He looks like a first round pick out there and he is only going to get better. Already one of my favorites players on the Habs.

#44_delivers 10-12-2006 06:20 AM

not just tonight

he's been solid all 3 of our games.

espo* 10-12-2006 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 6734117)
He played well, for sure.

For the season I think that Komisarek has been by FAR our best defenseman. He looks like a first round pick out there and he is only going to get better. Already one of my favorites players on the Habs.

It's the best i've seen him play.It looks like Komi is turning into the player we'd hoped he'd be.

GoodKiwi 10-12-2006 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Maroons (Post 6733761)

You sir are absolutely correct. Replace a guy that missed 2 games in the last six years? The most reliable work force on our team? No, sir, Niinimaa will remain #7 for now where he belongs.

speed11 10-12-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Maroons (Post 6733761)

God i hope you're wrong. I haven't been impressed to say the least with his play any of the games, he looks like he's gotten even slower, which i didn't think was possible.

Darz 10-12-2006 08:07 AM

I have to agree with most..Janne had a decent night. I've seen improvement in his game in both games since the Buffalo tilt, which, imo, he didn't look that good in. I would also have to agree with the poster(s) who said Komisarek was our best defenseman last night. Komi, has really looked good so far this young season.

IcE ColD 10-12-2006 08:12 AM

Janne's doing a pretty good job so far. It won't be easy for Carbo to sit one of the D when Bouillon's back.

I know I'll be crucified for that, but IMO, Souray is the less impressing on the D-squad so far...

FisherKing 10-12-2006 08:18 AM

Well, didn't see last night's game, but liked what I saw of Niinima in the first two games, considering he's still "settling in" with the team. Also like what I have been reading about him here, which seems to indicate he's on track and getting more comfortable every game. Still early, but I predict that when the "ballots are all in and counted" Habs will have won this trade by a rather large margin. I really think if Niinima keeps on track, he definitely will be Top 4 and one of the UFA's resigned at the end of the season. Very early to be making such bold predictions but what's the fun of making predictions after the fact? Although I really wasn't that familiar with Niinima prior to Habs acquiring him (other than that he played in the NHL) but I'm pretty excited about the addition of Niinima to our D corps based on what I've seen and read so far. Now, I might change my mind before the season is over, but so far so good.:)